I can't wait to see the new previews, but after that I can't wait to see what you do with them

Especially night elves and humans.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Well done, They look great!

Really love those Wolves and Nightsabers!
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Bonus Spectral Tiger!
    Why hasn't Blizzard hired you as a texture artist yet? Metzen! I demand that you give this guy a job! It'd show that Blizzard really is an equal opportunity employer!

Keep em coming man. I especially like the Mechanognome! Interested to see what you might do for a taunka skin on a tauren.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

This spectral tiger isn't so good, it isn't "original", that's the problem. But others are really good. :-) You even are on the first page in MMO, so... congratulations and good job!

Looks like someone made the MMOC front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felblood (blood elf) and high elf (night elf) ones too, pretty please?

Though I guess you'll need the new blood elf models for that.

A Highborne subrace skin would also be cool, but would require much less visual differentiation, as I suspect all the night elf models will be made attractive in WoD, and hopefully with this will come the ability to select an arcane-influenced eye glow for them.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-12-21 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    This spectral tiger isn't so good, it isn't "original", that's the problem. But others are really good. :-)
    So pretty much exactly like Blizz would do?

Congrats on the front page!

Wow, was totally not expecting MMO-C front page, that's amazing! But I think people are getting confused over the un-undead, it's not really a subrace concept lol

EDIT: Apparently Chris Robinson saw them too! Hopefully that brings us at least a step closer to making this a reality!
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats shoc, and you better thank us for getting you this. :P

Well anyway you gonna make anymore for more when the new models come out for more races?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Congrats shoc, and you better thank us for getting you this. :P

Well anyway you gonna make anymore for more when the new models come out for more races?
    Of course! I have a few more customization options in mind especially for humans and trolls (:
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course! I have a few more customization options in mind especially for humans and trolls (:
    And blood elves/night elves?

I just hope the new human models have age options in the skin customisation. I mean, that at least a couple of the skins are older, not that theres an "aging" customisation bar or anything. Aeneas is a veteran of 3 world wars; travelled to Outland and defeated Illidan and countless victories since... having him fresh faced wouldn't feel right

OT : These look amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    And blood elves/night elves?
    Not sure what else Blood Elves could be other than Fel-Blood Elves but those aren't really playable but I can mock some up, Night Elves have the opportunity for tattoo's/Highborne skin Colors I suppose
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what else Blood Elves could be other than Fel-Blood Elves but those aren't really playable but I can mock some up, Night Elves have the opportunity for tattoo's/Highborne skin Colors I suppose
    They can be those Flame Elves. :P
    Druid of the Flame.
    AWWWWW YEAHS...
    For the Horde!

I think because a lot of people are coming by this thread now because of the front page post I'm going to try to clear things up a bit. These are sub-race mockups for models that are going to be in game anyways come WoD, such as the various Orc races, Dwarves races, Tauren clans, Leper Gnomes etc.

I originally made this thread as a response to a WoW Insider article that talked about variant player skins for all the various sub-races that were in the game.

I thought it would be cool to make a bunch of edits of all the Blizzcon Previews for fun, and for practice for an intro to design/photoshop class that I have come January. I feel that since these models are going to exist in game anyways, and since many of these sub-races have a substantial amount of lore backing them up, sub-race skins can provide a huge amount of character customization. WoW really lacks the same level of character customization that next-gen MMO's seem to offer, and I feel that now with the overhaul of all the new models is a perfect time to implement some additional customization.

- - - Updated - - -

While I'm at it, I'm going to list up some possible mock-ups with the races that I haven't covered yet.

Human - Azotha (Vrykul Features), Asian Humans (a la Wu Shen)
    Night Elf - Highborne Skin Variants (Basically more radiant, sparkly magic skin) and Demon Hunter Tattoos.
    Worgen - Non Snarly Faces
    Draenei - ?

Troll - With the Troll leaders defeated by the Horde in the Throne of Thunder, it wouldn't be too far fetched for them to join the Horde.
    Blood Elf - Lich King is dead, and the Valk'yr aligned themselves with the Forsaken, maybe some San'layn did as well. Very far fetched though. But Cool Factor > Lore sometimes.
    Goblin - ?
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Why hasn't Blizzard hired you as a texture artist yet? Metzen! I demand that you give this guy a job! It'd show that Blizzard really is an equal opportunity employer!
    Not to diss, but I haven't seen any custom textures. Adjusting color balances is one thing, but hand painted textures is a different ballpark. Maybe someone could highlight what I am not seeing? He's good at copy and pasting and tweaking colors in images, but about the only thing I could see him doing at Blizzard is website design with screenshot doctoring. Not to detract from the coolness of seeing these concepts realized more. He does have a nice feel for the color palette of Warcraft, which is valuable for the art team's members.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Apparently Chris Robinson saw them too! Hopefully that brings us at least a step closer to making this a reality!
    Wellllll,... He's already well aware of the desire for this, we've been talking about this since 2004 in one way or another for-ev-errrr. Ghostcrawler has talked about it recently last year and this year. In Cata's beta we actually had access to Wildhammer tattoos. But this is something that may help light a fire under something, but I have a feeling based on what Robinson has been tweeting the model project they're working on has a lot more ambitious features to it than many people seem to be expecting. I think this is good for motivating more of the fan base to say "Hey, that is cool, I never really thought about it like that." We need more people to carry pitchforks and torches, that was the only way we got the art team to finally give us a custom animation for opening, reading, and closing our maps. Well, not really, but it's fun to pretend. Don't mind me though, please. Carry on, sir.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-12-21 at 09:43 PM.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Dark Iron Warlock - Geif

Wildhammer Shaman - Geif!

Human - Azotha (Vrykul Features), Asian Humans (a la Wu Shen)

I'd think San'layn would be a Blood Elf option, seeing as they were Blood Elves under Kael'thas stuck in Northrend. But whatevz, San'layn look so cool.
    I love Vrykul as well, and all things Norse and viking.