Poll: Would you pay to see WOW/ESport?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you pay to watch someone play wow?

Based off of a topic from another thread, I'm curious if WOW or e-sports in general is the real deal or an internet fad?

What's your take on the subject?

NOTE: This thread is purely based off of curiosity to see whether someone would pay to watch e-sports, just wondering if there is an actual market and hence someone making serious money being a gamer. You could compare that with Professional Sports/Concerts/Movies/Whatever and you can speculate on whatever you want as for what the event would be (weekend event or a weekly 2hour match or whatever).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-12-13 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't but I've never been a big sports or big e-sports fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Same here...

These's more for those that like e-sports...

10+ Year Old Account
    no of course not. at least not over the internet. would i pay to go to a convention to watch gamers? thats more of a possibility, but only if they came closer to my scrawny little town. i dont value other players enough to pay to watch them play. they are not "cool" enough for this kind of idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    agree with this

e-sports and just watching others play video games in general has never appealed to me

Not really a big fan of e-sports. Only live stream video game tournaments I ever watch is of Super Smash Bros Melee or Project M, and even those I would never actually pay for.

I watch League of Legends regularly and some Starcraft II, but I wouldn't have any interest in watching Warcraft, and I don't currently watch Arena competitions or any live-streams for the game. Something about it just doesn't appeal to me as an e-sport.

Uhm. Maybe if it was a really high end PVP tournament/event or a raiding contest and it was done the right way. I doubt I'd pay over $25 though.

For an individual? Never. I look down on people who watch streams or youtube videos religiously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay money to watch other people play video games? You got to be kidding. I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watch WoW PvP regularly on Twitch. I no longer play the game just because playing it doesn't interest me. Some of the personalities that stream are what I care more about.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Based off of a topic from another thread, I'm curious if WOW or e-sports in general is the real deal or a internet fad?

What's your take on the subject?
    While I follow WF races and such, I'm not big on esports (or sports for that matter). Although I do enjoy watching others who play my class at extremely high levels to pick up different practices from them, that's not something I would really ever consider paying to do.

Now, if there were streams offered on WF fights, I *might* dish out a few bucks to support the feed and partake, but I wouldn't dish out more than $10 or so, because it doesn't interest me enough to pay anything more. And even then, it'd only be if I had nothing better to do at the time.

Deleted
    Nein.

I barely watch people playing WoW on Twitch at all. Some of the big WoW streamers aren't even playing WoW from time to time, but still have their stream marked as streaming WoW.

Talking about streaming WoW... Why does Swifty stream 24/7 streams of WoW when he's not even at home but away 'training'?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Pay money to watch other people play video games? You got to be kidding. I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.
    It's really no different than watching sports, I feel. You're watching someone play a game that you could play yourself, but at a much higher level than you can, do, or could achieve.

I'd pay $15 a month to watch myself play WoW, that way I know that I'm getting my money's worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It's really no different than watching sports, I feel. You're watching someone play a game that you could play yourself, but at a much higher level than you can, do, or could achieve.
    I wouldn't pay to watch people play sports either. Unless you count the cost of directv to see Bulls games.

I would watch, but I wouldn't pay for it, nor have someone pay for me to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I wouldn't pay to watch people play sports either. Unless you count the cost of directv to see Bulls games.
    Oh, that's true- you were talking specifically about paying. I wasn't, sorry.

I don't pay for either... either, myself.

For free, yes. If I have to pay, I would just pay to play instead.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I'd pay $15 a month to watch myself play WoW, that way I know that I'm getting my money's worth.
    LOL, that's me too but I've seen enough threads about people comparing pro athletes to pro gamers and people arguing that pro gamers should make millions too so I wanted to see if there really was a market.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."