Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Anduin's character is not believable AND he's kind of a whiny, that's why I dislike him.
    Jaina's character is more believable than ever, Arthas, her father, Theramore, her hatred for Garrosh is understandable.

I hope that Characters like Wrathion and Anduin get some interesting plots in Warcraft IV or novels, because in a game like WoW, where it's gameplay>lore, no new characters get the attention they deserve.

OMG! Shadow doesn't mean evil.

Go look at the current Warlocks or DK's on the Alliance, they arn't fucking that evil when saving the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShot View Post
    I don't think he will be so cheesy champion of the light but right now its too soon for him going with shadow specc, hes kid you know so I dont think Blizzard can let child go rampage.
    Adulthood for Humans is reached at 15. He is 15 in MoP.

Personally I agree Seven, but the problem is that Blizzard has a difficulty portraying demon cultists and death knights as anything but heartless monsters.

I have yet to see a single shadow user in WoW to date barring maybe Lilian Voss who acts with a good intention.

And since shes technically a rogue it doesn't really count.

Again, I admire what your trying to say but I fear Anduins shadow magic what ever we have seen of it wont last, he will likely dispose of it after some momentary power struggle between shadow and light within, and then become all epic and redeemed.

Stereotype 101: Blizzard doesn't know how to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I hate him. I genuinely hate him.

Large numbers of Alliance troops put their lives on the line to find him and rescue him from Pandaria, lots die. Then when we finally do find him Anduin is all like "I DON'T WANNA GO I DON'T WANNA GO, IM HAVING FUN WITH D PANDAZ AND MONKEYS! ZOINK*MINDCONTROL*"

fekin Brat. We should have left him to die.
    I LOL'd! But no I don't see Anduin going dark, he is the Justin Bieber of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Seven View Post
    OMG! Shadow doesn't mean evil.

Go look at the current Warlocks or DK's on the Alliance, they arn't fucking that evil when saving the world.
    I always assumed they weren't so much saving the world, as saving the world for later.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Personally I agree Seven, but the problem is that Blizzard has a difficulty portraying demon cultists and death knights as anything but heartless monsters.

I have yet to see a single shadow user in WoW to date barring maybe Lilian Voss who acts with a good intention.

And since shes technically a rogue it doesn't really count.

Again, I admire what your trying to say but I fear Anduins shadow magic what ever we have seen of it wont last, he will likely dispose of it after some momentary power struggle between shadow and light within, and then become all epic and redeemed.

Stereotype 101: Blizzard doesn't know how to be original.
    What intention would he have of going shadow anyway? He is a peacenik, hard to see him use any darkish badass abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Anduin's character is not believable AND he's kind of a whiny, that's why I dislike him.
    Jaina's character is more believable than ever, Arthas, her father, Theramore, her hatred for Garrosh is understandable.

I hope that Characters like Wrathion and Anduin get some interesting plots in Warcraft IV or novels, because in a game like WoW, where it's gameplay>lore, no new characters get the attention they deserve.
    I can't stand Anduin! something about being such a pacifist I can't stand. Anduin should of died by Garrosh, but nooooo he just had to frickin live!

10+ Year Old Account
    no idea, no one can predict the future...why do you ask?

Dude.

Anduin has already used Shadow Magics. He mind controlled one of the guys who was sent to bring him back home.

Shadow is in his official art.

Hell. There's more Shadow in there than there is Light. In fact, the Light is just in his stick.

It's the Darkness that he's actively using and commanding through himself in that pic.

And his other art doesn't seem to look all that bright and happy either. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/ar.../anduin-wrynn2

And the spoilers did suggest that he'll be tricked into helping Garrosh escape, and I get the feeling that his deceivers won't want him talking. So, they could either kill him or bring him along! Plenty of time to get all the angst and brooding on.

Deleted
    In lore aren't the Forsaken the only shadow priests? Shit gets retconned every two weeks I forget. I know Forsaken priests can wield the holy light but it just causes them extreme pain, but I haven't heard of any races using shadow priests. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    In lore aren't the Forsaken the only shadow priests? Shit gets retconned every two weeks I forget. I know Forsaken priests can wield the holy light but it just causes them extreme pain, but I haven't heard of any races using shadow priests. Could be wrong.
    Well, current lore says that it was the Forsaken who first popularized the idea, but other races do it too now.

And Anduin has used the dark magyks before. He has it in his picture. So.

It's a thing that Anduin has done and can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, current lore says that it was the Forsaken who first popularized the idea, but other races do it too now.

And Anduin has used the dark magyks before. He has it in his picture. So.

It's a thing that Anduin has done and can do.
    Can he also stop being little annoying brat ? I surely hope so.

iam not sure if having your entire city blown up with everyone inside, then being betrayed multiple times after that counts as fragile.

cause i dont know. if i hit a tank with a dozen hellfire missiles and called it fragile, i'd have to rethink my choice of words.

Also, i've not seen him act like an annoying brat. Lil'dragon pants got more bratty as time passed and he kept getting his way (only to have it all go to hell) but havent seen much of that from Anduin.

I guess saving lives and healing wounds is bratty. His ability to convince the celestials to open the gates was a clear sign of his immaturity. And he stopped Garrosh from getting the bell, which was totally a douchey move. If Garrosh had been able to focus on his music career, he would have never become the tyrant he did later.

He's actually been quite steadfast in his outlook and hope, while realisticly realizing when things are bleak. his judgement has been petty unclouded.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-12-14 at 09:19 PM.

/shrug. It could happen if Blizzard wanted it to happen. Remember, there is only POWAH.

Wrathion seems to be his shadow foil more than anything.

"Sha" is lamest creature in this game, please don't talk about it!

I'd rather see N'Zoth influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can he also stop being little annoying brat ? I surely hope so.
    Give him time, as soon as he gets tortured and grows a beard everything will come into focus.

Considering that he will eventually lead the Army of Light against the legion, i doubt he will have a long period of darkness if any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    Considering that he will eventually lead the Army of Light against the legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is the new Uther, as a priest