Poll: Legendaries: Transmoggable?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no. Though if Legendaries couldn't be attained after their relevance (like the ZG bear mount), I would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Put a requirement on them so that you had to have gotten them in the patch/ expac they were released to mog them. Makes them both prestigious and rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I was about to post exactly the same thing - I agree.

Check them by date, if you got them in the patch then they should be xmoggable.
    The problem with that is we didn't have achievements in Vanilla and BC, and even then you had to equip them to gain the achievement. For example, I had quit until about halfway through Wrath (RL got in the way), and even then I didn't equip Thunderfury until months later, making the date on my TF achievement sometime in late Wrath. Yet, I got Thunderfury in Vanilla and used it most of the way through Vanilla and BC.

So I should be barred from transmogging my Thunderfury simply because I didn't equip it to gain the achievement? How is that fair?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Ofc they should. Some worked for months to get them.....
    exactly, this many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    People say no to try and keep the item prestigious, however this is wrong imo for 2 reasons

1) The majority of legendaries are very easy to obtain, with the 'hardest' aspect being RNG
    2) If someone has obtained it after however many long weeks/months, surely they should be allowed to view and enjoy their reward without having to be severely gimped/when out of combat
    i agree with this to a point. but i still dont feel like they should be transmogable. it would be annoying to see every DW class running around with a warglaive. you know it would happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i agree with this to a point. but i still dont feel like they should be transmogable. it would be annoying to see every DW class running around with a warglaive. you know it would happen lol
    Because everyone runs around in the same transmog gear today, right? Sure, for a bit you might see endless waves of Sulfuras, Shadowmourne and the Warglaives, but people will eventually get bored of it and go to their regular transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Art is subjective. Thunderfury is one of my favorite sword models in the game.

Many people like the Bulwark of Azzinoth, or the purple Paladin T2 recolour. I think both are ugly as hell. Others evidently don't.
    To each their own. I can't stand Thunderfury since it looks like something I'd find in the original Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    No. Want to know why? Because just about EVERYONE will be running around with the same look.
    Yea, just imagine seeing purple paladin t2 all over, every shield was Bulwark of Azzinoth and all two-handers looked like Armageddon. It would be horr... ohwait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, yes, as long as the legendary isn't current content.

The whole "everyone would use it" is, honestly, bullshit. The same argument was used about Paladin T2/6, Death Knight starting armor, certain weapons and other popular sets when transmog was announced. At first, these sets were extremely popular and common, but in time the novelty wore off and people started using different sets. I don't think anyone who cares enough about changing the looks of their character will transmog glaives on a set that looks horrible with them, or build a set they don't like just to match the glaives. I know I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. On one hand, I don't want to see them everywhere, on the other hand, kinda lame to have them but be completely unable to use.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

No thanks, warglaives everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    No thanks, warglaives everywhere.
    Along with the T2 and it's recolour, Illidan's loot-table, and everything else people used as anti-transmog arguments back pre-4.3.

Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they should be able to be transmogged, WITH the down side of having to spend say 200g+ for one mog to be done, or a short quest that at the end you pay the transmog dude 1,000-6,000g to allow you do to so (plus the 200g+ thing)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    They should be valid as an xmog target, but not as a source. imo
    +1

10character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    People say no to try and keep the item prestigious, however this is wrong imo for 2 reasons

1) The majority of legendaries are very easy to obtain, with the 'hardest' aspect being RNG
    2) If someone has obtained it after however many long weeks/months, surely they should be allowed to view and enjoy their reward without having to be severely gimped/when out of combat
    So much this! I voted "yes" - if someone was running MC, SWP or ICC for months or years, he deserved his legendary drop, he was working hard for this, even when it wasn't current content.

But I also like the idea of higher cost of transmog legendaries or miniquest gating them from transmog.
    Last edited by Goraidh; 2013-12-01 at 01:08 PM. Reason: typo
    A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another. (Lennier to Vir in Babylon 5:"Dust to Dust")
    -----
    Main: Warrior for life

Deleted
    I think it's silly that you can mogg them, My lock would look awesome with thunderfury :/

Deleted
    I don't understand the logic of those against this just because "everyone" will be running around with Warglaives and the like. So what? Who cares what others are doing if it doesn't affect you? Right now legendaries are only relavant for the content patch they arrived in after that they just get put away in banks or occasionally equipped just to afk in a city where no one actually cares.

Really, what's worse? Having a legendary item sit in your bank gathering dust doing nothing? Or actually being able to make use of it show it off? It just seems silly that we never see some of the more unique weapon designs just because they have orange text.

Of course this would likely be less of an issue if more of Blizzards weapon and armor design was any good rather than the odd few sets every few tiers.

I think there is a middle ground that can be met with legendaries that can still leave them feeling "legendary." A loose requirement that you have to have earned the legendary within the expansion it was introduced I think is a fair compromise that prevents a million warglaives running around & provides a little prestige & incentive for players who worked hard to earn their legendary when the content was current.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean0925 View Post
    I don't understand the logic of those against this just because "everyone" will be running around with Warglaives and the like. So what? Who cares what others are doing if it doesn't affect you? Right now legendaries are only relavant for the content patch they arrived in after that they just get put away in banks or occasionally equipped just to afk in a city where no one actually cares.

Really, what's worse? Having a legendary item sit in your bank gathering dust doing nothing? Or actually being able to make use of it show it off? It just seems silly that we never see some of the more unique weapon designs just because they have orange text.

Of course this would likely be less of an issue if more of Blizzards weapon and armour design was any good rather than the odd few sets every few tiers.
    I would be happy if you could transmog the legendary to look like something else. Stupid ugly cape model messes up my cool transmog!

Some peoples arguments are so weak too. not everyone wants to run round with the warglaives on their back either

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I think there is a middle ground that can be met with legendaries that can still leave them feeling "legendary." A loose requirement that you have to have earned the legendary within the expansion it was introduced I think is a fair compromise that prevents a million warglaives running around & provides a little prestige & incentive for players who worked hard to earn their legendary when the content was current.
    While it may possibly have been a fair compromise at the time it just isn't possible to do now as legendaries that would have been obtained before Wrath weren't tracked as achievements (unless Blizzard can somehow track when you got the weapon before then but I wouldn't have thought so).

I think going forward it might be a good idea. It lets people know that they need to try and get it now if they want to be able to use it.