Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I've said my peace and think assholes should get the boot in certain circumstances, or at least have their chat muted for 2 hours like a time out. With that, I am out. You all enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, I've said my peace and think assholes should get the boot in certain circumstances, or at least have their chat muted for 2 hours like a time out. With that, I am out. You all enjoy.
    I don't have to be nice. I just need to not real te ToS. You have yet to define "asshole behavior" as anything other than criticism. You have been a hypocrit since the start, claiming to be ironic, and have not formulated a single argument as to what these players do that deserves punishment compared to those who get them started in the first place.

So when I used the 69k/70k example, I was already above scrub status which mean you personally would not yell. But some other person was going ballistic because people were not hitting 125K. People keep missing that I am not talking about people simply getting called out on Scrub DPS. I am talking about people getting balled out completely for no reason other than the LFR General has a little temper.
    What I said ONLY applies to what I think. Others have different scales on which they will or will not consider scrub status.

You have every right to flame the people flaming you, vote kick the people flaming you, or just ignore the people flaming you. Sounds like you just want to censor people that disagree with you or hurt your precious feelings...

Use the report button if all you're worried about is homophobic, racist, sexist, and death treats in chat. Blizzard will ban/suspend their account. They take all those things very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If you have 530 or higher gear and aren't doing like 125k you are doing badly.
    If you have lfr weapons, you should be pulling above 125k at around 520~. Hell I am a LFR hero and pull around 170k dps at 528 ilvl on tank n spank fights like Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are right, we don't pay your $15 a month, but you also don't pay the rest of the raid's $360 a month. By accepting a queue, you are agreeing to work with the rest of the team to the objective of the dungeon. If you deliberately impede the other 24 people because you want to play "your way", then you are agreeing to something you don't want to deliver.

Underskill but trying hard = not a problem.
    Underskill / lazy / don't care / "YOU DON'T PAY MY $15 A MONTH" = worse than any elitist.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It isn't the fact they don't own the game. Elitists never should of. You can not play very much and have a bad attitude like an elitist. Do not fool yourself that hardcore players are always elitists. Because that is wrong. Ignoring them doesn't always work. Especially when we do things in raids. It's a bad excuse.
    Elitism is not bad. You are attaching a bad connotation to elitists that have over the years gotten so beat down by the overwhelming majority of non-elitists that they feel the need to lash out on occasion. Elitism is a good thing and an active part of ANY form of competition. Elitism is derived from becoming a member of some form of Elite group or activity. You do so by meeting the standards of that group which are normally so much higher than ordinary members of that sport or activity that you seem to speak a different language or come from another planet. Without Elitists there would never be any form of improvement in ANY field. Elitists are the ones who are never satisfied with being second best and always try to push the envelope. All the negative statements attached to Elitists are just sour grapes by people who cannot reach their level in any meaningful way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Haha. I like you. Ignore the problem with elitists, because they are "carrying your shitty team." Remember kids, if your boss is yelling at you, embarrassing you in public, and throwing knives at you, it's perfectly legal, because they are paying you minimum wage.

You sir, win the internets.
    You exaggerate. If you are doing a sub par job at your place of employment it IS perfectly within the rights of the management to do all of the above except throw knives at you.

Either accept that at your minimum wage job or IMPROVE yourself until you are the one with the leeway to set the standards.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a raider and am not in competition with anyone, including myself. I farm, play the AH, level profs, level alts, do pet battles, craft stuff, just about anything I like. I love the Timeless Isle. It is a loot pinata. I can finally get some better than crafted gear without having to grind through dailies. Not that I use the gear for anything more than running Heroic 5 mans to help guildies, or help earn gold for the guild by doing guild runs, but it is my prerogative how to spend time in the game and I am glad there is some easy gear out there to obtain. That was my main point on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you tell me... what is Good dps and what is scrub dps? I'm not one for being kited in conversations.
    Why do you even need a guild if you are not raiding? Why do you need the resources available to you by being a member of that guild? What is it's purpose other than a pretend hang out spot?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I await your proof that I'm only backing the OP up because I'm bad and got called out. Your post isn't clever and it lacks proof for your claims. How about posting something that can be considered constructive?

My turn:
    Your only posting here because the OP hurt your feelings and now you're very upset about it, so you're trying to be witty to get back at him. Nothing to see here.

That's an equally moronic thing to say, but according to you, it's valid.
    Herd mentality. The weak need to stick together to survive.

I don't see how OP could hurt my feelings though. I knew I was great at the game when I played and my skill proved it, and I often called people out for being terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Herd mentality. The weak need to stick together to survive.
    You assume I'm weak? I pull good DPS. Seeing someone in my group throw a fit over a dps not pulling their weight is just flat out annoying, hence why I don't want scumbags like that in my group. Your only "proof" is a stale generalization that only bad players hate scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I don't see how OP could hurt my feelings though. I knew I was great at the game when I played and my skill proved it, and I often called people out for being terrible.
    It wasn't a serious accusation that I was making. I just made an equally dumb statement based off of no evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Why do you even need a guild if you are not raiding? Why do you need the resources available to you by being a member of that guild? What is it's purpose other than a pretend hang out spot?
    I enjoy good conversation, and helping others. And, as you mentioned, it is also fun to hang out. You are welcome to ask anyone in my guild who contributes the most to the bank and is always helping with guild achieves while helping level it to 25. I am confident I will be among the names of top contributors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    How 'bout no.

LFR does nothing but let you know that you can suck and still get epix. This needs to be remedied.
    Timeless Isle is proof that I suck and can get better epics than LFR.

Step #1: Grow some thicker skin and maybe spend 10 minutes learning how to play instead of 10 minutes whining on forums

Step #2: Research your class and fight mechanics before join a raid with 24 other people. Elitists (aka the people carrying you through the raid) aren't there to hold your hand and most of these "elitists" wouldn't say anything if people:
    a) didn't do stupid shit
    b) pulled their weight
    c) spend 20 minutes researching a fight / class and / or a wing of LFR (or whatever) before queuing and causing the raid to wipe for 4 hours

Step #3: See step #1

Casual is not an excuse for being stupid. I raid 2 nights, 3 hours each night for a total of 6 hours a week working my way through heroic content.

All of this political correctness is whats wrong with LFR. Take a hint, if someone says you're bad ... you're probably bad; and instead of whining and crying and having a tantrum on the forums crying foul, you should go learn how to play and how fights work.

Oh, and before the "I have a real life and I cant dedicate my time like you do to world of warcraft" excuse comes into play, I call bullshit; if you can spend 4 hours in a single, 4 wing boss of lfr wiping repeatedly - you can spend 20 minutes doing some research, watching some videos, and hitting a dummy to work out your rotation / priority so you don't look like a tool in a raid.

Follow those steps and I guarantee you'll see less and less people complaining about anything during a raid - you might even see some of those social aspects of the game come back when things go smoothly because people wont be complaining.
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2013-12-09 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Step #1: Grow some thicker skin and maybe spend 10 minutes learning how to play instead of 10 minutes whining on forums

Step #2: Research your class and fight mechanics before join a raid with 24 other people. Elitists (aka the people carrying you through the raid) aren't there to hold your hand and most of these "elitists" wouldn't say anything if people:
    a) didn't do stupid shit
    b) pulled their weight
    c) spend 20 minutes researching a fight / class and / or a wing of LFR (or whatever) before queuing and causing the raid to wipe for 4 hours

All of this political correctness is whats wrong with LFR. Take a hint, if someone says you're bad ... you're probably bad; and instead of whining and crying and having a tantrum on the forums crying foul, you should go learn how to play and how fights work.

Oh, and before the "I have a real life and I cant dedicate my time like you do to world of warcraft" excuse comes into play, I call bullshit; if you can spend 4 hours in a single, 4 wing boss of lfr wiping repeatedly - you can spend 20 minutes doing some research, watching some videos, and hitting a dummy to work out your rotation / priority so you don't look like a tool in a raid.
    "Assumption is the mother of all fuckups." - Under Siege 2

1. It only happened to me in a BG. It happened to a guildie in LFR. Assholes are toxic and don't know how to tell someone they suck in a constructive manner.

2. I know my class. I have for 7 years. Between all the sites, the addons, and the forums, I often know more than I want to. I admit I miss my shockadin with a 3 button rotation

3. Learn how to respond to people. See your comment #1 for clarification.

"Assumption is the mother of all fuckups." - Under Siege 2

1. It only happened to me in a BG. It happened to a guildie in LFR. Assholes are toxic and don't know how to tell someone they suck in a constructive manner.

2. I know my class. I have for 7 years. Between all the sites, the addons, and the forums, I often know more than I want to. I admit I miss my shockadin with a 3 button rotation

You're still missing the point that those who suck are the ones who are the source of anger in groups. Stop sucking problem solved. Simple as that. Saying that others need to respond in a different matter Ishtar trying to shift the blame. It shouldn't matter how they respond because you shouldn't be fucking up like that.

I've been playing since vanilla - how long should I reply nicely to people before I'm so tired of explaining something to every random person in every random dungeon / raid / bg that my attitude becomes "toxic"?

Also, why is it my responsibility to tell these people what to do and how to do it? There's zero sense of responsibility ... in game and out.

My original, edited (added more) post since people probably wont go back a page to see it:

a) didn't do stupid shit
    b) pulled their weight

Casual is not an excuse for being stupid. I raid 2 nights, 3 hours each night for a total of 6 hours a week working my way through heroic content.

Follow those steps and I guarantee you'll see less and less people complaining about anything during a raid - you might even see some of those social aspects of the game come back when things go smoothly because people wont be complaining.
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2013-12-09 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're still missing the point that those who suck are the ones who are the source of anger in groups. Stop sucking problem solved. Simple as that. Saying that others need to respond in a different matter Ishtar trying to shift the blame. It shouldn't matter how they respond because you shouldn't be fucking up like that.
    Everyone will make mistakes. When someone makes a mistake do you say, "Stop fucking up and learn your rotation." or do you say, "Jesus christ you fucking scrub, uninstall and kill yourself." How you respond to people is the issue. If they are deliberately wiping, or being lazy, or afk, or being a douche themselves, then kick and move on. I am not asking, nor have I ever asked, anyone to be handheld. I simply said, we need fewer assholes in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been playing since vanilla - how long should I reply nicely to people before I'm so tired of explaining something to every random person in every random dungeon / raid / bg that my attitude becomes "toxic"?
    Once. Be decent the first time. If they fail to change or improve, then kick them. All I am saying is, unbridled anger should not be the INITIAL response.

I am not asking, nor have I ever asked, anyone to be handheld. I simply said, we need fewer assholes in LFR.
    Assholes will go away as soon as people stop requiring hand holding and start being self sufficient.

Once. Be decent the first time. If they fail to change or improve, then kick them. All I am saying is, unbridled anger should not be the INITIAL response.
    I have no patience for that anymore, and I'm sure many others don't as well. As I said before, assholes, angry people, yada yada ... they'll all go away when people can queue for lfr and not be completely retarded (yes, I understand shit happens and that's not the retarded I'm referring to)

Assholes will go away as soon as people stop requiring hand holding and start being self sufficient.

I have no patience for that anymore, and I'm sure many others don't as well. As I said before, assholes, angry people, yada yada ... they'll all go away when people can queue for lfr and not be completely retarded (yes, I understand shit happens and that's not the retarded I'm referring to)
    False,

Assholes will remain in this game until the day it dies. It is the LAW of the internet (and live in general).

Having played this game for so long I have to sometimes hold back my inner rage when I see the same mistakes are made day in day out in LFR. As long as people are not causing the rest of the group major problems (like a DPS taunting the boss die get rez'd do the same again thus wasting a battle res we could have used on someone who would actually do something with it) then I let a lot of things slide (lowish dps for example I can handle so long as the boss dies and the DPS numbers are not stupidly low).

I will however try not to speak to people in game etc like complete trash. That right is reserved for my brother ;D long may the floor boss continue to wipe him!

Everyone will make mistakes. When someone makes a mistake do you say, "Stop fucking up and learn your rotation." or do you say, "Jesus christ you fucking scrub, uninstall and kill yourself." How you respond to people is the issue. If they are deliberately wiping, or being lazy, or afk, or being a douche themselves, then kick and move on. I am not asking, nor have I ever asked, anyone to be handheld. I simply said, we need fewer assholes in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Raging isn't the first response. It's the response when you have the 500th WSG group who cannot work as a team, when you see the 700th person die to avoidable damage.

It doesn't matter how you respond because its impossible to kick shitters. Anything seen as certifying another person's performance is "elitist" just as how in the past judging a persons talents was elitist. There is no way to kick a third of an LFR group because the moment you say anything you are buried in insults. Stop it with the "holier than you" stance you know that if I went into a group and said "kick the shit Mage can't dps at all" I would be called an elitist prick regardless of how bad the Mage is doing. Doesn't matter how you say it, the mouth-breathing community interpretes criticism the same way, so people get fed up and get angry.

Also, to die in LFR it takes multiple fuckups. More space for error means you need to be worse to fail, so by the time somebody managed to die it means they are doing something very wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    False,

Assholes will remain in this game until the day it dies. It is the LAW of the internet (and live in general).

Having played this game for so long I have to sometimes hold back my inner rage when I see the same mistakes are made day in day out in LFR. As long as people are not causing the rest of the group major problems (like a DPS taunting the boss die get rez'd do the same again thus wasting a battle res we could have used on someone who would actually do something with it) then I let a lot of things slide (lowish dps for example I can handle so long as the boss dies and the DPS numbers are not stupidly low).

I will however try not to speak to people in game etc like complete trash. That right is reserved for my brother ;D long may the floor boss continue to wipe him!
    You know exactly what he means. People won't get mad if there isn't anything to get mad about. Nobody can rage about damage if everybody is doing good damage. Griefers will remain, yes, but people will not end up in arguments when there is nothing to complain about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's no wonder you took it personally. It would seem you are precisely the anger management candidate to which I am referring.

Raging isn't the first response. It's the response when you have the 500th WSG group who cannot work as a team, when you see the 700th person die to avoidable damage.

It doesn't matter how you respond because its impossible to kick shitters. Anything seen as certifying another person's performance is "elitist" just as how in the past judging a persons talents was elitist. There is no way to kick a third of an LFR group because the moment you say anything you are buried in insults. Stop it with the "holier than you" stance you know that if I went into a group and said "kick the shit Mage can't dps at all" I would be called an elitist prick regardless of how bad the Mage is doing. Doesn't matter how you say it, the mouth-breathing community interpretes criticism the same way, so people get fed up and get angry.

Also, to die in LFR it takes multiple fuckups. More space for error means you need to be worse to fail, so by the time somebody managed to die it means they are doing something very wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You know exactly what he means. People won't get mad if there isn't anything to get mad about. Nobody can rage about damage if everybody is doing good damage. Griefers will remain, yes, but people will not end up in arguments when there is nothing to complain about.
    I do know thats why I said it is false.

Someone somewhere will find something to rage at. This is the internet. I had a smooth run on Saturday and I still got raged at as someone did not like the fact I had just got my legendary cloak. I shit you not. (some random in LFR said I was a shit cunt and didnt deserve the cloak as he had worked "harder" for his cloak)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I had a smooth run on Saturday and I still got raged at as someone did not like the fact I had just got my legendary cloak. I shit you not. (some random in LFR said I was a shit cunt and didnt deserve the cloak as he had worked "harder" for his cloak)
    THAT person is a big part of the issue. Asshole elitists who think they are entitled. Could not just be happy for you like most people would be, or even a little jealous. I can't believe the level of jerk some people stoop to.