Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearom View Post
    No absolutely not, but the point is that when every woman is considered to be in her position because she sucked a whole lot of dick to get there, that is sexism. Obviously this still happens on a daily basis, look in this thread for gods sakes!

Suicide rates, consumer spending, none of these directly relate to sexism at all. Correlation does not imply causation.

P.S. I'm male.
    Umm I don't think when a woman is in said position they sucked a lot of dick. I never think that. I just think they got there because they got there like anyone else. It's just stupid little sexist shit that bugs the crap out of me. While I am SURE there are some girls who will use their sexual wiles to get what they want but I doubt it's often.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Now I'm not putting her down but things like this severely bother me...

Just to clarify that's me who commented, tell me if I'm wrong, I don't mind.
    You don't think what you responded with was offensive at all? Sure, a lot of your points are accurate, but you could try a little more diplomacy or less confrontation. If you don't like what a person puts on Facebook, ignore them. On the topic of men vs women labels though, It's far better than it use to be, but progress can always be made. Can really depend on the industry you work in.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    If you think you're being treated unfairly, then stand up and say something. IRL.

Most men talk big on the internet, but when it comes to saying something when it counts, a lot of them chicken out because they still want that approval from women.

I do stand up and speak out about it IRL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    The justice system is definitely biased towards women. Who gets custody of the kids with the exception of extreme circumstances?
    In the extreme circumstance of men asking for custody, men receives either full or joint custody in 80% of cases.

But no, since most men don't ask for custody, most men don't get primary custody, so clearly the justice system is biased in not giving custody to men who don't ask for it.

Yep, that's exactly what the video was representing - women getting more than men. You are totally keen on equality.

</sarcasm>

My reply was about hardline feminists in general, i'm all for equality all should be treated the same.

Hardline feminists want women to get more than males.

They do not want equality, did you even read the OPs comment in his post?

The justice system is definitely biased towards women. Who gets custody of the kids with the exception of extreme circumstances? Who's more likely to get convicted when accused of rape? Hell, who gets taken more seriously when they come forward about being raped? Some food for thought.
    So you're saying. If a guy comes forward and says "I got raped" it isn't taken seriously... okay.

The general reason for all of your points is that in most cases the guy is an absolute piece of shit. In the majority of cases that is (let's not start to generalize the men, that would be sexist...).

The justice system is definitely biased towards women. Who gets custody of the kids with the exception of extreme circumstances? Who's more likely to get convicted when accused of rape? Hell, who gets taken more seriously when they come forward about being raped? Some food for thought.
    Women being more likely to get custody of the kids is as a direct result of gender roles which stereotype women as being childcarers though. feminists actually criticise that would you believe! someone complaining aout feminism and the bias in custody outcomes is basically complaining that they don't get to have their cake and eat it too 100% of the time. If you want to fix that issue you're going to have to make common cause with feminists in addressing inequalities caused by fixed gender roles and associated sterotyping.

Beyond which women are more likely to get custody of the kids because men are less likely to contest custody in the first place. Here at least (Australia) where men have chosen to contest custody they are equally being awarded custody, but overall more women get custody because men simply don't contest it.

As far as rape convictions go 97% (approximately - obviously this will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) of actual rapists are *never* convicted, and approximately 2.7% of rape complaints are found to be false. While I'm not disputing that miscarriages of justice occur, false reporting of rape is actually lower than false reporting of other crimes, as are incorrect convictions.

In terms of being taken seriously only approximately 20% of rape trials in which women are the victim end in convictions, that's hardly evidence that they're being taken particularly seriously. that doesn't mean there's not an issue with how seriously male rape complaints are taken, but male complaints not being taken seriously doesn't cancel out the fact that women's complaints aren't either. Why it's considered a womens issue by feminists is because 1 in 5 women is raped during their lifetime, whereas substantially lower numbers of men overall experience rape.

I also notice you've forgotten to mention that males who murder heir partners receive sentences that are on average a third the length of females who murder their partners, and criminal defences such as provocation that are based entirely on a specifically masculine behaviour patterns making them virtually inaccessible by the majority of women.

If that's the best evidence you can come up with of the legal system favoring women you'll nee to try harder.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-12-11 at 02:43 AM.

Deleted
    No absolutely not, but the point is that when every woman is considered to be in her position because she sucked a whole lot of dick to get there, that is sexism. Obviously this still happens on a daily basis, look in this thread for gods sakes!

Suicide rates, consumer spending, none of these directly relate to sexism at all. Correlation does not imply causation.

P.S. I'm male.
    I know thats the default assumption just made a better narration.

If we take sexual competition out of it in the case of monks....almost all gender difference vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa of Carthage View Post
    Maybe they possess the ability to realise that "on earth ever" is a bigger place and longer time period than "Gheld's personal perspective from the last year". It happens all the goddamn time. Women are called selfish for "neglecting" their husbands and children for "selfish" causes like work and career. Many young women from many different cultures faces this pressure. How to deal with expectatons conflicting with career aspirations is a topic that comes up in every single of my uni's Women in Engineering field trip I've been on. And yeah, the nice white ladies we generally visit tells us the easy solution is to "stop caring and hire somebody".

It doesn't happen where you are? Great! Now stop pretending the rest of the world with all its different cultures and social norms doesn't exist.

Your post is a pile fucking stupid garbage that smacks of absurd egostical eurocentrism.
    There's no point in arguing with people like you. You're obviously racist, sexist, and hypocritical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And when the fuck has any human being on earth ever looked at a coworker sacrificing their own personal time after hours at work and thought of that person as selfish?
    You don't see it?

"She's not home being a wife and mother with the husband and children who need her there, she's being selfish." That's kind of the gist of it.

Deleted
    There's no point in arguing with people like you. You're obviously racist, sexist, and hypocritical.
    Says the person who hypocritically deny sexism happens to people outside his bubble, purely on account of his own extremely limited experience. Go ahead and live in your eurocentric fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    You don't see it?

"She's not home being a wife and mother with the husband and children who need her there, she's being selfish." That's kind of the gist of it.
    I've still never heard anybody say anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? That's kind of been an attitude that's been around a long time. 'Course, I suppose any of this stuff might have some variation between nations.

Deleted
    Other woman do behind some backs from what i heard. Gender intern insults not the fault of patriarchy.

Same for slutshaming if you can't beat her fair claim she has stds lol learned that from a 16 year old girl xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Women being more likely to get custody of the kids is as a direct result of gender roles which stereotype women as being childcarers though.
    Actually no, it's a direct result of women being the ones to ask for custody, which in turn is the result of gender roles as you mentioned. There is no bias on the part of the court to give custody to women due to those stereotypes. Judges are more likely to consider women unfit due to that stereotpye ('if you were a good mother why would the father ask for custody?')

You don't see it?

I've never heard that mentality before. I've heard people refer to a women like that as a "career woman", independent or masculine even. But never selfish

Really? That's kind of been an attitude that's been around a long time. 'Course, I suppose any of this stuff might have some variation between nations.
    Could be a socioeconomic thing.

I had a very working class upbringing. and the working class tends to favor strong working women.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Now I'm not putting her down but things like this severely bother me...

Just to clarify that's me who commented, tell me if I'm wrong, I don't mind.
    Just to be clear...telling someone that they "need to be set straight on this one" doesn't lend you an aura of authority. It makes you look desperate to show you think you know what you're talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As far as rape convictions go 97% (approximately - obviously this will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction) of actual rapists are *never* convicted
    That's a staggering claim, what evidence do you make that assertion upon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never heard it either. I mean I've heard it retorted in Feminist debates but never in the world have I heard a man say that. I guess it varies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi