Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whales, I'm curious, do you believe that the majority of players are elitists? So, can you mathematically explain why you'd still be pulling and filling your groups with the same players making such a system pointless. This logic is so funny.

I don't wish the non constructive flamers (healers suck, tank suck, kick them people) to be removed. I just want them to be banned from in-game chat globally.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Not really, anyone who thinks they are good at the game doing 40k dps and always dying isn't an elitist he is a moron, big difference......so maybe the OP should change the thread title to "Auto kick douche bags"
    Elitism as an attitude has nothing to do with skill. You can see the difference between saying "that guy's an elitist", and "this guy is an elite player", yes?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    And I think people overestimate the raging in LFR in general.
    Now granted I don't go there very often, but most of the time, my groups say less than the bosses.
    Agree, there are some runs that are horrible, but lucky blizzard have put a solution to this in the game. It's called votekick! if enough people are annoyed the person yelling will usually get kicked..

(Agree ther should be a similar option in BG though)

10+ Year Old Account
    I will personally come and wipe your LFR Run 50 times on my alt.

Can we stop with these threads all the time? 4reals
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    You're right. You have the option to vote kick a player. Or are you the only person who believes this person is an asshole?
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I have to concur with you. This person is clearly deluding himself into believing that the real world operates in this way. In the real world, elitism will typically get you into trouble with your respective company and hence, one may notice that elitism tends to occur most with those in entrepreneurs--those who can't and do not want to work with others. The delusion...
    Elitism doesn't exist in companies?

Oh you naive person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna sum this up because I have some things to do. I feel as though you think that I'm labeling all Elitists as bad and all Casuals as good. Thats not the case.

There are douches on both side; the idiots who flaunt their superiority over others and the idiots who label anything helpful as elitism. The former are the douchey Elitists and the latter are the idiotic Casuals. That being said, there are also good people from each side. From what I've seen, the point this thread is discussing is the issue with the douchey Elitists, not the good ones.
    I'd honestly would put up with elitist assholes all day long if they are pulling their weight and making life easier for myself, but I will not tolerate the terrible, 20k DPS, loud mouth asshole that is doing nothing but causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    If that's what you use to excuse your inept logic, that is fine.
    I don't know what I did to offend you, but you're welcome to explain to me exactly why your system wouldn't just start taking from the toxic list from the inevitably longer queues. We're not just talking about tanks. But if you're content to try and start some flame war, don't bother replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Why are Dungeons and Scenarios mash-fests that take less time than the actual queue or wait list? What a waste of content design...
    Do challenge mode or heroic scenarios, and stop making my country look bad. It's 2-3am, go to bed mate.

Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    took you seriously until I saw that.
    Eh, its just an idea. Couldnr think of a way to punish ppl that die on purpose compared to legit deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    There's an ignore button for that very reason.
    There is no such thing as an ignore button. If there was, I would've blown mine up by now from overuse. There is an ignore FUNCTION, which requires more than just pressing an imaginary button. And no, they are not the same thing.

Elitists are one of the reasons, probably the main reason actually, I stopped doing anything bigger than 5-mans. And I still get them there, just usually only one at a time. Much easier to deal with. I really wish there was something more that we could do other than just ignoring them or getting them booted from the group. They'll just rage in trade about how they were treated unfairly by noob dumbasses, and then when the deserter debuff fades, they'll just pop right back in but even more pissy than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I will personally come and wipe your LFR Run 50 times on my alt.

Can we stop with these threads all the time? 4reals
    I am not looking for someone to come wipe my raids. I am looking for someone who is not an asshat and rude to people to come wipe my raids. Judging from your attitude during that statement, you don't seem like the friendly person I could count on to achieve such a task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    There is no such thing as an ignore button. If there was, I would've blown mine up by now from overuse. There is an ignore FUNCTION, which requires more than just pressing an imaginary button. And no, they are not the same thing.
    Create new chat tab w/o instance channels.
    Display tab.
    ???
    Profit.

I do not consider myself an elitist nor do i bash people but i can see why sometimes it is understandable. I just picked up WoL a few days ago and I wanted to give it a try so i joined LFR first wing on my main (13/14 normal). We passed immerseus with half the raid the other half beeing dead... Next up second boss, the protectors. Besides the ussual stand in shit no healing deaths, I did not see any1 pass mark of anguish. All who got targeted by it died. All of them. In the end we wiped with too few people left... after the wipe i checked recount to see why things were moving so slow and i was stunned. I was doing 250k DPS and was the only one in the entire raid who had more than 100k. I really find this unacceptable, 3 months into the patch, with timeless gear and whatnot. I did not swear i did not call names but my God some of them really did not belong there. I just wished them "Good luck, you're going to need it" and left. I never thought that log will serve some purpose ever so i deleted it but i regret doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    But... I thought we were still hating the whole "no flying" thing??

You're too fucking hard to keep up with MMOC!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?
    Being too afraid to speak up =/= problem does not exist. It's like saying she doesn't talk about her bruises, so her husband must not be abusing her.

It's alright. We're already in Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    The putting them on ignore does nothing, if they think they can get away with being an ass, they will always be one no what group they end up in, in the future. I queue for the LFR occasionally just to do something different. I do not want to have sit there and have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for some to stop raging, so the boss can be pulled.
    So you want to change them? If they have a crappy personality that is just the way it is, maybe if we ignore all of them and they aren't able to find a que they will take the hint. You can't force them to change their personality, if they violate the codes of conduct or whatever and get banned - problem solved.

However, I don't think the problem being addressed is people with elitist mindsets. I think this is really being directed at people who call you out if you perform sub-par and aren't willing to listen to advice. Sure you may want to play your way, thats cool, but when I am running a 5 man, 10 man, 25 man, I want people around me who have thick skin and are receptive to constructive criticism, want to constantly find ways to play better, and have a decent shake on how to play. If you want to go out and try some random gemming thing and spec your own way - cool, but if we start failing and everyone else is pulling their weight but you and you stick your boots in the ground "THIS IS MY PLAY STYLE STOP HARASSING ME, DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAY", then don't be surprised if the reaction you receive is less than desirable. Those people, along with people who legitimately think they are better than others ARE the problem, but you can't change a rotten egg...and last I checked the ignore button works REALLY well.

I think for some of you it might do you some good to put up with intolerable people every now and then, build up some thick skin/patience.