Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Wrong... it is MUCH easier now for this to happen. My ex has a job, house, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, and has custody of her 2yo son. However, I have primary custody of our 7yo daughter. How did I do this? I proved to the State of Florida that I am equally stable, and have more time off to spend with our daughter. I have final say on every major decision concerning our child. She had DCF on her side, and I had an average lawyer that specialized in family law.
    There are obviously cases that do win or I'd have said it's impossible. But it's still not easy. You were lucky and some states are far more willing to give custody to fathers over mothers. But that's still the exception.

You have my deepest sympathies; without going into ugly details I will merely say that I have some experience with situations similar to what you have described. Aside from the computer hygiene that posters have already described, I would suggest a few things:

1) Keep records of all contact between the two of you - don't engage her verbally except when entirely unavoidable. This will help you build a history of documentation if things ever escalate to where legal authorities need to be involved.
    2) You have only two priorities in this case - your personal safety, security and well-being and that of your child. If, at any point, you feel either of these are being threatened you can, and should, report these threats to the authorities. The portion of the e-mail you quoted, while I concede is entirely without context, suggests instability that could turn ugly and should not be ignored.
    3) Never doubt that you are undeserving of this aggression and violation - no matter how bad it gets, never allow anyone (yourself included) to convince you that you are to blame or deserve the treatment (or, indeed, cannot be stalked/harassed/abused because of your gender.

In regard to Blizzard; pick up the phone and speak to a customer service representative. Describe (without awkward personal details) the type of situation that is occurring, describe actions taken to prevent the contact on your behalf, provide them with any and all personal details regarding your ex and request a Battle.net account wide block to any accounts matching her personal details. When I did this, they granted my request and restored my privacy to freely enjoy Azeroth.

I hope this helps you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    I wish I had a stalker.
    ^ijustwanttoquote

10+ Year Old Account
    you should have stayed and waited til she got over you and not ran like a little girl, be a man, it would have passed and she would have moved on

@ OP You're welcome to PM me - it sounds like there's a lot going on here, and I'll be happy to respond to any general questions and concerns you may have.

I guess I don't see what the problem is. Just ignore her and do what you'd normally do.

Oh i would love a girl as a stalker,would talk so much disturbing things to her she would flee instantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    I wish I had a stalker.
    No, you don't. We're not talking about your run of the mill spoiled little 12 year old brat who is mad about you ganking him.

This is about people with severe psychological issues that become obsessed with you or just want to track you down for whatever reason. I've had it happen and they might be finding your name through Google. Depending on what your character name is, they could possibly track more information on you.

Here's how it works:
    You see, a lot of people use their character names and screen names for other websites together. Let's say, someone named Yolomcswagblaze is making me mad, and I want to Google him. (Although names like that do make me rage a little...) That character name he might be using on other websites as screen names could lead me to who he is, forum usernames, etc.

It's incredibly easy to find people on the internet due to simple errors and mistakes. Blizzard has all the chat logs for this very reason.. if they say anything to you in-game that's life threatening, report it as a life-threatening or real life threat message and I'm pretty confident those type of tickets are pushed to the front of the list. I'm sure McNewbJim losing his Hearth Stone and being stuck on Alcaz Island can wait or HurpDerpDPS getting an item ninja'd in a normal raid.

Oh i would love a girl as a stalker,would talk so much disturbing things to her she would flee instantly.
    You underestimate how disturbingly insane some women are...

I knew a woman who wanted to be drowned (as her fetish). When I stopped talking to her, she was saving up to buy a plane ticket to come find me, she was messaging everyone on my friend's list to try to find out. Turns out, she had a husband the entire time and when he found out, I never heard from her again. This was a few years ago.

Not just women, but some people are severely screwed in the head. Besides, how do you make a woman who has drowning as a fetish flee?

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    No, you don't. We're not talking about your run of the mill spoiled little 12 year old brat who is mad about you ganking him.

This is about people with severe psychological issues that become obsessed with you or just want to track you down for whatever reason. I've had it happen and they might be finding your name through Google. Depending on what your character name is, they could possibly track more information on you.

Here's how it works:
    You see, a lot of people use their character names and screen names for other websites together. Let's say, someone named Yolomcswagblaze is making me mad, and I want to Google him. (Although names like that do make me rage a little...) That character name he might be using on other websites as screen names could lead me to who he is, forum usernames, etc.

It's incredibly easy to find people on the internet due to simple errors and mistakes. Blizzard has all the chat logs for this very reason.. if they say anything to you in-game that's life threatening, report it as a life-threatening or real life threat message and I'm pretty confident those type of tickets are pushed to the front of the list. I'm sure McNewbJim losing his Hearth Stone and being stuck on Alcaz Island can wait or HurpDerpDPS getting an item ninja'd in a normal raid.

You underestimate how disturbingly insane some women are...

I knew a woman who wanted to be drowned (as her fetish). When I stopped talking to her, she was saving up to buy a plane ticket to come find me, she was messaging everyone on my friend's list to try to find out. Turns out, she had a husband the entire time and when he found out, I never heard from her again. This was a few years ago.

Not just women, but some people are severely screwed in the head. Besides, how do you make a woman who has drowning as a fetish flee?
    Oh believe me lad,im satan himself when it comes to bad stuff.
    Last edited by Baltasar; 2013-12-06 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Uhm, the stalking involves some whispering? How does that hurt you. Just ignore it and don't whine about it imo.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Uhm, the stalking involves some whispering? How does that hurt you. Just ignore it and don't whine about it imo.
    She is using the game to stalk him and message him in real life completely different then using the ingame whispers. She is stalking him via the game and messaging him and trying to talk to them via real life.

Deleted
    Not buying this at all. You have a child together with an ex that is obsessive and prone to violence, and your primary concern is to make sure that she can't stalk you in wow, not doing everything in your power to get your child away from her? Any sensible parent would be panicking and in court by now, this is either made up or you're almost as messed up as her.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-12-06 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Not buying this at all. You have a child together with an ex that is obsessive and prone to violence, and your primary concern is to make sure that she can't stalk you in wow, not doing everything in your power to get your child away from her? Any sensible parent would be panicking and in court by now, this is either made up or you're almost as messed up as her.
    You have no clue how screwed up these courts are, ESPECIALLY if you're a dude. I've been to court already. This is a sexist society favored towards men, but one place the woman has an upper hand is in the court system. In the eyes of the court being a bad spouse does not make one a bad mother/father. Abused men are almost laughed at in this society. I tried getting a restraining order against her, and got a temp one, but the bar is set high for getting it to stick. I never got hit by her and thought "Let me take a pic of this mark then call the police." I have one police report from after the fact, after the custody battle. So often that's not how it works in abusive relationships. That's how it went in court for me "got pics? you had a phone that could take pics, right?" Not to mention the judge I pulled was a fire pissing old woman. We share custody, we both contribute financially (I do more tbh) and when I am not at work, and when I am not with my boy GAMES ARE ALL I HAVE and I want that, just that tittle corner of my life to be free from the stress of this relationship, one I'll likely have to endure for another 15 years. Woman tries to control my life, all I want is one thing free from her. Understood?

And you know, a part of me really, really doesn't want to take a child from his mother. She's nasty to her boyfriends (even the one she's with now) but she does alright as a mother and my son loves her. It's an emotional nightmare... imagine that situation. This isn't a psych forum, so I don't wanna get too deep, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyway since I've last posted here I've done as much as my technical skills will allow, getting a new hard drive, installing it (I kept NO old files), reinstalled windows and I got yet another WoW account and transferred my main to the new account.

God willing when I am alone, I can just melt into my WoW and not be bothered.

Thanks a ton for your help, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch Way View Post
    You have no clue how screwed up these courts are, ESPECIALLY if you're a dude. I've been to court already. This is a sexist society favored towards men, but one place the woman has an upper hand is in the court system. In the eyes of the court being a bad spouse does not make one a bad mother/father. Abused men are almost laughed at in this society. I tried getting a restraining order against her, and got a temp one, but the bar is set high for getting it to stick. I never got hit by her and thought "Let me take a pic of this mark then call the police." I have one police report from after the fact, after the custody battle. So often that's not how it works in abusive relationships. That's how it went in court for me "got pics? you had a phone that could take pics, right?" Not to mention the judge I pulled was a fire pissing old woman. We share custody, we both contribute financially (I do more tbh) and when I am not at work, and when I am not with my boy GAMES ARE ALL I HAVE and I want that, just that tittle corner of my life to be free from the stress of this relationship, one I'll likely have to endure for another 15 years. Woman tries to control my life, all I want is one thing free from her. Understood?

And you know, a part of me really, really doesn't want to take a child from his mother. She's nasty to her boyfriends (even the one she's with now) but she does alright as a mother and my son loves her. It's an emotional nightmare... imagine that situation. This isn't a psych forum, so I don't wanna get too deep, but I'll leave it at that.

Anyway since I've last posted here I've done as much as my technical skills will allow, getting a new hard drive, installing it (I kept NO old files), reinstalled windows and I got yet another WoW account and transferred my main to the new account.

God willing when I am alone, I can just melt into my WoW and not be bothered.

Thanks a ton for your help, people.
    Have to agree with you to a large extent. A woman can say and do basically anything. They can sit and harp and grouse and nag and just plain push your buttons until they get you to snap. The second you snap you are of course the one in the wrong and need therapy. What they did to push you there is non consequential.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Why didn't you mention her character name before anyone could teach you not to do it? 5minutes would have been enough and yandere would fight yandere!

Deleted
    I'm a law student, and well aware how the judicial system works and that child-care disputes generally (but far from always) favor the mother. I don't see how that excuses you from trying, especially now that you have a police report and more evidence to her in addition to that (all the mails/harassment she's sent to you). That games are "all you have" doesn't change this fact whatsoever, but I guess it's nice that you don't have anything remotely important to distract you from what truly matters. The fact that your inability to play a game upsets you more than your sons wellbeing is so pathetic that I have a hard time describing it in words.

How do you know that she does alright as a mother when you essentially don't interact at all? What if she realises that the best "tool" to get your attention is next to her? Parents abusing, harming or even killing their kids is sadly not uncommon.

Unless she's fairly tech-savvy I'd argue that it's far more likely that she simply tracked your in-game character down (achivements, gear, in-game interactions, etc. It's very easy) than her planting spyware in your computer, so if the game is so bloody important to you I'd start a new character instead.

---

Have to agree with you to a large extent. A woman can say and do basically anything. They can sit and harp and grouse and nag and just plain push your buttons until they get you to snap. The second you snap you are of course the one in the wrong and need therapy. What they did to push you there is non consequential.
    What does snapping refer to in this situation? Do you somehow think it's warranted/excused to resort to rage or violence because someone "harps and nags" on you? If you litterally can't stand the way someone speaks to you the only acceptable reaction is to walk away.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-12-07 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    guys, wowprogress is not the only tracking site out there.
    I'm pretty sure that if i knew the name of one of his alts from his original realm i could track his main too.
    It's easy and I've already wrote what he should try to stop those tracking sites.
    Anyway a Blizzard employee replied to this post, I'm sure they can help him if he will read Araxom reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    wowtrack.org
    wowtrack.org
    wowtrack.org

My first post about this site was buried, so here it is again.
    That site tracks through name/race/serverANDfaction changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    wowtrack.org
    wowtrack.org
    wowtrack.org

My first post about this site was buried, so here it is again.
    That site tracks through name/race/serverANDfaction changes.
    I didn't even know about that site, I went there and it seems very confused...
    I went through some of my characters and it was connecting toons left and right that either weren't even the same character or weren't even mine.

It doesn't seem very reliable, but at the same time I can't figure out how to get it to stop tracking what it has already tracked. I had already done what Meldon mentioned to get wowprogress and guildox to stop tracking my alts.

That's pretty bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If it's a whole new battlenet it's probable that there are two things:

1 - She has a keylogger that screenshots and emails her what you're doing. I used one once to catch my partner cheating on me.
    2 - She knows you really well and guessed...and turned out to be right.
    Or somebody they both know snitched to her without telling him? A possibility.