... LastLast
    Deleted

No flying until 6.1 good or bad?

What are your thoughts of this
    - Will it slow down lvling process?
    -Will we discover more?
    -Will it fix better for world pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a massive (and a continuation) poll thread you can post/read in for consolidation; there is PLENTY of "answers" to each of your questions from those on both sides of the equation.

My thoughts are that this topic hasn't been argued to death and back again over hundreds of pages by about 20 forum members, so we really did need to revisit it.

No, yes and probably, depending on your server.

No no and yes, without any meaningful debate except for the last one, where you might enjoy the ability to escape ganks and camps that flight offers, while being willing to pay for those tricks with the swoop-n-gank.

But this thread should be locked given the hundred+ active page thread on this very topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are three threads over 100 pages each that go over this topic ad nauseum. There is zero need to have yet another thread on this topic.

Deleted
    It is a good thing as u will explore everything a bit more slow paced, and it doesnt feel like cheating while questing as in skip all mobs and just kill the one u need then fly away

Makes the game less fun to me.

The overwhelming conclusion for this subject is that removal of flying is good for the game. See the 250+ page thread for people all agreeing with each other as to why this is true.

Deleted
    It's Blizzard attempt to get people back into the world, and from that side it's a good and worthy effort.
    However it's a pointless exercise because over the past two and a half expansions they've conditioned the majority of it's playerbase to not give two shits about questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    232 replies on one thread and 109 replies on the other. Same topic different thread.

Deleted
    Good. I'm very surprised by such an 'old school' decision by Blizzard in this day and age, but I agree with them, the world is going to be so much more absorbing now. It's going to feel like a world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    What are your thoughts of this
    - Will it slow down lvling process?
    No not really. We have pretty much always leveled on the ground except cataclysm. so i doubt there will be a lot of change. What it will change is how you do things at max level. You'll still be running around on the ground 2-4 months after you reach max level just cause blizzard can make you. That kinda sucks.

-Will we discover more?
    Not really. You'' discover no more or less than what blizzard places in game. Removing flying has little to do with discovery, though I would argue I went more places flying then I ever did running on teh ground. so maybe I should change my answer a little. I will discover much less while I am forced to ride on the ground VS when blizzard hands back flying to everyone and I go more places.

-Will it fix better for world pvp?
    Nope, blizzard themselves ha been designing WPVP out of WOW. Flying didn't kill WPVP. Blizzard designed instanced battle grounds and arenas wiht rewards thats killed WPVP.

Now it is just something people don't really do too much cause blizzard designed it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Flying didn't kill WPVP. Blizzard designed instanced battle grounds and arenas wiht rewards thats killed WPVP.
    Most of it yes, but don't try to deny the fact that flying is harming world PvP.

Deleted
    I already dislike flying, so I'm super glad that I can experience walking around on ground again! (with everybody else..)

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Most of it yes, but don't try to deny the fact that flying is harming world PvP.
    All flying did was create a way for people that didn't want WPVP in the first place a way to escape it.

However, flying also created the swoop in ganker.

So, I'll call it an even trade off.

At the end of the day it wasn't flying that killed WPVP, it was blizzard design WPVP to be unrewarding and pushed gamers somewhere else to PVP.

I'd bet you anything when Warlords launches and players can't fly when they reach max level, there's going to be a lot of people that are unsubscribing once they've seen all they're willing to see without a flying mount (and many will come back when flying is brought back in a later patch). They're going to be city-camping again because it sucks to travel, which is something Blizzard tried to discourage in THIS expansion. Once the subscription losses come in, Blizzard is suddenly going to have an about-face on the subject, give us flying early, and hope it stops the subscription loss in time. This is, of course, assuming they screwed up yet another expansion. If they're giving us an epic experience in Warlords, then my prediction may very well not happen. For a company that wants to make money, they sure don't listen to the vast majority of their players (and no, the people saying "no flying mounts will be great" are not the majority).

As for myself, if I'm not happy with travel, questing, exploration, etc. at max level, I'll likely unsubscribe until flying is reinstated at a later patch, or just let the game sit untouched. I hate the leveling process without a flying mount and always have, so getting to max level and achieving that skill again is a big deal for me. If I want to explore the world on my ground mount, I like having the option. I don't need someone to force me to do it.

The moral to this whole experience is you can't give players something awesome and try to take it away from them later when they've become used to it being a regular thing. If you don't want players to have flying mounts, don't give it to them in the first place. They won't miss what they've never had and Blizzard won't lose subscriptions over something that's such a big thing for us.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    All flying did was create a way for people that didn't want WPVP in the first place a way to escape it.
    On first point, I can't understand the idea of rolling on PvP realm if the player can't stand world PvP.

Player versus player

Abbreviated PvP, the player versus player realm differs from the normal realm. PvP realms have an increased amount of player versus player combat, in the form of World PvP; entering any contested or enemy territory automatically flags the character being used for PvP combat, and the character cannot be unflagged while in these zones. The player will remain flagged for five minutes after having left a contested or enemy territory. PvP realms are generally recommended for those who enjoy knowing that they could be attacked at any time.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2013-12-20 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    On first point, I can't understand the idea of rolling on PvP realm if the player can't stand world PvP.
    I moved a toon to Stormscale EU which is a PvP server and has a HUGE Horde population. The reason I moved there is because I was in a late night raiding guild (midnight to 3am) and on that server we found people to raid with. I couldn't careless about doing actual World PvP there.

I despise flying mounts, so the longer the game takes them away from relevant content, the better. The lack of danger in the air is sickening.