Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Absolutely false, it has the exact same uptime as AoC, TED, Haromm's, and Sigil of Rampage. More frequent but shorter procs are better for TEB, but it certainly does not have more uptime.
    Most of my logs average 5%-10% higher up time on my RPPM trinkets over AoC when I was testing that very concept. From every bit of looking into it Ive seen a higher up time as an average. There are some fights where I have slightly lower to much higher, but those are on shorter fights. Longer fights certainly have much more similar uptimes on AoC and Haromms/TeB. The point remains that RPPM trinkets are better by nature. The case in question is that Renatakis is still a strong trinket, and certainly in the running if you have a 549 version and dont have heroic Haromm's/TeB/Thoks
    Last edited by Arathirius; 2013-12-06 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    If you don't have Siegecrafter down that means you can't have killed Thok more than 3 or 4 times max, and you sure as hell shouldn't be taking that trinket over any Strength user when it's by far the best trinket for all 3 of them (except CDR for some). Normal Thok's also isn't very good. You can say it's "pretty nice" but the fact of the matter is that the passive has to be a lot better than anything else's passive to outweigh missing an Agility proc. It just doesn't hold up to other trinkets unless you're sitting at over 55% crit all the time and can get at least a heroic one. Add in the fact that you can't possibly roll for Thok's and there's no reason why you should be actively looking for it.

Not sure why you'd mention AoC and not TED though, anyone using a normal AoC is obviously extremely unlucky with trinkets.
    We have had 2 to 3 of those trinkets drop almost every week... TED on normal has dropped twice for us and went to a i believe a Feral. AoC and Harrom's are they only other trinkets to drop. My point was to take Thok's over AoC.. We have 4 Str dps in our raid so those trinkets go by by and right now it's easy to sit at 55% crit if your in the high 560's ilvl. I was not arguing that Thok is better then TED but it IS better then AoC.

Opinions - H WF Hood of Blackened Tears vs 2 set? Gloves and helm are the only 2 set pieces I have.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Opinions - H WF Hood of Blackened Tears vs 2 set? Gloves and helm are the only 2 set pieces I have.
    Are you talking Heroic tier helm? If Yes, then 2 set, if normal then the HWF helm
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Yeah norm tier helm vs H WF

Thanks

Currently 2p is what we are aiming to get. Current thought is H WF Immersius helm, Norushen chest/gloves with tier shoulders and legs. That is what Im seeing highest sims at. One thing to consider here though is how improbable this is for most people due to the tier pieces needed dropping from Blackfuse and Paragons.

For progression's sake the pieces I sim the best with are tier chest/gloves, and off piece Immersius helm, Nazgrim shoulders, and Shammans legs.

Also if you have access to a heroic Thoks it is def worth taking. It is competitive with a TeD even at lower gear, and when youre nearing full heroic/heroic wf its a clear winner over TeD.

Deleted
    Bet to about two months in a monk WW, while currently think I have a positive gear (560ilvl) I think I still give little dps, about 200/220k on single target. After reading this post I got some doubts. Why not consider the Softfoot's Last Resort for dps? Another question, though gear me by AskMrRobot not think it is the best and I think something flaw in my character, here I leave the armory to me can suggest something. The level of spin I try to follow what I read by IcyVeins but I think that with time I'll get used to it better.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Panded/simple

greetings

Quote Originally Posted by panded View Post
    Bet to about two months in a monk WW, while currently think I have a positive gear (560ilvl) I think I still give little dps, about 200/220k on single target. After reading this post I got some doubts. Why not consider the Softfoot's Last Resort for dps? Another question, though gear me by AskMrRobot not think it is the best and I think something flaw in my character, here I leave the armory to me can suggest something. The level of spin I try to follow what I read by IcyVeins but I think that with time I'll get used to it better.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Panded/simple

greetings
    the problem is that Softfoot's Last Resort is a great entry to getting a Heroic weapon but with Hit/Crit it's not exceptional. You will have no problem getting Hit capped after 550ilvl what with reforging, getting manual hit that you can't get rid of no matter what is a huge problem. The best case scenario for us is getting two seismic bores as they are correctly itemized (haste, crit) with no fluff and still including a red socket. Another option is the BoA from Garrosh however I think it has mastery but does have two red slots.

i should mention that when you're first starting out you will have serious problems with hit cap. between the belt from dark shamans, the boots from fallen protectors, the weapon from fallen protectors, and not to mention the norushen ring chest and gloves, you may find yourself high above what you would feel comfortable with. i wouldn't panic too much about it since anything between 7.5~27 hit chance is not a dps loss yet but remember hit isn't even comparable to haste/crit or even mastery. you should aim for the perfect itemization of haste (10-12k or so) and then as much crit as possible. avoid mastery at all costs unless it's a huge upgrade or part of your tier and you don't have a lot of options.

there's a huge headache right now what with H WF and H Tier and H Offpiece and N Tier, but look around and you'll find some more information: http://totaltt.net/2013/12/18/handy-...r-windwalkers/
    is a good guide on helping you out on what to grab
    Last edited by jazzyy; 2013-12-25 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    jazzyy

Thank in advance for the elaborate reply and the link. finally i understand and someone explain me why I should avoid items with Hit, the belt was craft with leatherwork, these items will be the hit at all because of low dps? Why criticize me several times due to 200k dps or so, which becomes boring.

Abraço (hug)

Items with hit have nothing wrong with them, it's just that past the cap the stat is utterly useless (ok for DW there is still a small utility...) compared to having extra crit/mastery/haste that are never useless even if it's your least favorite stat.

jazzyy

Thank in advance for the elaborate reply and the link. finally i understand and someone explain me why I should avoid items with Hit, the belt was craft with leatherwork, these items will be the hit at all because of low dps? Why criticize me several times due to 200k dps or so, which becomes boring.

Abraço (hug)
    It is fine to use items with hit but once you get 2550 Hit rating, Hit is no longer useful to you. Try to get a lot of Haste up to 10,000 ~ 12,000 while using Chi Brew and then get Critical Rating. Reforge out of stuff like mastery and never gem for it.

The weapons you want to use your Warforged Seals on (if you want weapons) is Iron Juggernaut, as he drops the best 1 hands this tier for us. (Crit Haste with Red gem slot)

Deleted
    after a reforge, I was 10740haste but to increase much more will lose crit, do not know to what extent should come down from 45% (without buff)

what valor for mastery?

already did update the armory
    Last edited by mmoc9307dfe662; 2013-12-25 at 05:27 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    after a reforge, I was 10740haste but to increase much more will lose crit, do not know to what extent should come down from 45% (without buff)

what valor for mastery?

already did update the armory
    get to the desired haste spot before worrying about crit.

Valor for mastery?

If you mean value, then its at the bottom, well after Haste and crit, have a little as possible.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Hey, Been reading this thread and i was unaware about the whole haste cap increase when using chi brew. (i always did think that my regen was a bit low!) I dropped a load of crit to get up to 11965 haste and from that point i've begun to now stack crit. But my damage feels like its dropped a bit with this much haste? I am using AOC (561) and from what i read on this thread its not as amazing as it seems to most people. Wondering if what i have in my bank is any better? Thunderforged bad juju and a 530 rennataki. I am trying to get my hands on the ebon detonator but no luck yet. My Armoury link is : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Auldrin/simple

Any input to what would be better in terms or gemming, trinkets would be appreciated as i'm a bit stumped by this haste cap and dropping so much crit :/. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Auldrin View Post
    Hey, Been reading this thread and i was unaware about the whole haste cap increase when using chi brew. (i always did think that my regen was a bit low!) I dropped a load of crit to get up to 11965 haste and from that point i've begun to now stack crit. But my damage feels like its dropped a bit with this much haste? I am using AOC (561) and from what i read on this thread its not as amazing as it seems to most people. Wondering if what i have in my bank is any better? Thunderforged bad juju and a 530 rennataki. I am trying to get my hands on the ebon detonator but no luck yet. My Armoury link is : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Auldrin/simple

Any input to what would be better in terms or gemming, trinkets would be appreciated as i'm a bit stumped by this haste cap and dropping so much crit :/. Thanks!
    AoC will be better than the trinkets you have in your bank, but do try to replace it as soon as you can. You can stand to lose a bit of haste since you have AoC, I suggest sitting at 9k-10k until you get TED.

As far as gems go, try to use only gems with Agi on them: Agi/Haste, Agi/Hit, Agi