Deleted

So I've earned my first 100k - How to get more?

May sound stupid... But I've made my first 100k gold by tediously selling ores and killing all sorts of rares in Pandaria...

Now with this amount of money I'd like to try some profitable way of earning money. Maybee some AH tricks? Got any ideas guys?
    Shuffling doesn't work on my server ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    May sound stupid... But I've made my first 100k gold by tediously selling ores and killing all sorts of rares in Pandaria...

Now with this amount of money I'd like to try some profitable way of earning money. Maybee some AH tricks? Got any ideas guys?
    First mistake there, if you have time/joy farming ore don't sell it, use Jewelcrafting profession to make gems out of it, you're going to make a lot of gold from it.

You can make really A LOT of gold from just JCing. Example, since 5.4 'till November I made 1 mil 400k Gold JUST by selling Gems, I made more with enchants and other things, but just gems got me 1mil 400k.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2013-12-06 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    All servers are different.
    Shuffling is a start, but it doesnt work on all servers. It works on most. Smart shuffling will make you more money.
    The expansion pack is mature and prices for most things will be in decline .

Read read and read some more on gold making tips and how to use each profession or way of turning a profit.
    Test and then follow as many of the most profitable strategies consistently.

The greater variety of goods you have that people want then the higher potential profit per week you have.
    The more sales at a profit you make then the more money. Rinse and repeat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    All servers are different.
    Shuffling is a start, but it doesnt work on all servers. It works on most. Smart shuffling will make you more money.
    The expansion pack is mature and prices for most things will be in decline .

Read read and read some more on gold making tips and how to use each profession or way of turning a profit.
    Test and then follow as many of the most profitable strategies consistently.

The greater variety of goods you have that people want then the higher potential profit per week you have.
    The more sales at a profit you make then the more money. Rinse and repeat
    how Am i suppose to sell rare gems when they sell for 30g ? :/

I have that same issue, seems gems never sell fore more than double digit on my server, hardly worth my time when I can make money selling other things.

This might sound shady, but I used to charge gold on a female toon for males to cyber with me.

Im a male.

10+ Year Old Account
    i found selling old xpack mats to be very profitable personally, take a miner around blasted lands killing rares/getting thorium.
    use the imperfect draemyst crystals or w/e to turn in for an extra green, de' those(sell xmog ones)
    run dungeons that drop mounts, de greens.(yes kill trash, sure it tech takes more time but also much more profitable)
    sell bop blues to vendors.

strike a balance between what you do, don't try to flood the market with just gems(also getting honored with the aethereal people in BC...gives a nice sized gem bag a week, get revered start getting rare gems(ppl don't use for leveling)
    so keep it at honored or friendly on alts(do that once a month and get 20+ green gems you can sell, just for picking up the repeatable monthly quest....

there's lots of ways outside flipping stuff on the AH(but that is also by far the best, however boring method)

one of the best ways i had for a while, but seems ppl caught on, was to run the icc 5mans, de the boss epics, then shatter the crystals into ess/dust.
    prices were about 4g a dust and 20g a ess...but to many ppl caught on i guess..

but you provide people with deep wallets(or who have been playing a long time and cbf) a way to level their proff's quicker.
    you profit, they profit(time saved)
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-12-06 at 01:47 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    buy all of them out and resell them for 4 times as much?

I've earned about 350k in the last week, but 75k of that is from selling CM carries and about half is from AOE farming, which is considerably more involved than mining or herbing or playing the AH is.

However, a lot of "WoW AH barons" will say that AOE farming is a waste of time, but to make 10K/hour playing the AH, you have to be sitting at the AH searching, buying, mailing or crafting for that whole hour, so you're just as busy.

Deleted
    Which server?

You will most likely be down to cut selection. If the competition is too fierce in any one market so it doesnt pay enough then that market isnt a good use of your time and you have to find new markets. Consider moving away from traditional profession markets.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I've earned about 350k in the last week, but 75k of that is from selling CM carries and about half is from AOE farming, which is considerably more involved than mining or herbing or playing the AH is.

However, a lot of "WoW AH barons" will say that AOE farming is a waste of time, but to make 10K/hour playing the AH, you have to be sitting at the AH searching, buying, mailing or crafting for that whole hour, so you're just as busy.
    I've seen you mention aoe farming in this forum a number of times. Any chance you could fill me in a little more on that?

edit - I just sorry you added more detail in that other post!
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2013-12-07 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    The AH play depends on duration, it has diminishing returns. I for one earn a few thousand within around one Minute of work, and a few more thousands with half an hour of AH play. For the next "couple of thousand" I would have to do AH play for hours and so on.

AOE Farming can be really nice if you utilize your Character's tagging and movespeed skills, talents, and glyphs. If you chose to pursue that, I would check some youtoobs first to find a recent one that is new and highly profitable unlike some old spot which came up two years ago and was either stealth-nerfed, or the drops became overfarmed during the years (or both)

I did it two times this year. The first was during Valentine's when Mobs dropped Lovebirds in addition to their loot and the second one was in 5.3 mass Peons where I got a lifetime supply of Elder Charms + many Cloth from tailoring perk.
    that was funny how many farmed elder charms before 5.4 hit, then timeless isle made 5.3 barrens charm farming look utterly pathetic, barrens got me like 400 within a few hours, just playing around on timeless has earn't me "over 9000".

I was at around 13K lesser charms on my mage from farming Mistfall before it got nerfed. Think I'm around 25K now.

10+ Year Old Account

AQ20 transmog farming without killing any boss. Only trash farming. You can find a nice guilde on internet.

If you are on a nice realm you can sell Vanguard chests for 15K and glorious sets for 5k each pieces average.

OFC while doing the ore shuffle.( Ore to gems/ Ore to rings/neck to enchants mats to scrolls)

Having a nice configured TSM = MANDATORY.

Look at WoWuction for bargain.

Making gold by legit way is hard. Maybe dont worth it anymore since recent events

GL

Deleted
    Not that i use gold in anything, (have acquired 600k for doing nothing, i just never use it) but i think i could try ore shuffle just for lolz. So simply, get million ores, make gems, sell best gems, craft other gems to rings/necks, DE those, make high-end enchants from them?

Is the point of shuffle just massive amounts of things to sell? Ie. 50 stacks at once? I understand that no-one will get wow-rich just by selling 1-2 dancing steel scroll and 10 crappy gems per week.

Shuffling, as in acquiring materials for a price then converting them to more valuable ones using: Jewelcrafting, Alcemy, Enchanting and mining primarily.

First step: Is shuffling actually profitable?

Finding out the exact value of the materials you will be processing is extremely important. The value of the materials dictates the extent at which you can shuffle materials around into gold. Ghost iron ore is probably your safest bet, so lets look at the materials you can turn it into.

Ghost iron ore:
    1. Farm ghost iron ore and/or buy it. You can also attempt to employ avid farmers to COD it directly to you, be careful not to order to much of it as it can be boring to process 100 stacks every single day. You will rarely find people farming ore for you for long tho.

2. Prospect the ghost iron ore. Likely the most profitable action.
    3. Melt into ghost iron bars. Often the price of bars may be more valuable than ore value and should be considered if you're waiting for gem prices to rise again.
    4. Ore -> Bar -> Transmute into Trillium bar. On my server this is not profitable, it may however be on yours. Try to get transmutation mastery.

Gems:
    1. Sell them uncut and/or cut them and sell them.

2. Craft uncommon / rares and disenchant them for the enchanting mats. Crafting greens may yield a blue item which may be worth more than the enchanting mats it turns into.

3. Farm or buy golden lotus -> Transmute uncommon gems into rare ones if profitable. Transmutation alchemy recommended.

Mining:
    1. Farm / buy Trillium ore.
    2. Melt into bars and sell. Trillium ore being 9-11g per 1, bars being 45-55g this one is actually profitable on my server.

General tips.
    * Don't be afraid to hold onto mats.
    * You can ignore any and all steps in the process if they are not profitable. Farming and selling ghost iron ore for 200g per stack is better than turning it into rare gems worth 30g.
    * Connect Alchemy, enchanting, mining and JC characters via a guild bank.
    * Get mining/herbalist on main. It's much better to farm while waiting queue than running circles in org.
    * Get a sell character and a sell tab on your guild bank. Makes for easy transfer and reduces trash in the bags of character doing the actual processing. You also get a character you can easily mail any and all valuables you find laying around.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!