Poll: Give Rogues This Option

Thread: Weapons On Back

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapons On Back

Rogues have been asking for this for, well since the beginning of the game. Now that it was given to Monks, should rogues get it as well? With some glyph or default how do you feel?

The weapons on back should be determined by the weapon. Big weapons e.g. long swords should go on the back however daggers and smaller swords should be by the side.
    Last edited by diminished; 2013-12-11 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by diminished View Post
    The weapons on back should be determined by the weapon. Big weapons e.g. long swords should go on the back however daggers and smaller swords should be by the side.
    No thanks. If Monks can have any weapon on the back then everyone else should get the option to as well, I'm combat on my rogue with 2x Slayer of Lifeless only because of this and I will never ever wear anything that doesn't sheathe on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No thanks. If Monks can have any weapon on the back then everyone else should get the option to as well, I'm combat on my rogue with 2x Slayer of Lifeless only because of this and I will never ever wear anything that doesn't sheathe on my back.
    No thanks. I specifically avoid back sheathed 1h weapons because they look ridiculous (aside from stuff like TF and glaives). Especially those hikkari daggers from the new ZG...

I vote no. Not because of monks, but because back-sheathed weapons clip horribly and as a result, look awful on trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't there already a bunch of weapons that go on your back regardless of your class ? Using 2xQuickening Blade of the Prince on my rogue, looks awesome on my back

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Rogues can do this with certain weapons already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue weaps don't make sense to be worn on the back, would be harder on the draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worse when you have two fists and when 'not equipped' on your hands you look like wearing no weapons :'(

Quote Originally Posted by diminished View Post
    Agree with this. The option to have the weapons on the back is cool and all, but would look ridiculous with something like daggers or such.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No they can't.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    It's worse when you have two fists and when 'not equipped' on your hands you look like wearing no weapons :'(
    Agree also with this. What i find annoying with monks is the fact that they have the weapons constantly on back BUT when you user Jab and then they're istantly back.

The weapons actually appear/disappear from the model.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    Rogues have been asking for this for, well since the beginning of the game. Now that it was given to Monks, should rogues get it as well? With some glyph or default how do you feel?
    It should be a toggable feature. So a glyph or an option (much like the choice to display headpieces and cloaks) would be awesome.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to think about it from a realistic point of view. Rogues need quick access to their weapons - as someone who has trained with said weapons, I can tell you, they are are LOT harder to QUICKLY remove from your back than they are from the hip like they currently are. It's just much easier to do from the sides than it is from the back.

Now, I know from an animation point of view in-game it wouldn't make any damned difference. I also have never once heard about Rogues wanting weapons on their back, and I've been playing since Vanilla lol.

Also, daggers function better when they're sheathed horizontally on your back, waist level. One handle sticking out to the left, and one to the right. This allows optimal movement, minimal chance of snagging yourself, and is more fluid than compared to the side of the hip (and especially the back). This also keeps them out of the way, as clunky pommels and guards on weapons on the side of the hip would hinder movement. Now, I am obviously by no means an expert in everything weapons. But I've been trained and continue to fight/learn how to dual wield such weapons in real life. There's actually a mod in Skyrim that lets you do such a thing, and it was one of the very first 'immersion' mods I installed lol.

Granted, I certainly can't argue against them giving us a glyph to do it. Just so long as they don't make such actions default, I'm perfectly ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait monks have an option to sheathe their weapons on their back?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, I would really like to have my weapons on my back, I think it looks really cool! But! as someone mentioned, only for those weapons that are big, the 1h from Magister's Terrace.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    wait monks have an option to sheathe their weapons on their back?
    No, they sheath all weapons on their back no matter the kind.

Deleted
    I don't really think we need it on our backs. Monks weapons seem to appear and disappear during combat, which just doesn't make sense. I've never understood why they would choose to punch someone when they still have a weapon - a weapon is always an upgrade from a fist no matter how poor it is.

Now what would be cool/unique for rogues, if is we have the option to ice-pick grip or reverse grip some weapons.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icepick_grip

In rift, most female characters did this by default. The character below is not simply holding a weapon that has reverse graphics - it would appear forward on a different character model.
    http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Bladedancer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree with this. The option to have the weapons on the back is cool and all, but would look ridiculous with something like daggers or such.
    They look pretty awesome/hillarious honestly. I have the blackflame daggers off the champions on the timeless isle on my monk and when the cosmetic buff is on my monk has 2 daggers sheathed on it's back and it really does look kinda silly.

Also the Yaungol Fire Starter BoA mace sheaths on the back and is smaller than most daggers out there and looks pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    It should be a toggable feature. So a glyph or an option (much like the choice to display headpieces and cloaks) would be awesome.
    I think this would really be the best option since this feature is 100% cosmetic and up to people whether they like it or they don't or what they think looks cool to them or what they think looks bad. I'm sure if there was the option for any one hander (not including daggers) to be sheathed on the back that a lot of people would choose it but a lot would be fine with having the weapons on the hip like they have it now. Hell I'm sure if monks had the option there'd be a lot of monks who put their weapons on the hip as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    Now what would be cool/unique for rogues, if is we have the option to ice-pick grip or reverse grip some weapons.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icepick_grip
    i would actually love this, so much.