Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    But it's true
    I know F/SN is full of tragic characters, but I think I feel for Sakura the most of them. ;o

Log Horizon episodes are just too short ;< felt like 5m again q.q i found it quite funny that they had so much problems vs lvl ~20 mobs in the dungeon not a concept i am familar with from other RPG's (i wish something like this existed!)

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Can't wait for the next Log Horizon. This episode was pretty good.

Can some 1 actually tell me what LN's are offical released in the European room in english/german? every single one i try to find on amazon dosent exist ;<

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

15+ Year Old Account
    Pupipo! - So, first anime of the winter season, I guess. I said I wasn't going to pick up many shows this season, but it is only a short one (4 min episodes).

Not much to say other than I like the art style. MC is cute.

Log Horizon - Loved this episode. Blond dude is hilarious, and the combat this episode was pretty good. Their group composition sucks, though. 2 healers, 1 support, 1 dps, 1 tank. And although Minori seems to be the only one who knows strategy, she has like no idea how to play her character at all.

Every episode I watch makes me want to play a game like this even more. Shit.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-12-21 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they aren't as epic as that :P

Chelly
    http://www.otakustudy.com/anime/2013...ubbed-trailer/

This sounds okayish. Better than expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    Can some 1 actually tell me what LN's are offical released in the European room in english/german? every single one i try to find on amazon dosent exist ;<
    None are. There is no real market for them, either rely on translators on stupid tsuki or learn moonrunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    None are. There is no real market for them, either rely on translators on stupid tsuki or learn moonrunes.
    problem with tsuki that its missing chapters for most still :< and i dont rly like to read digital and i dont have an ebook reader ;< id rather drop 20€ for a hardcopy i wouldnt even mind importing as long as its english but well if they arent translated i guess i will have to suck it up and read it on tsuki afterall

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    problem with tsuki that its missing chapters for most still :< and i dont rly like to read digital and i dont have an ebook reader ;< id rather drop 20€ for a hardcopy i wouldnt even mind importing as long as its english but well if they arent translated i guess i will have to suck it up and read it on tsuki afterall
    I THINK Spice and Wolf are officially translated, but I am not sure, so there's that. Other than that though, you're left with fan translations - which are of varying quality and speed - or learning moonrunes.

Get BakaReader for your phone or an eBook reader and you're set for pirating the LNs. :P

I THINK Spice and Wolf are officially translated, but I am not sure, so there's that. Other than that though, you're left with fan translations - which are of varying quality and speed - or learning moonrunes.
    It is. The official translation for the 10th LN came out 3 days ago. There's also a manga, but it's not nearly as far as the LN.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    It is. The official translation for the 10th LN came out 3 days ago. There's also a manga, but it's not nearly as far as the LN.
    I think the only reason why Spice and wolf can get away with doing official translation is their publishing company is huge. Plus last I checked Spice and wolf has a huge following in the west. Smaller publishing companies for other Lns won't take the risk of translating them over to the west due to cost and possibly not getting their money back. Spice and wolfs publishing company has 364 employees and makes about ¥493,500,000 that much a year.

Get BakaReader for your phone or an eBook reader and you're set for pirating the LNs. :P
    i am sitll rocking a sony ericson k770i so no bakareader for my phone ;D
    guess i have to just keep playing with my 3ds on my way to college (i hope millenium girl gets released in the EU soon hate this damn region locking q.q)

also i am not that big of a fan of spice and wolf ;x id rather read mondaiji SAO Log Horizon etc. ^^
    also i dont understand why they think there is no market in the west for the LN's atleast in germany fantasy books are bought as much as anything else

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

not a concept i am familar with from other RPG's (i wish something like this existed!)
    in Ragnarok Online, you basically had meatshields and evasion options. While your typical meatshield had a large health pool, and reduced their damage taken from hits... get enough mobs above your reduction threshold, and you would eventually die. Evasion was reduced by each additional mob, so while you'd generally take less damage from one highlevel mob, you'd get torn up by 5 or 6 lesser mobs.

Personally, I think this kind of design philosophy keeps things more interesting then the Western MMO style of 'I'm a level higher then you, you and your thirty friends will NEVER touch me'.

The main reason I thought they tried to avoid the mobs in the dungeon was from the hassle. They already knew they were going to spend a good deal of REAL TIME getting to their destination, they didn't feel like having to stop and fight every moment. And if I gathered correctly, apparently higher levels have an INCREASED aggro radius vs lower levels.

what makes u think higher lvl = higher aggro radius? Touya is by far the highest lvl of the team and the sorc still got aggro from just starting to cast his spell ;X
    also i just saw tsuki has now translated log horizon up to volume 5 chapter 4

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    what makes u think higher lvl = higher aggro radius? Touya is by far the highest lvl of the team and the sorc still got aggro from just starting to cast his spell ;X
    also i just saw tsuki has now translated log horizon up to volume 5 chapter 4
    Maybe the system has some parts of the TERA online system? There you can get "burst aggro", if you do much damage in a short amount of time, the boss WILL go after you, no matter how long the tank slapped the boss before you even did anything.

Anyways, this episode brought back the nostalgia feeling of vanilla/BC WoW... I'm in love right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    I think the only reason why Spice and wolf can get away with doing official translation is their publishing company is huge. Plus last I checked Spice and wolf has a huge following in the west. Smaller publishing companies for other Lns won't take the risk of translating them over to the west due to cost and possibly not getting their money back. Spice and wolfs publishing company has 364 employees and makes about ¥493,500,000 that much a year.
    Whatever the reason, I'm happy they do lol. The LNs are fantastic and I'd of gone mad without them fulfilling the Spice and Wolf fix that the anime left me craving.

I hope they're trolling, but apparently Cthuku isn't subbing quartet anymore.

http://cthuko.nyaa.eu/2013/12/21/disbanding/#comments

That would seriously suck. I heard Watashuki (sp?) might be picking it up, but I don't know how credible that is. I know it's free and they don't have to do it, but if their reason for quitting is true, it's lame of them to stop with only 2 episodes left. I wouldn't care if there were other groups subbing it, but they're the only ones.

Hopefully this is them trolling.

Deleted
    i am sitll rocking a sony ericson k770i so no bakareader for my phone ;D
    guess i have to just keep playing with my 3ds on my way to college (i hope millenium girl gets released in the EU soon hate this damn region locking q.q)

also i am not that big of a fan of spice and wolf ;x id rather read mondaiji SAO Log Horizon etc. ^^
    also i dont understand why they think there is no market in the west for the LN's atleast in germany fantasy books are bought as much as anything else
    LNs are very different from western fantasy novels. I can't describe it well, but the style and the feeling is completely different. And on top of that there's the "lol chinese cartoons" stigma stopping many people from even giving them a chance.

The market is very niche, we're not getting commercial LN translations anytime soon.

LNs are very different from western fantasy novels. I can't describe it well, but the style and the feeling is completely different. And on top of that there's the "lol chinese cartoons" stigma stopping many people from even giving them a chance.

The market is very niche, we're not getting commercial LN translations anytime soon.
    dunno i see more and more people reading manga here dont think its that much of a stigmata anymore like a few years ago ;X back when i startet reading mangas and watching animes (not the ones airing on tv) i was probably 1/10000 that actually did that but now more and more people below 25 start picking it up and u even see a few people reading mangas in the train every day ;X

also sure the whole phrasing is kinda different in LN's atleast thats how it felt to me reading parts of Mondaiji but i still liked it and i think alot of people would buy them if they released them in the west. i would bet 50% of the people watching log horizon and liking it would buy the LN's ^^

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL