Thread: Lvl 60 Twink

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Lvl 60 Twink

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here btw.

Ok, so I started playing last year, and I've heard a lot about how awesome raiding in vanilla and BC was, and I want to try something like that, obviously it'd never be the same, but I would love to even try.

So, I have a warrior that I'm leveling, so I want to twink him at 60 and go with some friends in classic raids, dungs, etc, and want to get the best raid gear. I'll also get the 60 pvp gear, but that wont work for the raids lol. So, what set would be the best? Would the BWL set be the best? I'm not sure. Thanks for any help from all you original players.

AQ40, since Naxx40 gear is no longer obtainable.

AQ 40 is ya best bet but personally I like BWL gear because it looks cool (T2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever has the best stats for you is what you go with. As far as I know, most of the set bonuses are irrelevant in today's world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    AQ40, since Naxx40 gear is no longer obtainable.
    What he said. Mostly AQ40 but perhaps some BWL. Also you could also get some socketed TBC gear but you'd have to do some maths to make out if the gems would be worth sacrificing set bonus and such. Also if you're fury try to get the legendaries Sulfuras and Thunderfury and dualwield them just because :P

Edit: I don't consider level 60 gear stats to be very effective to how classes work nowdays (a lot of plate gear had agility and such, but I guess it was fine at the time since it gave you dodge)
    Last edited by mmoc568a11d25e; 2013-12-08 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What it really sounds like is that you want to find a private vanilla server. But, AQ40 has the highest item level gear, though back then , you had resist gear fights, and that required doing each raid in order to get the proper resist gear for the next tier. It also required you to farm from lower level dungeons to also get certain resist gear. Then there are things like Onyxia's Lair and Naxxramas and ZG, that are no longer in game at that level, so you are sort of gimped a little from that respect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    What he said. Mostly AQ40 but perhaps some BWL. Also you could also get some socketed TBC gear but you'd have to do some maths to make out if the gems would be worth sacrificing set bonus and such. Also if you're fury try to get the legendaries Sulfuras and Thunderfury and dualwield them just because :P

Edit: I don't consider level 60 gear stats to be very effective to how classes work nowdays (a lot of plate gear had agility and such, but I guess it was fine at the time since it gave you dodge)
    Back in vanilla agility gave dodge, crit, and a small amount of armor, Crit on equipment as we see it onw was non-existent outside a few cases or the speccs (which came in 5% versions that stacked additively)

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll begin getting some gear soon. Btw, for AQ40, is there an attunement process to be able to enter like MC and BWL?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaparty78 View Post
    Ok, thanks everyone. I'll begin getting some gear soon. Btw, for AQ40, is there an attunement process to be able to enter like MC and BWL?
    No, you just walk to the portal. Also you can enter MC and BWL without the attunement, you just have to walk through BRD/UBRS to get to the portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still get full tier 3 naxx 40 gear but it's 10k minimum a pop off BMAH, you have to wait to get it all and you might have to pay a lot more if other people are trying to get it for tmog. They nerfed lowbie enchants and gems so twinking got the shaft big time. My 60 hunter has ten 20 agi gems in his gear and WOTLK enchants but now they're like nothing, lol. But if you still want to, black market AH tier 3 and aq40 gear is your best bet.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you just walk to the portal. Also you can enter MC and BWL without the attunement, you just have to walk through BRD/UBRS to get to the portal.
    not right, you have to do a little quest in UBRS to enter BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by Baerendude View Post
    No you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    They removed that in 3.0(?).

Deleted
    Remember, what you will experience is so far from vanilla that you have no idea. Its gonna require a lot less effort and wont feel nearly as satisfying.
    But sure doing the raids at 60 is still fun ;D
    Like someone said, a vanilla private server is the closest thing to the real deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They removed that in 3.0(?).
    i had to do it with my monk, so its still there. You can run through UBRS and use the portal but u cant use the stone outside to teleport directly to BWL.

but none the less, blizz changed the classes so you will miss a lot of core talents if you just stay at 60. i tried to play at 60 as well, but its not really fun, if you miss out the most good talents.
    Last edited by Manabaer; 2013-12-08 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    i had to do it with my monk, so its still there. You can run through UBRS and use the portal but u cant use the stone outside to teleport directly to BWL.

but none the less, blizz changed the classes so you will miss a lot of core talents if you just stay at 60
    Yes, that's the attunement, but you don't need to do it in order to enter the instance. I tought you were talking about the old quest you needed to do to get an item that opened the door to UBRS.

10+ Year Old Account
    sry, my fault. i should have said, that i mean this with "little quest"

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Back in vanilla agility gave dodge, crit, and a small amount of armor, Crit on equipment as we see it onw was non-existent outside a few cases or the speccs (which came in 5% versions that stacked additively)
    I clearly remember that there was crit on gear, giving a flat % increase instead of rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    I clearly remember that there was crit on gear, giving a flat % increase instead of rating.
    Krols Blade lvl 55 Epic 1h sword had 1% Crit on it. if i can remember right

Quote Originally Posted by kallekaka View Post
    Remember, what you will experience is so far from vanilla that you have no idea. Its gonna require a lot less effort and wont feel nearly as satisfying.
    But sure doing the raids at 60 is still fun ;D
    Like someone said, a vanilla private server is the closest thing to the real deal.
    IS there such thing right now as a private vanilla server? That sounds cool, but I doubt it.
    I think doing some raids with friends will be fun, but if it isnt, at least I get some nice tmog gear lol.

So, I"ll make sure to go through MC, BWL (I'll do the full attunement, I've done it before a couple times, so it shouldn't be too hard), and AQ40, and look at the BMAH. Thanks.