Surv vs BM Bis 5.4

I want to hear you opinions about the best spec, talents, and Stats priorities!! for a BiS Hunter in 5.4!!

These topics have been covered many times before 5.4 had even come out. Nothing has really changed since then. Most guides have lists, including the one in the signature of this post.

You oughta read the first and second page posts in the hunter forum, pretty much covers everything.

http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...P-Hunter-Guide thanks to Rogerbrown/Pottm. It's a really nice overview.

I hate to say this, because I hate it when people say this, but play whichever one you're most comfortable with because that may make 1 better than the other, it's just that close atm.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-12-19 at 11:19 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunskill View Post
    I want to hear you opinions about the best spec, talents, and Stats priorities!! for a BiS Hunter in 5.4!!
    It was obvious that you're new here.

Go read some other threads and read the rules, please.

I heard its super close...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    This is a pretty good (and EXTENSIVE!) starter guide.

A few things I disagree with (I prefer SV for every boss, including Galakras and H Siegecrafter belt duty), but yeah, I'll be sending all my "HOW I HUNTER?!?" viewer questions there from now on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    survival is overrated
    If you know how to maximise your dps with playing with trinkets etc, it's not. BM only beats Surv if it gets more procs during encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    If you know how to maximise your dps with playing with trinkets etc, it's not. BM only beats Surv if it gets more procs during encounter.
    And SV only beats BM if it gets lucky LnL procs...Both specs have trinket RNG, while SV has the added RNG of LnL procs dictating your opening burst by millions of damage, and the rest of the fight by even more.

SVs low end of damage from overall bad procs is MUCH lower than what BM would ever get from bad procs. While the upside is that SV has a higher potential top end of damage from god procs than BM does.
    Last edited by Megabloks; 2013-12-19 at 10:59 PM.

They're so close it's largely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    It was obvious that you're new here.

Go read some other threads and read the rules, please.
    No need to be a tool bud. Anyone can see that someone is a new member by looking at the join date and the post count. Stating that to make him seem inferior to you isn't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    They're so close it's largely irrelevant.
    If you're looking at simcraft patchwerk numbers, yes. But what many hunters do not understand is the power that controlled burst brings from BM. Especially with 40s cd bestial wrath now.

Deleted
    that guidee linked from EJ says SV sims higher yet on the newly released SimCraft results BM does. Id currently say BM is safer for Progression since it doesnt rely AS MUCH on procs.

SV simmed higher when SimCraft had a mistake in it that was overvaluing ToTH. With the correction, BM sims higher single target, but SV has greater RNG, and thus greater variance in results.