Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.
    Am already over it. This is cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Yes, and with that, you agree, would come with higher queues. You also said that if a queue is long enough(your 1 tank example) it would start pulling players from the toxic player list that you currently have filtered out. I think the system contradicts itself if it pulls even a single "toxic" player into your group because you're getting a longer queue but still with toxic players.
    Wow. What did I say about minimizing the amount of such players in a raid?

How the hell can one be an elitist in LFR ?! It's like being a food critic and judging a turd on the sidewalk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    that would be very hard to implement, blizzard DO need to do something against toxic players however.

Just an idea I thought of, they could implement a hotkey that when pressed while a player is targetted, reports them for foul language aimed at players.
    Game masters could check the message history of these offenders and take appropriate action, for example if said reported players chat history is mostly foul language aimed at others, blizzard could ban them for a week on the grounds of persistent offensive behaviour.
    No wonder the gm queue is 8 days long if they have to deal with crap like this, while the cheeters and such remain unreported. Language is so harmless it shouldn't even be on the list of valid report reasons. The chat filter and ignore button exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Wow. What did I say about minimizing the amount of such players in a raid?
    I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but if you filter out toxic players, that leaves you with less total players to pull from.

I still think the ignore button is an incredibly easy and viable option, being on the internet already takes out 95-99% of the heat from a confrontation - if you don't like the way something is going then ignore the person. If you are too much of a coward or are too lazy to type /ignore on your own then "elitist" players in WoW might not be your larger problem.

Deleted
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.
    He's baiting the forum by posting about "elitists" and people who expect a certain level of investment the game.

He knows that by bringing up these points he'll be able to stir up flames in the forums. In short, he's flame baiting and by the looks of it, he's succeeded - almost 20 pages already.

Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced

A computer programm, that can detect a persons intent, and kick/not kick based on its decicion.

sure, that will work great, will not be abused (anyone remeber kickrules 1.0?), or would be completely bypassable by anyone spending some time on how it works.
    If you are looking for a group of likeminded people, dont go lfr. Or go lfr and try to kick the guys you dont like.
    The idea of a computer doing a raidleaders job is completley illusionary. Also Skynet.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by stuffandthings View Post
    Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced
    Null point. The account apparently doesn't raid, either. Is this a character of someone that you are trying to insult here?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    I didn't say anything about abuse. Suggesting someone learn how to play their class more effectively or perhaps take 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal and watch a Youtube video before wasting 24 other peoples' time and effort is not "abuse." It's advice. Maybe it's advice they don't want to hear, but that doesn't make it "abuse."Okay, I'm not doing that. I'm tanking in 530 tank gear, and beating 75% of the DPS in LFR who clearly aren't even using all of their abilities, let alone in anything resembling a rotation. If I can do 120k DPS in 530 tank gear, you shouldn't be coming in at 60k DPS as a pure damage class, even if I outgear you.
    Ok, we are playing a game here with people of very diverse background and skill levels, hence why this is an MMPRPG game, not every one want to take the time to watch videos, learn or care about gem and enchanting gear or even a rotation for that matter, all they really want to do is just play the game for a few hours or more. Should they care and should they at least take some sort responsibility to know something about the game and their character absolutely, but many really don't want to go to that trouble.

This is why Blizzard made pet battles and places like timeless isle, so they can go do these things and leave the rest of the people alone. Many people bitch and complain about the LFR and the LFD systems, but it is not the system fault that people don't care. These tools were also not made for the average player that do care or want to have some semblants of an organized group of people, hence why the summoning stones are still in the game today.

LFR should never be used by people that do organized raiding at all, it was not meant for them or people like yourself. You and many others do them because the RNG gods don't drop enough gear in the normal raid environment to suit of taste, so you think you can just queue up and make up for what you lack to receive otherwise and then complain to people that this feature was actually meant for that they suck and should not be in there. When in fact you are the one that has no business being in a feature of the game that was not meant for you to even be in.

The only reasons I do the LFR now verses doing organized raiding: 1) I do have the time and would rather spend what time a do have doing other stuff in the game. 2) Having to listen to the constant bitching and complaining in a vent over gear and who should receive it or whining about who cause the wipe on the boss, instead of just concentrating on actually just killing the boss and moving on to the next one.

This advice as you call it does not usually come across well in the first place, because instead of remaining calm and tactful, they come across belittling and condescending, I see this happen all the time and as soon as it happens I either try to kick the person or just leave the group and requeue again, because they are now wasting my time. Do I care that someone does not want to try or go AFK, yea I do, but I am there just to get a shot at a piece of gear or in many cases just trying to cap my valor for the week.

My slamming someone for doing 20k is not going to change the way they chose to play the game. I can only be accountable for my own actions. If I am one of 5 or 10 people standing at the end of the fight because I know not to stand in shit, so be it. I would rather just get the experience over with and move on to the next boss or queue for the next wing of the raid. I am not going to waste my time or others time trying to change how someone else plays the game. They pay to play, so they play, if you have a problem with that, then maybe you should stay out of the LFR altogether and save you blood pressure for your guild runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Am already over it. This is cathartic.
    Hahah oh my

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    A computer programm, that can detect a persons intent, and kick/not kick based on its decicion.

sure, that will work great, will not be abused (anyone remeber kickrules 1.0?), or would be completely bypassable by anyone spending some time on how it works.
    If you are looking for a group of likeminded people, dont go lfr. Or go lfr and try to kick the guys you dont like.
    The idea of a computer doing a raidleaders job is completley illusionary. Also Skynet.
    What will they do? Invent new words to insult with? Do you live in a world where technology cannot be updated? Is adding a word to a list of words for the next hotpatch deployment that hard?

Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.
    Yet AGAIN you make the assumption that casual players are innocent lambs who never do no harm.

It's so ass-backwards with respect to reality.

Get it into your head; most of the people crying and screaming and acting, per your definition, like elitists, ARE THE CASUAL PLAYERS.

The hardcore players just kill shit and keep quiet.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Deleted
    Seriously if you mess up at something, more often than not the best thing you can do is try to improve, not challenge the people who called you out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Yet AGAIN you make the assumption that casual players are innocent lambs who never do no harm.

Get it into your head; most of the people crying and screaming and acting, per your definition, like elitists, ARE THE CASUAL PLAYERS.

If they do LFR at all
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post

I concur with you. I've rarely seen hardcore players enter LFR or even Flex and say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Null point. The account apparently doesn't raid, either. Is this a character of someone that you are trying to insult here?
    Why do you think it's an insult? Is it because he is pointing out that person is lazy? He said he needs to enchant and stuff, and listed why it's good thing to do. Snide remarks can easily be ignored in this case. Are you really telling me that if someone offered you insanely useful advice and then said "scrub" at the end you would ignore all and complain till you turn blue? Sure have turned into a spineless community of babies haven't we.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    So basicly your saying: MOST people are not anoyed by this (if they were they would use the vote to kick). But earlier you said that those 5% ruin the game for the other 95%?? witch one is it? If not even 5 people feel the abuse is bad enough that it should result in a kick, then you claiming 5% ruining the game for 95% of the players is just a flat out lie

I totally agree with you that people flaming in LFR is anoying (why I always ignore and try to kick them.) But you can complain about it if your not even trying to get them kick (do you even mark them for vote to kick)? you might be amased at how often it work. =)

btw: if I see people yelling "kick player X he got so low dps" or something like that in LFR I generally try to vote to kick the person yelling instead =) (also super fun when they get kicked before player X) =)
    Last edited by Lamelight; 2013-12-05 at 05:18 PM.

Why do you think it's an insult? Is it because he is pointing out that person is lazy? He said he needs to enchant and stuff, and listed why it's good thing to do. Snide remarks can easily be ignored in this case. Are you really telling me that if someone offered you insanely useful advice and then said "scrub" at the end you would ignore all and complain till you turn blue? Sure have turned into a spineless community of babies haven't we.
    Nope. That isn't the problem. The problem is nonconstructive criticism. In addition, this thread isn't about his/her problems, it is about elitist crap.