Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Do the adds on second garrosh transition return embers? I had a couple of attempts where I was at 4 full embers after aoeing but would reach the boss without any. Can only imagine it was from shadowburning the stragglers.
    I've been trying to figure the same thing out from videos. Would love an answer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbtrack View Post
    Having watched my kill vid back it seems they do refund embers because I definitely SB sniped one of them.

It's weird because there were 2 or 3 occasions on wednesday where I would go to attack the boss and find I've lost them all. I'm hoping it was an oversight on my part in potentially wasting them all by having FnB turned on as I attacked the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbtrack View Post
    Adds in both transition phases return embers

The problem happens if another warlock, or another player in general, kills the target you're shadowburning at the same time as you shadowburn it. You'll deplete an ember, but you won't do any damage and since the debuff didn't land on the target, your ember won't be refunded.

Deleted
    So basically it's your fault. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok found an example of the issue in my recording. I was at 4 full embers after aoeing the small adds in second transition.

Boss was engaged and I began casting an incinerate. Realising I had FnB still toggled on, I toggled it off mid cast (this usually just stops the cast or at very least turns it off after the cast).

Instead I lost all 4 embers. I'll try and upload it to youtube or something later once I'm done LFRing on my shaman and will see if I can recreate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand here is the crappy quality video of the 'bug' occuring.

Notice I go to cast incinerate with FnB toggled on at 4 embers. This should take me down to 3 embers. Instead it wipes them all out. I cast conflag right after but you can see that FnB is toggled off by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    So basically it's your fault. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok found an example of the issue in my recording. I was at 4 full embers after aoeing the small adds in second transition.

Boss was engaged and I began casting an incinerate. Realising I had FnB still toggled on, I toggled it off mid cast (this usually just stops the cast or at very least turns it off after the cast).

Instead I lost all 4 embers. I'll try and upload it to youtube or something later once I'm done LFRing on my shaman and will see if I can recreate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand here is the crappy quality video of the 'bug' occuring.

Notice I go to cast incinerate with FnB toggled on at 4 embers. This should take me down to 3 embers. Instead it wipes them all out. I cast conflag right after but you can see that FnB is toggled off by that point.
    Looks like it may be a bug no one's noticed (or mentioned to my knowledge at least) with the new FnB implementation. I don't see any other reason than casting a FnB'd spell without the buff clearing all embers.

Deleted
    Yep, first time I've noticed it. Happened at least twice. Derpy play by me to not toggle it off immediately, but at most it should have cost me one ember. Submitted a ticket but we'll have to see. Doubt we'll see a hotfix or anything.

Man, I just had a very similar experience. Just ran Secrets of Ragefire heroic scenario; on the last boss, I had 4 embers still from Shadowburning the last adds from the previous back. I don't remember the exact circumstances because it was just a quick scenario run for vp, just that I was at 4 embers and was trying to queue up a Chaos Bolt.

I'm not really paying attention so it takes me a second or two to realize I'm not casting anything despite mashing Chaos Bolt -- I look and I have no embers. Now, I know I had full embers, and I think all I'd cast before trying to go for CB was Dark Soul, Immolate, one Conflag, and one Incinerate ... but I wasn't really focused at all, so I can't be sure if maybe I had tried to toggle off FnB in there somewhere. I really don't think I'd accidentally spammed Ember Tap ... keybind isn't at all close to what I would have been going for.

idk it's weird ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Isnt guide quite outdated?
    Last edited by mmoc2a7be333da; 2013-12-22 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    How valuable is our 4P NM?
    I could replace 2 NM pieces with 574 Hood of Swirling Senses + 567 Ulmaas' Robes of Crushing Magma.
    Would it be Worth it?

I could even loose 2P by replacing shoulders with 567 Shay-Nii's Popping Shoulderpads.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2013-12-22 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    How valuable is our 4P NM?
    I could replace 2 NM pieces with 574 Hood of Swirling Senses + 567 Ulmaas' Robes of Crushing Magma.
    Would it be Worth it?

I could even loose 2P by replacing shoulders with 567 Shay-Nii's Popping Shoulderpads.
    Extremely valuable. It's probably worth going for the 4 piece at nearly any cost, but you really do need to both sim it out and test yourself. The playstyle adjustment might not work well for any given individual, or it might work particularly well. But I'd sim first to get a general idea, then maybe some grab some guildies for a quick Flex streamroll to get used to it.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    i went from hc helm and gloves to normal tier helm and gloves and it was still a 15k+ dps upgrade for me.

Took a serious bite out of my H Paragons 10m progression tonight. Using glyphed havoc for insane opening (no lust) burst on Skeer is a freaking joke.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=1&by=target

This fight was made for 5.4 Destro.

Glyphed havoc is just really nice for sniping procs with. An extra chaos bolt on the opener with everything up is just a ton of extra damage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Glyphed havoc is just really nice for sniping procs with. An extra chaos bolt on the opener with everything up is just a ton of extra damage
    This it's just nonsense padding, havoc on paragons need to be used for generating extra embers with immolate + incinerante not for e-penis and something like that.

Of course the opening will be like 1kk but it's not about dmg but about doing the fight correctly.

Btw, my post it's for someone progressing on fight, who already killed the boss and just wanna burn them and do high dmg do whatever he want to.

Deleted
    It's not nonsense padding if you need to be damaging Skeer and Rikkal at the same time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorout View Post
    It's not nonsense padding if you need to be damaging Skeer and Rikkal at the same time
    You attack rikkal for like 4 seconds max. In this time you'll still be building up embers. After bloodletting is cast any damage on Rikkal is pure padding.

Havoc off the bat for embers is fine, using it for 2x chaos bolt is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Took a serious bite out of my H Paragons 10m progression tonight. Using glyphed havoc for insane opening (no lust) burst on Skeer is a freaking joke.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ce=1&by=target

This fight was made for 5.4 Destro.
    Granted im not the best at reading logs, but did you only start the fight with 1 ember? If I am reading it right you got 4 chaos bolts out in the first 12 seconds of the fight? Please correct me if wrong, not used to 'warcraftlogs' also.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Granted im not the best at reading logs, but did you only start the fight with 1 ember? If I am reading it right you got 4 chaos bolts out in the first 12 seconds of the fight? Please correct me if wrong, not used to 'warcraftlogs' also.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...nts&by=ability

RoF on 3 targets.
    60% crit immolate ticks ticking every 1.5s on 2 targets.
    4 conflags (60% crit)/6 incinerates (60% crit + 25% t16 procs) total across 2 targets.

30 emberbits gained in 12.3s is definitely doable with berserking+meta+all your procs actually proccing when you expect them.
    Last edited by Fanatik; 2013-12-23 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...nts&by=ability

RoF on 3 targets.
    60% crit immolate ticks ticking every 1.5s on 2 targets.
    4 conflags (60% crit)/6 incinerates (60% crit + 25% t16 procs) total across 2 targets.

30 emberbits gained in 12.3s is definitely doable with berserking+meta+all your procs actually proccing when you expect them.
    Yes getting 4 embers within 12 seconds is very easy, however, getting 4 embers and spending 4 embers within 12 seconds seems strange to me. Though I do not play with beserking so maybe it makes a huge difference?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).