Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Initially, I wasn't going to share anything, but you guys have melted my frozen heart. Plus I hate those type of guys on Youtube. "Sorry no sheets, played by ear" - selfish!

Hopefully I did it right and these are the links for the class crests:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a30bf44l4...D-/Custom%20UI

Weakauras uses the .tga format for textures, so its not some spyware stuff if you are unfamiliar. I'm not claiming that any of these are the best quality image of the crests out there but it looks good enough for me. I forget which is which but the difference between the CREST and the ICON is one is just like the other except it has a runic backplate behind it, which looks better in my opinion.

1)For those of you that might use these, before anything, back up your WTF folder, cause if you load a model incorrectly, WA will spaz out and corrupt your auras and its a pain in the ass to fix. Don't come crying to me if you skip this step.

2)If that doesn't bother you, I recommend making a new folder in your interface>addons folder, something like custom UI. Put the crests in that folder. In-game, load up WA - new texture, and you can use the shortcut filepath \\interface\addons\custom ui\NAME_OF_ICON.tga

3)Whatever crest you loaded should appear kinda see through. That's okay, you can fix that by clicking on the COLOR box, then pulling the slide bar all the way up to the positive sign (+) and that should be it.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make it all simple so my PM box isn't flooded with questions again. I'll still be lurking on the forums
    though.

Weakauras import strings
    WARLOCK - DESTRUCTION http://pastebin.com/E3FMgyrv

WARLOCK - AFFLICTION http://pastebin.com/VArcZSJ5

UNENDING RESOLVE http://pastebin.com/UZeF206T
    Thanks bud, for the warnings and the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Tempest could you possibly elaborate a bit more on your ui and maybe show a raid setting. I'm trying to free up screen space but I always fail at finding a good way to handle the loss of over 40binds on my screen.
    Sure, I'll take a shot tonight.

Deleted
    #tempest420 - Can You upload your stuf.lua stuf.bak and bartnender/dominos lua.bak ?

Quote Originally Posted by hhec84 View Post
    #tempest420 - Can You upload your stuf.lua stuf.bak and bartnender/dominos lua.bak ?
    I'm curious. Why do you want his backups as well?

I added the sound files for the Priest Evangelism stacks. They are in .ogg format, which both Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and Weakauras can use.

Tempest could you possibly elaborate a bit more on your ui and maybe show a raid setting. I'm trying to free up screen space but I always fail at finding a good way to handle the loss of over 40binds on my screen.
    And do you really use 40+ keybinds? I'd love to see your hotbars, just to satisfy my curiosity.

I added the sound files for the Priest Evangelism stacks. They are in .ogg format, which both Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and Weakauras can use.

And do you really use 40+ keybinds? I'd love to see your hotbars, just to satisfy my curiosity.

I've been working on my weakauras and the layout is next, thats why it looks so much like default.

I've been working on my weakauras and the layout is next, thats why it looks so much like default.
    If you are looking to get rid of buttons, I'd highly recommend Opie. I use it for pretty much everything that isn't a button I'd push in combat so things like raid buffs, mounts, profession stuff etc. Additionally, and on a much more general note, you can hide anything that doesn't have a cooldown (eg. stances).

For the cooldowns that do matter, take a look at the screenshot I posted again. The bar that goes across the top is made with Raven and displays only spells that are on cd (that I specify).

Lastly, I took a screenshot while doing LFR on my hunter just to show raid frames and the like. I have a feeling I'm going to forget to take a shot during main raid >.>

My take on this is that with this bar setup there is no need anymore to have a cd tracker at the top for the same abilities (perhaps you've changed this). In any case it looks to me like you're using the type of lightweight minimalistic addons I used to use before I stopped having time to reconfigure and update them all. What I can discern is something like m_combattext for example although many look the same. I hope I can get a similiar look with elvui without downloading too much extra stuff.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2013-12-17 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    If you are looking to get rid of buttons, I'd highly recommend Opie.
    Lastly, I took a screenshot while doing LFR on my hunter just to show raid frames and the like. I have a feeling I'm going to forget to take a shot during main raid >.>

For the love of everything cute and fluffy, I wish Blizzard would implement oPie functions directly into the game so everyone would know about it. It is hands down one of my favorite wow addons ever. Everyone go get it. Stop reading this. Go get it.

On another note, your Ui is incredibly well organized, great job.

<3
    Ish

everyone go get oPie

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    For the love of everything cute and fluffy, I wish Blizzard would implement oPie functions directly into the game so everyone would know about it. It is hands down one of my favorite wow addons ever. Everyone go get it. Stop reading this. Go get it.

<3
    Ish

everyone go get oPie
    Well now you're just tempting. Btw Ish I stole your UI's font its amazing and if i could get cargbags to do what I wanted I'd use that too

Deleted
    everyone go get oPie
    I tried googling for a grumpy response saying No, but all I got was a cat. Anyway, I refuse to concede to your demands!
    Althought it is awfully useful for marking... and summoning demons... and portals... it's pretty good for hunter traps too I guess... and consumables...

Well now you're just tempting. Btw Ish I stole your UI's font its amazing and if i could get cargbags to do what I wanted I'd use that too
    <3
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    I tried googling for a grumpy response saying No, but all I got was a cat. Anyway, I refuse to concede to your demands!
    Althought it is awfully useful for marking... and summoning demons... and portals... it's pretty good for hunter traps too I guess... and consumables...
    Sooo, everything then? lol

everyone go get oPie

Deleted
    Sooo, everything then? lol

everyone go get oPie
    But then what do I do with all my new keybindings? Ever think of that?

Well I got rid of all the misc buttons on the side, but warriors aren't such a laidback class as most so it didn't really help me get rid of my main 30buttons, the need for new keybindings is offputting as well like shredster said
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2013-12-17 at 10:19 PM.

<3
    Ish

everyone go get oPie
    Opie is absolutely the best thing ever. Here's all the shit I use it for (to convince you incase you are still skeptical)
    - raid markers, world markers
    - mounts
    - stances (warrior, hunter, paladin, death knight, druid)
    - shaman weapon enchants & shields
    - warlock portal, gateway, raid buff, healthstone thingy, demons
    - hunter pets, revive pet, trap launcher toggle
    - random dk spells like death gate, path of frost, runeforging etc
    - paladin raid buffs, res

You can put just about anything into one of the rings. Spells, pets, items, pokemans, macros, equipment sets, addon minimap shortcuts and even other rings! GO GET IT.

PS. Thanks for the kind words Ishtara!

The one thing I don't like is how you need another bind to go into nested rings, if it was possible to just go in them automatically I would use it but I'm short on available bindings as it is.

You should make tons of macros that use modifiers. It won't reduce the number of keybinds you use but it will at least cut down the number of ones you need displayed, giving you space for a less clunkier UI (not that yours is clunky).
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2013-12-18 at 12:03 AM.

You should make tons of macros that use modifiers. It won't reduce the number of keybinds you use but it will at least cut down the number of ones you need displayed, giving you space for a less clunkier UI (not that yours is clucky).
    If they are simply use x ability or y ability, then why not keybind them.
    You end up with exactly the same result, two different binds but without the macro requirement.
    Look for alternative displays that remove the need to see the bars.
    Something like TellMeWhen if you like the bar/icon format.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What he means is merging keybinds into one slot, and yeah its a great idea. Instead of having 2 buttons for 1 and shift-1 binds you merge them into one bind. If you track cooldowns separately this doesn't pose an issue but you still have to get used to it. If I get down to standardizing my binds so they aren't so random I'll do it. For cooldown tracking etc i use weakauras so its not a problem.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2013-12-18 at 12:58 AM.

Buttons are horrible for tracking cooldowns, even with the addition of OmniCC or others.
    You will end up with a lot you don't need to see, making tracking the important stuff way harder.
    Binding them all, hiding them, and then with an addon tracking more selectively will be far more readable and offers better prioritisation and organisation.

What about the limited number of macro slots ?
    Macros should ideally be reserved when a Macro is going to add something better.
    I went along the route you suggested, and am in the process of moving out of it.
    You made a point about reducing the numbers you will be seeing, and yet your whole idea contradicts that since you WILL be seeing stuff you don't need to see.
    By trying to put multiple abilities on a button you wlll end up with some buttons which have a mixture of cooldowns or non-cooldowns or even varying cooldowns.
    How do you track multiple different abilities on a single button ? Press a modifier to change which timer is displayed at a given time ? That is just messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

He's already tracking them with weakauras so it doesn't matter what abilities are combined. I just assumed he has some underlying reason to keep his bars visible and wanted to keep it that way. Just trying to minimalize without forcing him to completely change it all. I'll be quiet now : (