Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Meh, I wish we had that kind of 'power' when people went YOLO/Leroy Jenkins mode in dungeons

So many wipes at old SM Cathedral because people refused to clear the entire cathedral and insisted on a 'speed run'

Deleted
    Well Superman-Bladesedge, I think you'll be just fine as long as you stay in LFR and random battlegrounds.

Deleted
    It still shocks, disturbs and amazes me, that after so many years of bg's, people still can't get it through their thick skulls that raging, name calling and blame gaming does not do a damn thing to help the situation, it worsens it if anything.

If you want to win, take positive action. But what am I saying, none of the people that act like this can be reasoned with. yeah, I support this notion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chill guys. You are wasting your nerves on something that isn't wort it. This is an MMORPG where you are playing in a world with other people. Some of those people you'll get along with and with some you won't. Try to stick with the first kind as much as you can.

For me personally its is okay to go into LFR without being fully enchanted and gemmed because at the end, the dungeon does not require it. It was designed to allow for bad playing, suboptimal gearing and talent choice. But I think it is just disrespectful to not take your 15 minutes of time to read a guide on your spec and a basic break down of encounters in the upcoming instance. At least whisper one of your colleagues if you have no clue what's going to happen in the next fight. You are spending the next half an hour of your life with a group of people and I think they deserve that amount of respect.

We are a community with an incredibly diverse player base. As long as you are not hindering other people having fun, you should be allowed to play the game the way you want. But always keep in mind that you are interacting with real people. Don't throw away your manners just because there is a screen and a keyboard in between.

If someone is calling you names you can either initiate a vote kick or just ignore them. Don't join the down words spiral of rent. We are all part of this community. Everybody has the possibility to make it a better one by just being tolerant and respectful.

Have a great day

10+ Year Old Account
    whats interesting is when you put someone on ignore they NEVER be grouped with you. no 5 mans, not even if you both where to que up for lfr, not bgs, there are features in this game people dont use or udnerstand how it works
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Using your analogy:
    Bosses don't typically yell at employees who do good work.
    Well, some do. But it's hardly the norm.

"People yell at me and tell me I'm bad."
    Well, why don't you play better?
    "I'm playing just fine!"
    You're obviously not. If you were, people wouldn't yell at you.
    "Elitist!"
    lol wat

You noticed I was responding to someone's elitism and you reply ironically. Well played. I don't know why you just saw the yelling part of the analogy... If your boss was mistreating you (throwing knives, bro, throwing knives) and all you got out of the experience was minimum wage, would you stay or quit, and find something better? Do people really see in black and white like this? What you clearly misunderstood was that if someone in LFR is being a jerk, you shouldn't have to put up with them just because they are tanking or healing. If they are disrupting the LFR, they should be kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps some won't agree with me, but this thread seems as though it is just one big pity party with an inferiority complex. Get a grip, seriously. So someone who is better than you called you out on your mistakes; it has happened to every player in this game. Get better or cry about it and gtfo. Stop blaming skillful players for your failures. Just my two cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Just play better.

The resources are available to you to learn how bosses work; and how to play your class in PvP.
    If you aren't doing those things right and are making your team fail because of it, you deserve to be called out on it.

If you don't like being talked down to, and don't want to get better at the game, find a group of underperformers who are Okay with underperforming, like you. You can all not-succeed together in a safe, warm little hugbox where nobody cares about improving.
    You just spew hatred for other players. Would you like a hug? Have you tried positive thinking? {◕ ◡ ◕}

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    What you clearly misunderstood was that if someone in LFR is being a jerk, you shouldn't have to put up with them just because they are tanking or healing. If they are disrupting the LFR, they should be kicked.
    How is making a raid wipe due to terrible dps or lack of mechanic knowledge not disrupting LFR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this in a weird way being a jerk? You are trying to deny people the right to play part of the game because you suck at it?

Sounds kind of hypocritical to me.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Am I the only one who hasn't ignored ANYONE in this or any other game for that matter? I must have done something really bad if someone gets angry enough to take time out of their day to contact me personally, even If I don't learn something new I can atleast correct him and someone walks away a winner.

Running from your problems and living in denial seems like the a very effective way to be unhappy, be that in game or real life.

I have a grand idea. Quit making threads like this, I am so sick and tired of this crud all over every single website. Why can we not just all enjoy the game and have fun, why does X always have to be an issue, why why why why why?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Am I the only one who hasn't ignored ANYONE in this or any other game for that matter? I must have done something really bad if someone gets angry enough to take time out of their day to contact me personally, even If I don't learn something new I can atleast correct him and someone walks away a winner.

Running from your problems and living in denial seems like the a very effective way to be unhappy, be that in game or real life.
    This, 100000000 times this.

Also to add on to my post, OP the definition of elitism seems to go down to a different group, ya know the one that complained about dungeon difficulty in Cata, the one that complains every time a boss doesn't die in 1 attempt in LFR, the ones that complain when someone tries to help them? You get what I am saying? Anyone? This group believes it is ENTITLED to the same exact things that people who play hours upon hours a day get. They think they are DESERVING OF FAVOR over the "Elitist" who spend hours upon hours, days upon days getting better at the game. They beg Blizzard and ask on mmoc for a bit more CONTROL over these people that they deem "Elitist".... get it now?
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-12-06 at 09:46 AM.

Deleted
    Well, Blood legion won't be able to raid anymore if this will be implemented.

I take it everyone who tells that you're bad at this game is an elitist, right?

Real elitists don't actively partake in LFR, because they have guilds, friends or other means of doing flex/raids instead. People you are describing are assholes, not elitists.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (-ltzm, -l-)
    n.
    1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
    a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
    b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Could you apply this to life. Is is ok in life to feel that you are entitled to a higher salary, if you
    - work hard
    - work a lot
    - take risk with your investment
    - have a MS or PhD

If a player have spend time and effort to better themselves, shouldn't they be rewarded accordingly.
    Shouldn't the game accomodate different type of players? and by accomodate i mean, offer increasing reward for increasing lengthy and challenging content. is it wrong to feel you are entitle to better reward when you succeed at something really difficult?

Why would you want to remove the most invested players in the game? is it the dictatorship of the terribads?

Deleted
    Yep, sounds more like delusional assholes to me. But you can fuck em' out of the group fairly easily if you want.
    How, you may ask? I'll gladly tell ya! It all comes down to abusing the first rule of MMO games and a quota from the Holy Bible.

Luke 6:37
    “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.
    Now, stealthily wipe your group by pulling trash or Ninja pulling a boss. Wait for the inevitable Elitist crying and finger pointing.
    Enforce the first rule by saying something along the line of : Blaming others? Shameful..

The weak nature of an assholes mind will force him to respond with even more accusations which will reinforce your notion, securing his own demise(Votekick). Enjoy the rest of your run in silence and pretend you're not involved. Good luck and have fun!

I support this!

#NoMoreElitists

All I see this doing is getting the "Elitists" to whisper you and spam the hell out of you rather than the group. Or find creative ways of calling you out. Also, most elitists are tanks for PvE content. You'd be enjoying even longer queues when the tank leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I'm sure that if the people doing 20-50K dps improve a bit, the "elitists" will be less hostile aswell.

So fix your shit everybody wins?
    Because yelling at someone and telling them that they are shit will improve their dps for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    All I see this doing is getting the "Elitists" to whisper you and spam the hell out of you rather than the group. Or find creative ways of calling you out. Also, most elitists are tanks for PvE content. You'd be enjoying even longer queues when the tank leaves.
    I disagree, most elitists are dps.