Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hitting Heroic Garrosh 25 Tonight - WTB Tips

As per title.

Guilds that have killed this seam to be keeping their strategies close to their chest. We have a good idea on how we are going to tackle this boss but as always I am looking for any tips you guys can provide. Toon is protection warrior.

Make sure to take high stacks as a tank in p2 - 5-7 is good. Makes the most out of vengeance.

In Jade Temple you can eat all of the annihilates with Faith. Chain CD's and stand in them with Sbarrs. You can get up to a good 600k vengeance which is quite a bit of extra damage.

Once you hit P3 it's a tight dps check to beat the second Empowered Whirling - spam executes! He doesn't hit too hard and it really helps with the dps check. Obviously don't die doing it but push your own damage as hard as possible, you can do like 700k dps during lust on a good pull.

Not an overly complicated fight, just make sure to push your damage as hard as you can really.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Make sure to take high stacks as a tank in p2 - 5-7 is good. Makes the most out of vengeance.

In Jade Temple you can eat all of the annihilates with Faith. Chain CD's and stand in them with Sbarrs. You can get up to a good 600k vengeance which is quite a bit of extra damage.

Once you hit P3 it's a tight dps check to beat the second Empowered Whirling - spam executes! He doesn't hit too hard and it really helps with the dps check. Obviously don't die doing it but push your own damage as hard as possible, you can do like 700k dps during lust on a good pull.

Not an overly complicated fight, just make sure to push your damage as hard as you can really.
    Hey Frozen I'm going to PM you with my battle tag. Prof warrior in a raid struggling on heroic Garrosh. Could use tips like the above post in detail. . Thanks in advance!

Sure. It's pretty straightforward honestly but I'll help if I can!

To Frozen - Sorry, my post count is too low to send PM. Can you send me your Battletag or leave it here? Let's keep the Prot Warrior and other tank tips going for this thread! Which trinkets do you all recommend for this? Is Rook's Unlucky Talisman helpful to soak the annihilates or can we sacrifice survivability and use Thok's Tail tip? I am not sure how hard P3 and P4 are on survivability, but I woild love to get away with using Thok's My other trinket is heroic vial of corruption....I pretty much it on all fights.

I didn't find a need for the Rook trinket - just went for Tail Tip + Vial. You can survive Annihilates just fine with regular CD's (you won't need them anywhere else, except for Terrace adds maybe and you can always snag a PS there). The extra damage Tail Tip gives is extremely useful, especially in p3 if you're trying to beat the 2nd whirling.

Must be nice to have a tail tip -_-

Lol only 1 has dropped for us and I'm not gonna take it from a DPS.

deferr09@aol.com You can add me if Frozen didnt get you.

Use Bladestorm if you don't need shockwave for stuns.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2013-12-09 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Must be nice to have a tail tip -_-

Lol only 1 has dropped for us and I'm not gonna take it from a DPS.

deferr09@aol.com You can add me if Frozen didnt get you.

Use Bladestorm if you don't need shockwave for stuns.
    The first rule of tail tip is don't talk about tailtip. QQ

We had like 4 on our first 2 kills? 1 coined 3 dropped, 2 of which were warforged. Also like 3 normal mode versions first 2 weeks.

As Tank go for Disrupting Shout and Shockwave, seeing you can lock out 2 cast of the first intermission by your own then.

We had like 4 on our first 2 kills? 1 coined 3 dropped, 2 of which were warforged. Also like 3 normal mode versions first 2 weeks.
    We have had 1 drop TOTAL and zero coined. We have had 1 eye of galakras drop and 1 coined. Our strength DPS would literally kill me if I took 1. Thats including normal and heroic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    As Tank go for Disrupting Shout and Shockwave, seeing you can lock out 2 cast of the first intermission by your own then.
    Do you really need it for that? Maybe my guild just had enough but we had an AOE stun for each grp and an AOE interupt for each grp to get after the stuns then everyone had an assigned solo if there was a 3rd cast.

If you can get bladestorm it will make the second transitions much easier.

We have had 1 drop TOTAL and zero coined. We have had 1 eye of galakras drop and 1 coined. Our strength DPS would literally kill me if I took 1. Thats including normal and heroic...
    I picked up an evil eye for OS, so did our holy paladin. Helps that we only had 3 plate for progression lol.

Do you really need it for that? Maybe my guild just had enough but we had an AOE stun for each grp and an AOE interupt for each grp to get after the stuns then everyone had an assigned solo if there was a 3rd cast.

If you can get bladestorm it will make the second transitions much easier.
    If you have more then enough stuns/interrupts for first transition surely whatever is a bigger dps increase for phase 2/3/4 single target would be preferred? :>
    I don't know how vengeance scales with that tier of talents but I would asume something does conciderable more damage single target
    And second transition matters fuck all, hell some guilds are just ignoring that one by stacking in a corner where you zone in and wait it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Deleted
    Well, the advantage of bladestorm is that it makes you immune to fear aswell. In the second transition you can pick up all of the adds, take them to the top and have a raid member use a stun and just bladestorm away and you will pretty much solo them with a zerker rage afterwards
    The second advantage is with taking high stacks of the debuff and then using it on the MC's which you will pretty much insta break, having mine ticking for 800k total on the MC's
    The third advantage, albeit minor, is during phase 1 where I am able to basically solo the adds to the required health to get them killed by the iron star, allowing all of the DPS to just single Garrosh and if your DPS are good you are able to get 2 engineers and skip the 3rd desecrate / 3rd war wolf and if you push, the 3rd set of melee adds

For me, bladestorm is the obvious choice for this fight. True its single target DPS isn't amazing but its versatility is certainly not to be overlooked

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well, the advantage of bladestorm is that it makes you immune to fear aswell. In the second transition you can pick up all of the adds, take them to the top and have a raid member use a stun and just bladestorm away and you will pretty much solo them with a zerker rage afterwards
    The second advantage is with taking high stacks of the debuff and then using it on the MC's which you will pretty much insta break, having mine ticking for 800k total on the MC's
    The third advantage, albeit minor, is during phase 1 where I am able to basically solo the adds to the required health to get them killed by the iron star, allowing all of the DPS to just single Garrosh and if your DPS are good you are able to get 2 engineers and skip the 3rd desecrate / 3rd war wolf and if you push, the 3rd set of melee adds

For me, bladestorm is the obvious choice for this fight. True its single target DPS isn't amazing but its versatility is certainly not to be overlooked
    This^

The only time it isnt good is in P4 where the DPS check is nothing. Breaking people out instantly in P3 is very good at the biggest DPS check point of the fight.

I have never seen any guild ignore the second transition on their first kill on any kill videos so I would be curious to see that.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked up an evil eye for OS, so did our holy paladin. Helps that we only had 3 plate for progression lol.
    h8 u meni.

Ah ye I guess, good points. I guess it's what I'm accustomed with, as single target damage was a big focus for us to ease up the fight.
    And I know the other guild that has killed garrosh on our server did it, not sure why as to me it sounds like it just makes the fight harder. But I guess there's a reason somewhere and whatever gets you the kill
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Bladestorm, eh?

I'm a shockwave fan for breaking people out. It's up for every single empowered MC. Also allows me to run out and assist the kiter if an issue pops up. Also, useful for P1 intermission.

To each their own. Obviously all 3 are viable.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV

I've done both and i have to say I kind of prefer shockwave. Bladestorm is really nice for Terrace but Shockwave is pretty good utility - I saved our kiter once this week and the fact that it's up for both MC's in P3 is hard to overlook. That being said, I really like the numbers Bladestorm puts out :P.

I've done both and i have to say I kind of prefer shockwave. Bladestorm is really nice for Terrace but Shockwave is pretty good utility - I saved our kiter once this week and the fact that it's up for both MC's in P3 is hard to overlook. That being said, I really like the numbers Bladestorm puts out :P.

Ok, my group has the first transition down and is now working on Terrace. Frozen and others, care to share good tips for the phase? I am co tanking with a Brewmaster and NOT taking Bladestorm. Charge ahead of the group, try to dodge the swirls,, double charge to move faster, and mocking banner / CDs at the top? We are struggling with picking up all the adds and also surviving the run up to the top. Would either of you be able to share the exact rotation for that phase leading to the top?

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by warbean View Post
    Ok, my group has the first transition down and is now working on Terrace. Frozen and others, care to share good tips for the phase? I am co tanking with a Brewmaster and NOT taking Bladestorm. Charge ahead of the group, try to dodge the swirls,, double charge to move faster, and mocking banner / CDs at the top? We are struggling with picking up all the adds and also surviving the run up to the top. Would either of you be able to share the exact rotation for that phase leading to the top?

Thank you!!
    When you get to the top Shield Wall and Taunt Banner. Get them gripped onto you and they need to be killed before the stuns wear off. This is where Bladestorm is so strong. You would Reck/Bladestorm on them. It does a ton of damage and you can't be feared.

Tell your DPS not to touch them until they get gripped.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2013-12-14 at 05:35 AM.