Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Irrelevant.

When you Zenga, think of a 4v1 what would you expect to be a fair outcome? For the 1 to stand still healing until they get bored, or for the 4 to eventually push him over?

As i quoted, i can completely understand doing enough to escape sure, but to tank it? naah.
    In theory, but the reality is that world pvp is totally fucked with different ilvls and no battle fatigue. Which is a result of other stuff they have fixed/tried to fix. So I don't think it's a fair thing to base any healing statements on current world pvp situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP. But Healing was even more OP in late Classic. With the gear discrepancy between raiding and PvP.

Case in point, back then I had 4pc t3 and the rest of my gear was from Naxx/AQ40, my weapons was The end of Dreams off Grobb. I could seriously, with no exaggeration stand there and just cast rejuv on myself and be fine with at least 2-3 of the typical PvP/dungeon/MC geared players on me. And inevitably kill them all by rotating moonfire.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

DPS already don´t have to worry about their mana, now you want healers to have to use CC and and force them to stand still to cast while almost every other caster has some form of dps while walking?

This is extremely biased towards dps. You porbably made this thread after being outhealed in an arena or BG and now want X to get nerfed.
    Healers are having it hard enough having to deal with mana and idiots who walk too far away to get healed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    I would say the real question is: how many dps should a healer be able to survive? In my opinion the answer is more than 1 and less than 2. The reason for this argument is that PVP is balanced around 3v3 (whether you like it or not). In a 3v3 situation and 2 dps try to kill a target, then they should only be able to land a kill, when they cc healer (for less healing) or cc one dps (for less peel).

If a dps would be able to kill a healer in a 1v1 situation, then all arena games would most likely be: blow all cd's and get a kill before the other team. All arena games would be decided within 30 sec and what's the fun in that? Getting a kill in 3v3 should be about skill, which in my objective is putting a cc chain together.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Healing was even more OP in late Classic.
    Yeah but sustained damage was bonkers too. On my Warrior or Enh Shaman could global someone at any time no CDs needed. In my HWL gear I could literally charge, proc sword spec and you'd be dead, or Enh, purge purge WINDFURY, you dead. Vanilla isnt a good example.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Healers are fine in situations like 3v3 but 1v1 theyre obviously ridicilous but if a healer cant even keep himself up against 1 dps how is he supposed to keep 3 people up against 2 dps?

Seriously OP you need to look out your own personal opinion and look at PvP as a whole, your whole post screams bias toward dps. Put yourself in a healers shoes for one second... Making one positional mistake can literally cost your team the game against some 3s teams. There is so much instant cc in the game that eating one chain can end it all very fast. When I play dps it seems like there's no pressure, just line up cc and kill. If it doesn't work, wait and try again. On my healer it's completely different. Keep my team topped so they can stay offensive, look for good cc opportunities but don't get caught in the open, and ALWAYS watch yours and the enemy's positions. It's just so much more stressful.

If your complaining about 2s or duels get over it! If your complaining about 3s well face it, you got out played. Your team has a healer just like theirs. The fact the game lasted 15 minutes is nothing to bitch about. Nerfing healing at this point, with the current state of thing would break 3s even more than it currently is

Deleted
    why is it always nerf this nerf that. i'm always in favor of buffing other classes or in this case dps.

Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    Seriously OP you need to look out your own personal opinion and look at PvP as a whole, your whole post screams bias toward dps. Put yourself in a healers shoes for one second... Making one positional mistake can literally cost your team the game against some 3s teams. There is so much instant cc in the game that eating one chain can end it all very fast. When I play dps it seems like there's no pressure, just line up cc and kill. If it doesn't work, wait and try again. On my healer it's completely different. Keep my team topped so they can stay offensive, look for good cc opportunities but don't get caught in the open, and ALWAYS watch yours and the enemy's positions. It's just so much more stressful.

If your complaining about 2s or duels get over it! If your complaining about 3s well face it, you got out played. Your team has a healer just like theirs. The fact the game lasted 15 minutes is nothing to bitch about. Nerfing healing at this point, with the current state of thing would break 3s even more than it currently is
    I find it ironic that you tell him to look at it objectively.

The reason there is so much instant Cc and such is due to the amount of healing a healer can do. If one is lowered obviously the other must be lowered as well. I'm curious how the op got out played as well. Care to enlighten us play by play how and when he got outplayed since you obviously know? Though a better question would be how that is even relevant to what he has to say.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-12-20 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    its stupid any other game healers are easy to kill and always have been and it works. WoW is so messed up atm because of this that it just feels so broken.

Deleted
    Healers in PvP are in the worst state ever. That's the fact. Heals are laughably low and you can't do any dmg.
    I remember back in TBC or WotLK when Rogue would just die on my Thorns on my Resto Druid; my HotS ticked for 4 x more than now. Or when as Discipline Priest I could slowly kill every class 1v1, or when tanked 4 people on my Resto Shaman. That was op. But now we can only survive 1v1 for some period of time, that's it? What is so OP here? Playing healers in PVP is not fun any more. You can't even survive 1v2 for more than 10 seconds ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    battle fatigue doesn't work right in the world fyi
    Battle fatigue works just fine in the world the only time it doesn't work is when you duel someone in your party.

Quote Originally Posted by flinstone View Post
    why is it always nerf this nerf that. i'm always in favor of buffing other classes or in this case dps.
    Buffing everyone is what made this terrible expansion terrible....
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-12-20 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I find it ironic that you tell him to look at it objectively.

The reason there is so much instant Cc and such is due to the amount of healing a healer can do. If one is lowered obviously the other must be lowered as well. I'm curious how the op got out played as well. Care to enlighten us play by play how and when he got outplayed since you obviously know? Though a better question would be how that is even relevant to what he has to say.
    I can play that too, the reason why healing instants are so strong is because of so many instant cc/interrupts

the op (most likely) got out played because he can't land an interrupt for his life and opens up with all his stuns/silences, spikes the healer then can't land the interrupt on the healer so the healer tops off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    DPS already don´t have to worry about their mana, now you want healers to have to use CC and and force them to stand still to cast while almost every other caster has some form of dps while walking?
    DPS while walking and healing while walking are two entirely different things, DPS being able to cast while moving and not caring about mana (which both should have some place in the game) does not mean that healers should be except from both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I can play that too, the reason why healing instants are so strong is because of so many instant cc/interrupts

the op (most likely) got out played because he can't land an interrupt for his life and opens up with all his stuns/silences, spikes the healer then can't land the interrupt on the healer so the healer tops off.
    As i said if one gets lowered the other needs to be lowered as well.

And i'm curious what evidence you have to support this statement about the OP.

This is why I love playing UH Dk!Probably one of the only if not the only class that can solo healers and have a jolly good time vsing them.

Quote Originally Posted by meatfresh View Post
    This is why I love playing UH Dk!Probably one of the only if not the only class that can solo healers and have a jolly good time vsing them.
    Minus rogues mages and warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Minus rogues mages and warriors
    Don't forget shamans! :P

I disagree with most of OP's points, I feel like healers are very easy to shut down and certainly not to a point in which they need to be nerfed, at least.

This whole instant cast argument is pretty stupid. You want to nurf us so we can't outheal a single DPS in a 1v1 situation using majority instants and our own CC for peeling? The game would become "tunnel the healer and interrupt - what are they going to do?" overnight.

The meta changed because every class now has an interrupt. EVERY. CLASS. In addition to this, there is so much more CC and control in general that trying to get a cast off in PvP is quite difficult. If it was part of our general playstyle, interrupts would just shut healers down way too hard. If you want to fix the healing situation, start with the CC situation.

I do agree that healers should be able to run out of mana though. being able to inefficiently spend mana for better healing is good design. It's still there, but because casts aren't really standard anymore, it doesn't play as big a roll as it used to.