Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Alas, now I can be the Banshee with magnetic hands.
    Oh there better be a levelsystem for the enemy units.
    Lvl5 magnetic hands for instant fisting
    Lvl6 specialization that enables a chain kill - grab one, kill them all.

Run away little ones, run away...
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-12-03 at 12:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Dat image in my head. It involves a Phantom being well, see spoiler.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh there better be a levelsystem for the enemy units.
    Lvl6 specialization that enables a chain kill - grab one, kill them all.

Run away little ones, run away...
    Too bad you can't make it play the DBM noise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Too bad you can't make it play the DBM noise.
    Nothing is impossible with a touch of PC modding.

Speaking of PC modding...

How long until we can get a Mass Effect mod for Age of Empires?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-12-04 at 07:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    How long until we can get a Mass Effect mod for Age of Empires?
    I'd rather have one for Supreme Commander Forged Alliance.
    Statix will suffice.

I just started up ME3, pressed resume, and got pushed towards the very last mission. No idea how that happened.

I've finished it before, and started playing a new save a while ago, but haven't gotten this far yet so it was kind of a surprise.

Finally got to see the improved ending, and I must admit that I liked it. I chose to control the Reapers, since causing a universe wide catastrophe didn't really seem like the best solution. Now I'm really curious what would happen with the renegade ending...

So I just finished the credits, and this old guy goes "Okay, one more story.." What's this supposed to mean? Is it just to put sense to the continuation of the save game?
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-12-05 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    I chose to control the Reapers, since causing a universe wide catastrophe didn't really seem like the best solution.
    Heresy of the highest level.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just started up ME3, pressed resume, and got pushed towards the very last mission. No idea how that happened.

I've finished it before, and started playing a new save a while ago, but haven't gotten this far yet so it was kind of a surprise.

Finally got to see the improved ending, and I must admit that I liked it. I chose to control the Reapers, since causing a universe wide catastrophe didn't really seem like the best solution. Now I'm really curious what would happen with the renegade ending...

So I just finished the credits, and this old guy goes "Okay, one more story.." What's this supposed to mean? Is it just to put sense to the continuation of the save game?
    You should have saved the game prior to starting the last mission. I think you can even save it during the the last mission, not sure though. But if you are interested in the Renegade ending (still convinced this is in fact the Paragon ending and Harbinger is just messing with you as (don't read before watching the Red ending) Anderson is shown in the cutscene), you can watch it on YouTube.

I still think, no matter how you look at it, Red is the only viable option. Even if Mass Effect 4 takes place hundreds of thousands of years after the events of Mass Effect 3, the Control (Blue) and Synthesis (Green) options would still have consequences. The Reapers would still be around. I don't see how they can continue from that and not include the Reapers in ME4.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-12-05 at 07:48 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    I still think, no matter how you look at it, Red is the only viable option. Even if Mass Effect 4 takes place hundreds of thousands of years after the events of Mass Effect 3, the Control (Blue) and Synthesis (Green) options would still have consequences. The Reapers would still be around. I don't see how they can continue from that and not include the Reapers in ME4.
    I think Red option is just stupid. Really, Shepard has gone all this way just to destroy half of sentient species by his own hand? It doesn't look like a canonical way. I mean, you could pick a Renegade ending in KotoR and become a new Sith lord in the end and capture the Star Forge for yourself, but, in the end, SWTOR simply ignores it and implies that the ending was Light. I bet they're going to do the same in ME4.

There are many ways to get around including Reapers in ME4 in both other endings. It can be, for example, that after some time Reapers are no longer needed as their mission is complete and there is peace between organics and synthetics now (or no even such distinction, in case of Green ending). So they can go to another galaxy to do the same there, or just to drift back to Dark Space, or to remain in the galaxy but not do anything, except for peaceful observing and, maybe, conversations with the Council sometimes.
    Or, in case of prequel (hope it doesn't happen, but still), there is no even need to mention them at all as, at that time, no one even suspected they existed.

Deleted
    The whole series was about stopping the reapers.
    Renegade is about getting the job done regardless of the cost.

Its oh so satisfying to win in the end and get to go home.

But its a though choice.

Do i want to ascend humanity and become a God with the mightiest force under my command, or do i give my life to wipe them out in a blaze of glory?

I usually ran paragon and destroy, but im gonna get a renegade with control save for ME4.
    I will be the galactic emperor.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-12-05 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole series was about stopping the reapers.
    Renegade is about getting the job done regardless of the cost.
    I thought the whole series was about survival of the organics. Before Shepard got to Catalyst, only one possible means of this was thought of: destroying the Reapers. As Shepard spoke to Catalyst however, it became evident that it's no solution: you destroy the Reapers, and then 200 years later even more terrible Reapers appear and just annihilate all organic life whatsoever.

Killing both the Reapers and half the organics just to delay the death of everything by a few centuries doesn't seem like a very heroic decision to me, when there are two other choices that actually solve the problem and, at the same time, advance technology and quality of life to unimaginable level (especially the Green one).

Although Catalyst was quite bugged, it seems. The most logical choice would be just to kill Shepard and continue cycles. But, well, fans would like that ending even less than the present one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Although Catalyst was quite bugged, it seems. The most logical choice would be just to kill Shepard and continue cycles. But, well, fans would like that ending even less than the present one...
    Would that have been the most logical choice though? The reason why that didn't happen is because the Systems Alliance (and the rest of them) built the Crucible and docked it with the Citadel for the first time in history of the Cycle. This all happened after the Catalyst thought he eradicated all mention of the Crucible. If the Catalyst followed that to its logical conclusion, that the current cycle made a contingency plan of the data (which Liara did) then new solutions would have to be found next cycle.

So it just went with those options now. Also logically the Catalyst wants an end to the cycle but just lacked the ability to end it. And I think also lacked the ability to predict exactly what effect the Crucible would have otherwise it might have never fought so hard to deny it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So I repeated the final mission again, and I accidentally 'chose' to not do a fucking thing, and let the cycle continue.

God damnit.

Deleted
    I accidentally 'chose' to not do a fucking thing
    You were slacking off.

Well to be fair i also did it in my first time there, i shot him in the face, i still dont know if it was some reflex action.

The entire ending of ME3 is stupid and contradictory, control the reapers!! yeah TIM tried to do it and he was mind controlled, synthesis bitch!! yeah saren tried that too. The result of let a single guy write the ending instead of the entire group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Well to be fair i also did it in my first time there, i shot him in the face, i still dont know if it was some reflex action.

The entire ending of ME3 is stupid and contradictory, control the reapers!! yeah TIM tried to do it and he was mind controlled, synthesis bitch!! yeah saren tried that too. The result of let a single guy write the ending instead of the entire group.
    Shepard wasn't mind controlled, so it doesn't contradict the Illusive Man being unable to successfully control them. Saren being turned into a cyborg by Sovereign also doesn't contradict the Crucible effect. It only means that Saren could have possible done the same if he was present at the crucible. It is also possible that there are differences between cyborg Shepard and cyborg Saren. It was never fully explained exactly what was done to Shepard to bring him back to life.

The ending being stupid or not is a matter of opinion. But the ending doesn't contradict anything in the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Shepard wasn't mind controlled, so it doesn't contradict the Illusive Man being unable to successfully control them. Saren being turned into a cyborg by Sovereign also doesn't contradict the Crucible effect. It only means that Saren could have possible done the same if he was present at the crucible. It is also possible that there are differences between cyborg Shepard and cyborg Saren. It was never fully explained exactly what was done to Shepard to bring him back to life.

The ending being stupid or not is a matter of opinion. But the ending doesn't contradict anything in the game.

One video worth more than a wall of text D:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    One video worth more than a wall of text D:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs
    A 39 minute video is more of a wall then 5 sentences.

10+ Year Old Account
    What doesn't make sense is the fact that Catalyst had to wait thousands of cycles for organics to build Crucible. I don't get it. Couldn't it build Crucible itself using Reapers that are far more advanced than any known races? If it is an AI programmed to preserve life at any cost, then it certainly had a LOT of bugs in its software. Organics did in a few months what Reapers haven't been able to do in probably over billion years, while being technologically and intellectually 1000 times superior to organics. Somehow it's hard to believe that such a terrible manager can control thousands, if not millions, of the most powerful entities in the galaxy.

I don't share popular feelings about ME3 ending and don't consider it to be terrible. In fact, I quite liked the moral choice which is way better than a usual happy end. However, it is evident that they haven't worked hard enough on it and left multiple plot holes that become evident by closer examination. In particular, Catalyst's logic is just plain wrong in many points. Why start cycles if a construction so simple that it can be completed by organics in a few months could solve the problem forever? Why don't just bomb Crucible while Shepard was on board and continue cycles? And, if Catalyst wanted Shepard to get there, then why send Harbinger to burn him out near the "portal" to Crucible? Why create this "portal" in the first place? Finally, how come Reapers haven't spotted Crucible while it was constructed if, evidently, nearly every organic has at least heard of it and there surely vast amount of resources had to be transported to Crucible which would be really easy to follow and discover its location?

Really, Bioware should have worked harder on it. Sci-fi game better have at least logical (forget scientific) explanation to happening events.