Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Why shouldn't you be able to use your Ashes of Alar (I also was very happy when if finally dropped for me) where there are no levels anymore?
    Have you lived under a rock since Blizzcon? They're banning flight from all current content in the entire expansion. Ashes has no feet, erego, neither does it have ground animation. So as such, it's unusable at max level for the entire expansion.

Unless I go back to old stuff. Which will be once in a blue moon.

No thanks. I can at least tolerate no flight while leveling. No flight at max level? At least let me level as an excuse to try and forget about that aspect of this increasingly terrible expansion.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The entire RPG genre must be outdated by your logic;

They keep adding in new ways to gain exp - with the most recent being pet battles.

Everything you do while leveling you also do at max level.
    Why are you complaining? Because you're not max level on your alt or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    So as such, it's unusable at max level for the entire expansion.
    This isn't what's happening. Post 6.1, flying will be exactly as it is in MoP now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

They keep adding in new ways to gain exp - with the most recent being pet battles.
    This is how I am leveling my Shaman since I am so bored with questing and grinding dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    No. Single-player games are designed around, or with conscious accounting for, the character leveling system (WoW is not, at least not in the same sense), and don't generally change on a fundamental level when cap is obtained (WoW does).

WoW is designed around cap gameplay, glorifies cap gameplay, devalues leveling gameplay, and features a resultant stark contrast (a dichotomy) of gameplays. Players spend a couple days/weeks leveling, and years at level cap.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Deleted
    Leveling is what gets me addicted to the game when i'm burnt out. I like it and it should stay as is. It's already been made easy enough.

I enjoy levelling. I wouldn't mind seeing different ways to go about doing it, but I'd be sad to see it go away or even become skippable beyond what they're doing for WoD.

I strongly believe that abilities and spells should level and not the player, as well has have separate talent trees for spells rather than characters, it would open up a lot more play styles and builds, and your role would change depending on what spells you level up and strengthen.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So if new players explore the world, get used to the game, and enjoy their character then what is stopping them from experiencing the old content as they do that?
    Gamers are lazy, unless you give people a reason to do stuff they'll tend to ignore it (See: how nobody runs older tiers now as new ones come out) even if it's potentially fun