Dream of Cenarius

I don't understand this talent. So, you basically put healing touch into your rotation and cast it right before you go into an eclipse? This seems like a huge hassle why would anyone take that over MotW or NV?

I can only see it being decent for soloing..

No matter how much of a DPS increase it is, min-maxers will take it. Of course if a fight involves very heavy movement or you need your super steroid Tranquility to be used, then take HotW

It was good for multidot and aoe Normals to pad meters etc but for HCs it's a pain in the ass to use.

I think mostly it was used for the "big numbers" hype but it died soon after...

It's the perfect example of trying to use something that will theoretically (and if you do actually get comfortable with it) boost your numbers, especially in certain situations. Ultimately though, this game stopped being about Spine of Deathwing DPS checks and you should really only use what you are most comfortable with. If you want to go through the motions of learning it, nobody should stop you, but it WILL take work.

Personally, I feel that by the time I ever got used to it, it'd just get changed again in time for WoD or have its numbers nerfed and make that effort in vain.

Some people were really interested in DoC for Balance at the start of the patch but the hype quickly died down. It just simply isn't worth it and it should theoritcally be even worse now since the 25% Mastery bonus scales poorly and the 6% Int scales well with more gear. Even on farm you could argue that dropping a healer and using your HotW Tranq to cover stressful areas would result in faster kill times and better DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus64 View Post
    Personally, I feel that by the time I ever got used to it, it'd just get changed again in time for WoD or have its numbers nerfed and make that effort in vain.
    I've heard that SoTF (Balance) and DoC are likely candidates to be redesigned in WoD. Pretty sure it was on the Twitter feed shortly after Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I've heard that SoTF (Balance) and DoC are likely candidates to be redesigned in WoD. Pretty sure it was on the Twitter feed shortly after Blizzcon.
    I'd be pissed is they weren't redesigned...

balance sotf is actually pretty decent if you're running really high mastery because it's your offset, especially for multi-target fights where people w/o gear optimized for chicken can fall really far behind on NG uptime (like resto droods that are running 3k that are in their off-sets) or high movement fights to keep up NG up

but as a competitive dps talent, it really needs reworking for both pve and pvp, I think it would benefit slightly some from people being back at 5k haste, but at current gear w/ optimization, it's just way too far behind

I mean, the only thing that's nice about it is you lose that awkward NG dead time after CA, and it's still terrible.