Thread: How coin work?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How coin work?

Let me get this right. 6 weeks of hc raiding. 3 coins a week. 18 coin. 1 loot.

I saw one of my other lock coin 1 HC WF Bindings, 2 HC weapon from Nazgrim, 1 HC Gloves also from Nazgrim, 1 HC Weapon from Spoils. He didn't even played every week.

I'm chewing rocks.

RNG is RNG, nothing to do about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i know. I had to write down my frustration.

I remember something about a "bad luck" system. I dreamed of it?

Deleted
    think 1 outa 10 is loot for sure or something like that..

Didnt they say at Blizzcon that if anyone said they coined that many times and got nothing, they were lying?

I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say you're lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 Ordos kills, 5 of which I rolled on. 11 rolls = 0 items.

On the other hand, a friend of mine goes 10 rolls, 5 items. 50% drop chance. This week he went 11 rolls for 6 items. He's a lucky SoB.

Bottom line - yeah, RNG is a bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Didnt they say at Blizzcon that if anyone said they coined that many times and got nothing, they were lying?

I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say you're lying.
    Maybe on the same boss. Dunno. Not lying mate, wish i was.

I've coined every week for about 5 weeks on Norushen and Sha for legs/shoulders/trinket (hunter). Still no luck. RNG loves me (doesn't drop normal way either). But I will get them someday! Someday! Do you hear me, RNG? Someday!

10+ Year Old Account
    coin works like this: you roll a coin cause you rly rly want the loot - gold, you roll a coin cause of "oh , what this button do?" - loot

9 seals, still 0 loot. Still rocking an amazing 502 trinket when everything else is 561.

rng

the way i have heard it work, is that when you coin a boss, and dont get anything, the next coin on that same boss has an increased chance to get loot, and it gets higher for every coin, until you get something on that boss, then it resets back. i dont know the % since i have coined Malkorok Heroic 9 weeks and havent gotten anything yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    coin works like this: you roll a coin cause you rly rly want the loot - gold, you roll a coin cause of "oh , what this button do?" - loot
    Pretty much. No seriously, there's no "bad luck" protection system? I'll be fucked by rng until the day that i'll quit?

And i'm convinced that there's an hidden stat "luck" that affects your roll. With my lock it must be -56 (in a 0 to 10 scale). My pala, besides, not only dropped 2 rare mounts in casual raids and dungeons but won both of them. Not to mention the coins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adril View Post
    the way i have heard it work, is that when you coin a boss, and dont get anything, the next coin on that same boss has an increased chance to get loot, and it gets higher for every coin, until you get something on that boss, then it resets back. i dont know the % since i have coined Malkorok Heroic 9 weeks and havent gotten anything yet.
    9 weeks without any loot? Seems legit.

yea sucks even more in 10 man, when that 1 piece you want just won't drop week after week after week after week... All the while dat coin makes you 30 gold richer.

Deleted
    hmm few months now and got very few items some really useless but coined WF bindings on my first HC kill ages ago so can't rly complain

Deleted
    RNG is a b*tch. I'm trying to get that one special item, every damn week, every roll I use, nothing.
    While my alt, which I don't care about that much, wins item after item after item without having to roll once. She has everything from LFR / Flex she will ever need, while my raid-char barely sees anything usefull
    Sucks. But nothing you can do about it.

You're not alone out there.

Deleted
    i cannot describe how frustrating are coing extra rolls. I dont raid that much, and usually have 3 coins max, and when i use them i get gold 95,45% of the time....the mage in my raid gets loot all the time, not to mention a priest. That is the most frustrating part of the game, cause you know you cant do anything about it no matter what you do. This extra roll system is the most idiotic thing that blizz came up with, after "new age" PvP....my 2 cents

Deleted
    How do you guys feel about a DKP system like EPGP and how it is affected by this, for example: Player A wins an off-hand, -200 DKP, player B coins said off-hand so gets the same item without spending DKP on it. So in addition to getting the item, player B gets an advantage over player A as he has more DKP left to spend.
    Just RNG of course, but if one player has a lot of luck with rolls he will have a DKP advantage as well as a gear advantage over other players, which some people might think unfair. It hasn't bothered me (and i'm lucky enough with loot), but wondering what you guys think.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    How do you guys feel about a DKP system like EPGP and how it is affected by this, for example: Player A wins an off-hand, -200 DKP, player B coins said off-hand so gets the same item without spending DKP on it. So in addition to getting the item, player B gets an advantage over player A as he has more DKP left to spend.
    Just RNG of course, but if one player has a lot of luck with rolls he will have a DKP advantage as well as a gear advantage over other players, which some people might think unfair. It hasn't bothered me (and i'm lucky enough with loot), but wondering what you guys think.
    Technically he either has a gear advantage or a DKP advantage. In your scenario both player A and player B have the same gear. Player B still has his DKP though.

Anyhow overall it doesn't make much of a difference. If you're using DKP you're part of team. Someone winning an item with a coin means more gear for the team. Aside from this, those who didn't win the item now have less competition to win the item in the future.

So, for example, team Bob has 3 hunters. All 3 hunters want a bow of Galakras. When you defeat Galakras, all three use their coins. Hunter A wins with the coin. Therefore hunters B and C have only each other to compete against meaning they each have a higher chance of winning with their DKP. Let's say hunter B spends 200 DKP and wins it. That means that next time Hunter C will get the bow basically for free. Furthermore, now that Hunters A and B no longer need to spend coins on that bow, they will start spending those coins on some other contentious item eg a trinket, meaning that when the raid trinket does drop, it will be more likely Hunter C can win it.

TL;DR: Bonus rolls are of benefit to everyone in a EPGP system

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Maybe on the same boss. Dunno. Not lying mate, wish i was.
    Always sucks with bad luck.
    Not entirely sure how it works, i just remember a blueposter saying that if one said he got 10 rolls without any loot he was outright lying.
    So if it's sure at 10, you should get it in 1 or 2 rolls for certain
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-12-06 at 12:33 PM. Reason: after.. at..
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    RnG is just sick... I had the worst luck with coins in ToT easily 15+ coins spent on lei when back when everyone was rocking demo... Nothing got the lfr one after 13 week and was stuck with it till the sept when i did a hc raid got hc version next reset it was nerfed gg... But this expansion ive had the best rng.. I raid 10 man with decent hc progress... Currently 576ilvl this week alone on Wednesday ive got 5 items 3 of which from rolls and the other 2 on pieces our mage and priest have won in the past... Got KTT and BiS legs and off hand... Absolute gift... But yeah hopefully at some point before next expac you luck changes i don't think the luck roll system is boss specific either by the way from what i remember i read when the brought out that bad luck system it went linearly and progressively on a roll to roll basis... Think of the system they would gave to have in place if the servers had to remember every coin on every boss in every instance/raid ever.... Not happening... All i can do for you my friend is.... Good luck.. Imma bet 100g you'll get 2 loots next week from rolls you can hold me to it ;p