Poll: Do you want Ogres playable as a Horde race?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I wouldn't mind seeing ogres just hanging around in capitals cities, or as important characters in the story, but no, i wouldn't like them to become a next playable race :/
    i still can't get used to goblins/worgens, but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlo View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing ogres just hanging around in capitals cities, or as important characters in the story, but no, i wouldn't like them to become a next playable race :/
    i still can't get used to goblins/worgens, but that's just me
    Well, I can say that Ogres will be made playable. Their playability is a wish of Metzen's which automatically means they are coming. Same with the Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon or later I would like play one and my Horde Faction will be complete. :P
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what

High elves for the Horde... LET THE ALLIANCE HAVE THE OGRES!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    you know what

High elves for the Horde... LET THE ALLIANCE HAVE THE OGRES!
    Except that doesn't make sense lore-wise. The High elves would never join the Horde, and I doubt the Alliance would ever have the Ogres among their ranks except as slaves.

IMHO, Ogres should had been the Alliance's new race instead of Draenei, bringing Shamanism and raw brute strength to the faction, and Draenei should have been WOD's new neutral race with the option of both Shaman and Paladin to represent their neutrality with both faction as they want victory against the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    IMHO, Ogres should had been the Alliance's new race instead of Draenei, bringing Shamanism and raw brute strength to the faction, and Draenei should have been WOD's new neutral race with the option of both Shaman and Paladin to represent their neutrality with both faction as they want victory against the Burning Legion.
    Ogres are a classic Horde race. I could never see them as anything other than Horde. The Draenei didn't side with the Horde for the very obvious reason of the Orcs being there as well as the Blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Ogres are a classic Horde race. I could never see them as anything other than Horde. The Draenei didn't side with the Horde for the very obvious reason of the Orcs being there as well as the Blood elves.
    The renamed High Elves aka Blood Elves wasn't a classic Horde race as well. Lore can be changed and have progression hence why suddenly the Night Elves are in the Alliance and out of the blue, the Forsaken joins the Horde.

Care to explain why?
    Judging by his avatar and choice of character, because they aren't sexy?

The renamed High Elves aka Blood Elves wasn't a classic Horde race as well. Lore can be changed and have progression hence why suddenly the Night Elves are in the Alliance and out of the blue, the Forsaken joins the Horde.
    Except that how would you allow Ogres into the Alliance? The Alliance hates the Ogres and most likely would use them for slave labor. The Blood elves were hated by the Alliance, and Sylvanas advocated their addition to the Horde. The Blood elven addition to the Horde isn't so far-fetched.

Except that how would you allow Ogres into the Alliance? The Alliance hates the Ogres and most likely would use them for slave labor. The Blood elves were hated by the Alliance, and Sylvanas advocated their addition to the Horde. The Blood elven addition to the Horde isn't so far-fetched.
    I'm pretty much sure if Blizzard could just retcon Draenei, and pull out Night Elf out of thin air in wc3, they can pretty much make Ogre into there Alliance. Ogre isn't too far fetch as alliance because lore can be changed by Blizzard on a whim.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would personally roll mok'nathol. more of a heroic and badass race. ogres just come off too dumb and clumsy for me to like.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I'm pretty much sure if Blizzard could just retcon Draenei, and pull out Night Elf out of thin air in wc3, they can pretty much make Ogre into there Alliance. Ogre isn't too far fetch as alliance because lore can be changed by Blizzard on a whim.
    Yeah, let's give Ogres, an anticipated Horde race, to the Alliance and ruin many people's dreams like playable High elves during TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar could the racial leader, the ogres can push into and build their horde capital in dustwallow marsh, aiming to retake parts of the barrens allowing dustwallow to be a horde starter zone and connect with the barrens quest flow. the horde could get a huge ogre mound so possibly a huge ogre mound in dustwallow that is similar to iron forge, a subterranean horde quest hub/capital. (gives the ogres a semi faction hub and capital if they do become playable) plus with the fall of theramore allows the horde to reclaim dustwallow.

I'd rather the high elves be lead by alleria and turalyon returning to the alliance, retake and rebuild stromgarde turning into a mini stormwind with auction house, bank, class trainers, profession trainers, vendors, flight path etc etc etc making it a daily quest hub and begin to retake parts of the northern kingdoms, possibly retaking and rebuilding alterac. Pushing forward to Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    I'd rather the high elves be lead by alleria and turalyon returning to the alliance, retake and rebuild stromgarde turning into a mini stormwind with auction house, bank, class trainers, profession trainers, vendors, flight path etc etc etc making it a daily quest hub and begin to retake parts of the northern kingdoms, possibly retaking and rebuilding alterac. Pushing forward to Lordaeron.
    I agree with everything up until this point. I think if Northrend is ever going to get an update, Blizzard should move Dalaran back to the Eastern Kingdoms and give it to the High elves as a racial capital (as it currently is right now). If they don't update Northrend, then I'd still rather have Kul Tiras, and if that doesn't happen, then Stromgarde.

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Well, for gameplay reasons, the remnants of the Seven Kingdoms needs to be fairly evenly divided between the Alliance (Humans, High Elves) and the Horde (Forsaken, Blood Elves). The human/undead squabble has been one of the largest contributors to disarray in the region for years, that's not going away, because both sides want access to the same location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres where once a large part of the horde, and several clans are still part of the horde. So I don't see why they shouldn't be playable.
    You have the stonemaul clan, part of the dreadmaul clan and the dunemaul at least.

Not sure if I would play one myself, perhaps a 2 headed mage or something.

Well, I can say that Ogres will be made playable. Their playability is a wish of Metzen's which automatically means they are coming. Same with the Naga.
    playable naga would brake lore. very badly.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    playable naga would brake lore. very badly.
    And Blizzard has been known to break lore . . . very badly. Draenei never existed on Draenor or any lore before TBC. Huge retcon just by this fact alone.

However, I see a way for them to be made playable (this is just speculation). Queen Azshara has been known to use magic to make herself more appealing to the point that people will follow her every whim no matter the situation. Maybe, since she has started to become more involved in recent affairs and has become more distracted, her magic over some of the Naga is waning and they are released from her control. Seeing how ugly and evil she really is, these free Naga go to the mortal races for help to stop her (and they pretty much know her plans). Everyone on the Alliance completely despises them, but after hearing how the Highborne were under the same spell used by Azshara at the time during the War of the Ancients, the Night elves understand and advocate for their addition; which the rest of the Alliance are hesitant to do. On the Horde, everyone despises them as well besides the Blood elves. The Blood elves have been helped by the Naga before and know that they are a very knowledgable race. In addition, the Blood elves' ancestors were under the same spell as the Naga are and advocate their addition to the Horde.

I'm not kite fan of lore, so, a ogre playable will be very nice, not sure about the impact in the game, or what race add in alliance side.