Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally if I have to chose between a warrior, a DK, or a rogue, I'll take a warrior or a rogue first. That's assuming equal gear/skill/experience. But if I need attack speed, or find a good DK, I'll take the DK.

Deleted
    At least we win in the style-category. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're aiming for a nice rank in wowprogress you don't take a dk lol, our raid utility is poor (aoe deadgrip, chillblains sometimes and antimagic zone that can be replaced with any other class cd), considering our dps isn't enough and even that is behind the rest at some point, our mobility is quite bad. you can be a nice player that doesn't fail and gives average damage, but unfortunately if you want to push the progress at some point you can easily be replaced by almost every melee class, and better if replaced by a ranged. if you just want to clear content step by step (top 500 maybe?) dk's are just fine as any other class. Some times you can be also replaced just because you're a dk, and your raid leader doesn't have a valid excuse to give but it's a fight that becomes easier without a dk, again, because the other classes are better. ah, almost forgot, dk's have a combat ress, looooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Mitra View Post
    If you're aiming for a nice rank in wowprogress you don't take a dk lol, our raid utility is poor (aoe deadgrip, chillblains sometimes and antimagic zone that can be replaced with any other class cd), considering our dps isn't enough and even that is behind the rest at some point, our mobility is quite bad. you can be a nice player that doesn't fail and gives average damage, but unfortunately if you want to push the progress at some point you can easily be replaced by almost every melee class, and better if replaced by a ranged. if you just want to clear content step by step (top 500 maybe?) dk's are just fine as any other class. Some times you can be also replaced just because you're a dk, and your raid leader doesn't have a valid excuse to give but it's a fight that becomes easier without a dk, again, because the other classes are better. ah, almost forgot, dk's have a combat ress, looooooooool
    Except the world 2nd 10 man took a DK...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Except the world 2nd 10 man took a DK...?
    Doesn't mean DKs are good. It's evidence, not proof. It could be they knew the DK was a good player. It could be they had played with him in the past. Maybe they needed a DK for a specific strat. Maybe their comp could handle a DK better than another class. There are lots of reasons, but you can't say "world 2 did this so there is no issue." It doesn't consider any of the factors I listed, nor the many I didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitra View Post
    You know there are many DKs in the top 500 10 mans correct?
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

Deleted
    it is not "why brind Dk"..

Why brind Melle at all!

Because gear that melee want is going to drop regardless, and there's only so much of it that you can give to your tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    it is not "why brind Dk"..

Why brind Melle at all!
    To be fair, why bring ANY class?

Id take a 10 man group of 10 druids in various shapes and forms any day of the week.

If he knows how to do his job it's fine, warrior dps is great but what if he dies? As ret I do more dps than most right now, and the warriors actually can pull ahead of me, however, they die. Stick with dps that stays alive. That's what's important. Dks also are great to bring if you have a ret paladin who's good dps, if you have a rogue obviously then the choice should be who's better at their job, just being able to smoke bomb isn't an auto in, if the person does mediocre then don't bring em over the dk, rogues have a higher dps potential but, which class is easier to pull these numbers? DK is an easy class to pull decent numbers in. Rogue has some trickery and tom foolery that some people can't get their heads around, for them there is assassin spec but even that takes some doing. Either way, find the person that doesn't stand in garrosh's annihilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellcrs View Post
    If he knows how to do his job it's fine, warrior dps is great but what if he dies? As ret I do more dps than most right now, and the warriors actually can pull ahead of me, however, they die. Stick with dps that stays alive. That's what's important. Dks also are great to bring if you have a ret paladin who's good dps, if you have a rogue obviously then the choice should be who's better at their job, just being able to smoke bomb isn't an auto in, if the person does mediocre then don't bring em over the dk, rogues have a higher dps potential but, which class is easier to pull these numbers? DK is an easy class to pull decent numbers in. Rogue has some trickery and tom foolery that some people can't get their heads around, for them there is assassin spec but even that takes some doing. Either way, find the person that doesn't stand in garrosh's annihilate.
    If your warrior dies he's bad, or your healers are bad.