Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    Religion is no argument, it has always supported polyamoury, as long as men were the shared party, dat institutionalized sexism.

STDs are no argument, I encourage you to learn the difference between casual sex with multiple partners, and polyamoury.
    Religion sort of promoted polyamory. But religion changed when economic systems changed, and the nuclear family was more economically viable and socially stable because it allowed for a greater extent of control over a populace while homogenizing economic ability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Cheers. I realize I could've simply googled it, but I'm overly social today. I also take it it's a flexible thing, with hetero's, bi's, homo's, robots and undecided's mingling pretty much (assuming current partner's approve) FFA?
    Varies on a person to person basis. Unless I'm not understanding the question.
    Sexual orientation dictates who you would date no more or less than it would in a monogamous relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Maybe I should have underlined emotionally.
    Now I has a sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    Varies on a person to person basis. Unless I'm not understanding the question.
    Sexual orientation dictates who you would date no more or less than it would in a monogamous relationship.
    Yeah, sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant, for instance, a hetero with a bi, who's with a homo, who's with a pan, who's with an a, who's with an a-curious, who's with a... etc. Like links on a chain, all of different colors as long as the links tied together match or are relateable. There are more sexual preferences in humanity than there are colors in the rainbow.

Ever seen Startrek Enterprise? Like with Dr. Flock's species, can't remember the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    In a modern world, it seems silly that the public views polyamoury the way it still does.

I've always been polyamourous, I've been open about it with my partners, girlfriends, etc. It has never caused any problems for me, because all my relationships have been built upon mutual honesty and trust.

Yet when this comes up in conversation, I always get judged as a slut, or a cheater, it is not fair I tells ya!
    Assuming you dislike being called a slut, why do you allow people to discuss your business?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Assuming you dislike being called a slut, why do you allow people to discuss your business?
    polyamory =/= slut. Just mean you have more than 1 meaningful relationship at a time. I have a friend that has a bf and a gf, all 3 are perfectly happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Surprised to see you lowering yourself to posting here.
    I saw the thread from the front page and thought "I know some stuff about that!"

I should also upload my avatar and drive people into a tizzy over me "stealing" your avatar since you seem to have established yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    polyamory =/= slut. Just mean you have more than 1 meaningful relationship at a time. I have a friend that has a bf and a gf, all 3 are perfectly happy.
    I didn't say polyamory = slut. I asked why OP discussed personal matters despite disliking the outcome.

That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Wait, the last thing I know is that it was 3am. What the fuck day is it?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

It's Saturday. Which Saturday exactly I won't tell you.
    I have about 52 Saturdays to choose from. Let's call it... today. That should work for any Saturday. Any day, even. Alright, I'm out before I nod off and hurt myself.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I didn't say polyamory = slut. I asked why OP discussed personal matters despite disliking the outcome.
    Because I don't shy away from conversation.

Deleted
    Because of family. No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around. They arent dependable and arent mother/father material. There are other reasons for it too. No one really likes to share their partners. Or if they dont mind, the relationship isnt that serious or is one sided. Most men who are ok with polygamy if they can have multiple wives suddenly have a problem if their wives also have multiple husbands.

And if this really was a thing ad could work, how would you imagine a family them? A whole country? Your 5 wives have 5 husbands each who also have 5 wives each and so on.. each of them with at least 1-2 children..

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Because of family. No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around. They arent dependable and arent mother/father material. There are other reasons for it too. No one really likes to share their partners. Or if they dont mind, the relationship isnt that serious or is one sided. Most men who are ok with polygamy if they can have multiple wives suddenly have a problem if their wives also have multiple husbands.

And if this really was a thing ad could work, how would you imagine a family them? A whole country? Your 5 wives have 5 husbands each who also have 5 wives each and so on.. each of them with at least 1-2 children..
    Three things, Polyamoury is not "sleeping around", not everyone wants children, and your example presents no real problem, maybe it would confuse you, but that is your issue. You're also using one hell of a slippery slope fallacy.

Polyamoury just means more than ONE relationship, not 5. Even so, if I did have 5, why do you care?

Don't insult my chicken sandwich, simply because you like BLTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around...
    Speak for yourself, just because you have issues with it due to a conservative upbringing doesn't mean that the rest of the world does.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Speak for yourself, just because you have issues with it due to a conservative upbringing doesn't mean that the rest of the world does.
    It never ceases to surprise me how nobody reads the thread, like ever....

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people who are polyamorous aren't open and honest about it. My guess is because they feel the women they are with won't be with them if they admit it, so they hide it. There's nothing wrong with being polyamorous. It's when you lie about it that it becomes a problem.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

sharing my partner with someone like that destroys the value of the relationship. how can there be anything special between you an the other person, if there's also something special between them and another? i could never love someone while we both love someone else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sharing my partner with someone like that destroys the value of the relationship. how can there be anything special between you an the other person, if there's also something special between them and another? i could never love someone while we both love someone else as well.
    So you killed their parents, then?

All their friends, pets.

After all, how can they have a meaningful relationship with you if they have anyone else in their life?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not asking people to convert to polyamoury, just that people understand how it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

See, you're a very possessive person, nothing wrong with it, but that is your thing, and your partner's, nobody else's.

If a partner of mine came to me and told me that they have another person they want to be with, alongside me, I would feel quite the opposite of you.

I consider it quite destructive to keep a person away from people they love, to the point where I'd consider it abuse, imprisonment even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Don't be a fool. Bloodline relationships between family members =/= romantic relationships.
    Just exaggerating the point made, being possessive isnt harmful in and of itself, but leads to mistrust and paranoia if left unchecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Next thing you know, you're searching through their contacts list, asking who people are...

I don't care who you bang, but poly isn't a sexual orientation, and marriage is a 1:1 institution for logistical reasons. This restriction doesn't infringe on any sexual orientation.