What type of Healers do I want for SoO 10?

So my guilds raid healers consisted of Holy Paladin/Disc Priest and a Resto Shaman.

However.. the resto shaman has not been on in over 2 weeks and I have tried contacting him but nothing..

Now I'm currently trying to recruit another healer but all I get are Disc Priests and Holy Paladins.. and it's getting pretty annoying.

So I'm wondering.. would a SoO Normal group be able to down Garrosh with 2 Holy Paladins and a Disc Priest?

If not what are some suggested combos for healers?

Here is our total raid combo.

DPS - Frost Mage, Frost DK, Fury Warrior, Survival Hunter, Destro Warlock
    Tanks - Prot Paladin and Feral Tank
    Heals - Holy Paladin & Disc Priest and whatever we can pug..

Normal mode it doesn't matter with your current set up. In fact you should probably 2 heal most fights anyways. If you can't, then either your healers are undergeared or bad.

Pick based on gear. You have a priest and a paladin. You have no intellect mail users or intellect leather, and 3 intellect cloth. So, a shaman, monk, or druid would be best for gear. For tier tokens just apply the same.

You should be looking for a moonkin, an ele shaman or a shadow priest with an healing off-spec.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any combination of healers will work for garrosh normal, I'd recommend 2 healing it though as there isn't a lot of sustained damage going out and the more damage you have the easier the fight will be.

But do what Noryega suggested, get a hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 heal all the fights and get a ele. shaman/boomy to help out on tight spots, both have very good CDs.

TBH only thing which will be bit annoying is to gear your hpalas/priests if you have several of those, but outside of that, just take what you can get if you truly plan on 3 healing.

We have killed 3 heroic bosses and all normal bosses with either 2x rdruid, rshaman+rdruid, mw+rshaman or mw+rdruid. As long as your healers are good and know what they are doing doesn't matter what you are running (not until later heroic bosses at least) with.

The ones that keep you alive.

Disc + Rdruid or Disc + Rsham probaly the strongest 2 healer teams at the moment. Both druid and shaman bring very viable dps offspecs. The trick is finding a player that can play both at the level the rest of your raiders are at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Normal mode it doesn't matter with your current set up. In fact you should probably 2 heal most fights anyways. If you can't, then either your healers are undergeared or bad.

Pick based on gear. You have a priest and a paladin. You have no intellect mail users or intellect leather, and 3 intellect cloth. So, a shaman, monk, or druid would be best for gear. For tier tokens just apply the same.
    Sometimes it may be the tanks being undergeared aswell, or just way too many people failing mechanics.

Disc Priest with Holy Offspec and anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    In fact you should probably 2 heal most fights anyways. If you can't, then either your healers are undergeared or bad.
    most common misconception actually. Playing a healer myself in raiding environment for years.

If you are able to 2heal a fight, good..

If not, people tend to look at the healers. In many many cases thats really wrong, the fix is usually in hybrids adding heal at right time togehter with DPS actually using defensive CDs.

my answer to OP will be, dont care which classes you have as healers in normal mode, aslong as the group is proper and got knowledge of basic mechanics and their own class defenses. 3healing is just overkill and *maybe* only needed on thok progress

Normal SoO is more often 2 healed than 3 healed, and any combination of 2 healers will be able to do it, they just have to know their own class and work well with each other. As for 3 heals 2 h pallies is okay, just don't do 2 disc priests. A mistweaver monk would be nice, especially for fights that require a lot of mobility, but you already have a lot of melee dps so a WW offspec might be tough. Another option is resto druid with moonkin offspec or resto shaman with ele offspec.

first off for garrosh you should be 2 healing it, ur making the fight much harder by having a 3rd healer ( and even harder by having a 3rd healer whos a pug)
    if u really wanna go 3 heals, 2 pally 1 disc is gonna suck. 1 pally 2 priest wud be better. if u can get a druid it really trivializes some mechanics too ( iron star for example)