Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Maybe you were the 100th person to make such suggestion to them. If they did not take the advice prior to you giving it to them, then they are going to probably not want to here it from you. This is an MMO, so yes you have little choice in not being tolerant of others, no matter what skill level they are. I pay little attention to the people at the bottom of the charts especially if the boss was killed with little or no issue. I worried about myself, because I am the only one that can actually control the way I play not someone else. As long as I did my job and did decent dps and did not die, then I feel successful for another week. I also do not worry about gear, so many complain I did not get this or that for weeks on end. The gear will come, all that really matters is the boss died and we get to go on to the next kill.
    But then what is wrong with the other thread suggesting an autokick for the worst of the worst players?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    So should MMO boot you for cursing? Dumb idea, in heroics you can vote kick. No one is "forcing" you to raid, and if you can't handle LFR mechanics others should be able to get upset that you are wasting 24 other peoples time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    No he wont see. He is another product of the Azeroth welfare state.
    Thanks Warchief Thrall
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    People get upset because of bad players. The bad players are the root of the issue and you cannot stop a problem if you don't fix the root of the issue.
    Regardless of the performance of the baddie, there is never a cause to be a complete douche to someone. Speak your peace like an adult and move on. Constantly yelling and calling the person a fag and insisting they kill them-self is just downright friggin ridiculous.

Deleted
    I would completely approve of a full time profanity filter It is a kid game and maybe the filter would make the person yelling look stupid enough they would give them-self a time out.
    The game has a word filter, I think its even on by default, most just deactivate it and complain then which is just irrational.

I would completely approve of a full time profanity filter It is a kid game and maybe the filter would make the person yelling look stupid enough they would give them-self a time out.
    It's not a kids game and there's already a filter you can turn on if you want to pretend it is.

Its not a kids game. Teens game. Blizzard has bitch in a dialogue so saying bitch in chat is okay. Hell Blizzard let Conan call somebody a dick.

Profanity filter is for parents who want to let their children play a bit. The game gave them a system to do so, it shouldnt make us all play like we are in 5th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Thanks Warchief Thrall

Warchief Thrall 2016!

God bless azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Yet you make full use of that entitlement with your post.
    I wonder how long it'll take you to realise the OP is baiting.

28 pages now. I wonder how long this one will go.

Regardless of the performance of the baddie, there is never a cause to be a complete douche to someone. Speak your peace like an adult and move on. Constantly yelling and calling the person a fag and insisting they kill them-self is just downright friggin ridiculous.
    There is never a cause to be a complete baddie and make others pick up your slack. Not learning to play and insisting that your 15$ entitles you to fuck up group content is friggin ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yarmock View Post
    So should MMO boot you for cursing? Dumb idea, in heroics you can vote kick. No one is "forcing" you to raid, and if you can't handle LFR mechanics others should be able to get upset that you are wasting 24 other peoples time.
    MMO has no issue with swearing, but as an example, if I started using that advantage like a teenage boy and calling you everything under the sun and then insisting that you go kill yourself after labeling you with a derrogatory homosexual label, I would get a big infraction and a nice long suspension. If BGs and LFR had the same standards as MMOC, I'd be happy.

I don't mind "dumbasses". Sometimes they are just casuals labeled as a dumbass by an elitist. It is the elitist I would rather see removed.

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't have to ignore them. They should yank their elitist head out of their elitist ass and not be an elitist jerk
    Elitist used to be synonym to min-maxer

The people you have problem with were usually called "annoying wannabes"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    The purpose of this thread appears to basically be "The game would be better with fewer arseholes", but the OP has wrapped it up in this weird idea of 'elitists' and people who tell others what they're doing wrong in a rude manner. Also he seems to be arguing that in LFR its sometimes ok to do badly when you know you are because, hey, its only LFR.

The game aside, if a stranger called you a fag on the internet was it really necessary to make a thread on MMO Champion about it?

i have a better idea - block all chat when in group/raid/etc and stop all communication between people in the raid.

MMO has no issue with swearing, but as an example, if I started using that advantage like a teenage boy and calling you everything under the sun and then insisting that you go kill yourself after labeling you with a derrogatory homosexual label, I would get a big infraction and a nice long suspension. If BGs and LFR had the same standards as MMOC, I'd be happy.
    This is true, BUT...

Blizzard seems to think "shit" is swearing, while it is often used in place of "damn"

So I really wouldn't trust a system like this
    Imagine a full PvP player with far more gear than anybody else in the battleground carrying you, he gets knocked off a cliff and says "well, shit"
    INSTAKICK!
    Would you be happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the good players don't even play this game anymore.

When I was still subscribed, the few times I did LFR would often be one or a few bad players getting angry at even worse players. I guarantee you that players who are actually "elite" are not in your LFR queues unless it's a 3rd or 4th alt, and they usually tend to keep their mouths shut.

What you're talking about, OP, are assholes. Assholes can be both good and bad players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I wonder how long it'll take you to realise the OP is baiting.

28 pages now. I wonder how long this one will go.
    tbh so was I , guess I lost since it got no longwined response.

Wanting people who are grown ups, and know what they are doing, and know how to act in public are always welcome. Folks who pop off at the mouth and act like assholes regardless of their skill level are not welcome.

As for "grow up", I am almost 40 and know how to treat other players with respect. Here's two words for you....

get lost.
    You have got to be the biggest hypocrite. No wonder people give you shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't have to ignore them. They should yank their elitist head out of their elitist ass and not be an elitist jerk
    "I don't want to hear things I don't agree with, so we shouldn't have free speech"
    Same concept right? The difference being of course that in RL you don't have a button that will literally make sure you never hear from that person again.
    Don't be lazy, hit ignore. Ta-da, problem solved.

Another word that gets thrown around too much is tigger on the internet.

For instance I could look at your picture and call you tigger.

Tigger this, tigger that......its too much