Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's fun making a group on KJ with Koopa Troopa and owning face... until they decide to hold down next to a GY and we finally get overwhelmed after 10 minutes T3T.

This is Blizzards cheap solution to world pvp on the 90 to 10 imbalanced pvp servers (which are most of them). I'm having some fun with it on my rogue at least. But it's a typical band aid fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...on my PvE server, I don't ever have to worry about it. On my PvP server, I think I got ganked a total of one time by something that was not a rogue. Every single other time it was a rogue, ganking only when I was fighting mobs. Ganking an undergeared toon in PvE gear? I could be stunlocked to death without even fighting a mob, why bother waiting?

LOL. I think I would need to roll a rogue and gear it out in PvP gear in order to enjoy the censer.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I like running into groups doing ordos or celestials - get hit by an AoE and then I get to unload on them.

Pro-tip: use stuff like Rime of the Mariner or the Aqua Jewel to turn yourself into a different color so they can't immediately tell that you're hostile.
    derp. name plate.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    If you were on a PvE server (especially a dead one like me), you wouldn't feel this way...

its funny having some pvp wanna bes using the censer to come up to me when grinding in full pve gear and island buff. 500k arcane barrage for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Yeah I love getting bursted down by a pve 570 item level douche like you. I can't even defend myself.

Thanks, Blizzard, for engaging me into world pvp I didn't sign up for.
    You did sign up when you created your character on a PvP server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    You did sign up when you created your character on a PvP server.
    Except people can grief you on PVE ones too since the mechanics allow you to be flagged accidentally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Hmm...on my PvE server, I don't ever have to worry about it. On my PvP server, I think I got ganked a total of one time by something that was not a rogue. Every single other time it was a rogue, ganking only when I was fighting mobs. Ganking an undergeared toon in PvE gear? I could be stunlocked to death without even fighting a mob, why bother waiting?

LOL. I think I would need to roll a rogue and gear it out in PvP gear in order to enjoy the censer.
    As a unholy deathknight with 496 PvP gear obtainable in honor I enjoy the censer despite the fully PvE geared guys with nearly 1M HP (Or more, just saw a warlock with 1M2 HP, didn't even tried to fight this one lol) which is more than the double of my HP bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    As a unholy deathknight with 496 PvP gear obtainable in honor I enjoy the censer despite the fully PvE geared guys with nearly 1M HP (Or more, just saw a warlock with 1M2 HP, didn't even tried to fight this one lol) which is more than the double of my HP bar.
    Unforunately for me, the toon I was on Timeless Isle with on my PvP server is a priest...main spec for the entirety of it's WoW career (was created in mid-BC) as some sort of healer. I went through last tier as a PvPer, so the character has full tyrannical, but it's healing gear. If I hope to kill anything while I'm there grinding, I need to be shadow, and even if I take into account not having the right gear for it, I've never played shadow much outside of leveling so I'm still somewhat unfamiliar with it, and it's not particularly in the best place balance-wise right now anyways.

I may level something for the pure purpose of PvP at some point though, perhaps a lock or DK. I've never, ever, ever been able to give in and make a rogue. Almost every one I know who liked leveling alts leveled one just to say they did and then ditched it because they hated it so much.

Censer of Eternal Douchebaggery.

How nice of Blizzard to contribute to the community's toxicity problem with extra incentives to cause toxic behaviour.

One would say that it was a mistake by Blizzard to allow killing your own faction as it's not fun (well I'm sure it is for about 10% of the community) nor improving the game in any way, but then we also have the item level elitism encouraging problem, another issue which isn't improving the game in any way nor is it fun.

Shooting oneself in the foot once is stupidity, doing it twice is going full-retard and Blizzard is running out of bullets doing just that. No wonder the game is down to less than half the playerbase it had back when it was an actual great game, it just needs someone to pull the string and flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Except people can grief you on PVE ones too since the mechanics allow you to be flagged accidentally.
    So don't flag? The mechanics are fine you can start PvP combat out of nowhere when you see somebody instead of stopping and flagging while they move away

Standing in front of you isn't griefing, because you in no way need to touch me AND Blizzard has implemented systems to allow you to do such. Pay attention and report any hugged spells, AoE doesn't flag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbix View Post
    Censer of Eternal Douchebaggery.

How nice of Blizzard to contribute to the community's toxicity problem with extra incentives to cause toxic behaviour.

One would say that it was a mistake by Blizzard to allow killing your own faction as it's not fun (well I'm sure it is for about 10% of the community) nor improving the game in any way, but then we also have the item level elitism encouraging problem, another issue which isn't improving the game in any way nor is it fun.

Shooting oneself in the foot once is stupidity, doing it twice is going full-retard and Blizzard is running out of bullets doing just that. No wonder the game is down to less than half the playerbase it had back when it was an actual great game, it just needs someone to pull the string and flush.
    Wow, so many meaningless buzzwords its like you want to share a view with everybody so you make the vaguest statement possible.

It is NOT your faction when you use the censor, players have been asking for some sort of betrayal item for a long time now, wish granted. What the hell do you mean item level elitism? Those with better gear are better? Holy crap better get that fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Betrayer option also kind of makes it ok to be a total jerk to your own faction member. They opened that door and the door is opened. If people want to do shit to their own faction fine but don't expect them to hug you and brofist you when you see them often.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Censer of Eternal Agony is an awful item, hopefully Blizzard will never again introduce such item(s) in the future.

And no, I've probably gotten killed once or twice during this patch. I've my ways out, but it brings out the worst of players. Killing "own faction" members without any penalties is just bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Area 52 PVE server, when ever someone is using the Censer I just avoid them. I use to love PVP and was on a PVP server for nearly 7 years but got really sick of the ganking especially since it became unbalanced. The censer has never really been an issue for my I just ignore the people that jump around you waiting for you to accidentally flag yourself. I did get killed by a mage using it because I accidentally used killing spree near him and flagged myself, didn't even notice till he had me down to 20% health.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    The only thing I find daft is that censer users can't attack eachother. Being on a medium populated PvE realm makes farming coins almost impossible, and I think Blizzard should do something to help out the people in my situation. It just makes no sense, the people who flag themselves for PvP and want to engage into PvP aren't able to, and instead we need to hope someone on the isle just came out of a battleground or something.

While I dislike the censer itself simply because I'm not a fan of running around and 2-shotting people in far worse gear, I do want a fair shot at earning these achievements. Luckily one of my guildies is able to get me on a PvP server but he's not around all the time either.

I don't PvP much, but honestly I see no issue with it. People just need to learn to laugh stuff off. So you got ganked fighting a mob? You've lost 30 seconds of time and MAYBE one kill. If it's that much of an issue, get a group. Or crossrealm to a different server. Or do what I do and "accidentally" get them caught in one of the god awful aoe's on the isle. I have dispersion, rogues...don't.

WW monks with Censer are the worst thing ever. "I'm gonna fight everyone around the Yaungol near where Huolon spawns, until it looks like I might be in trouble, then I'll double roll FSK off the cliff into the water and run"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Only if you're not careful. AoE doesn't flag you, and you just have to be careful clicking on things.

I think I've only ever gotten someone one coin, on any of my toons, and that's because the guy had a pocket healer, who eventually realized he wasn't getting any coins, because those are on killing blows only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    There are a few things I wish were different with the Censer.

I wish it made you truly hostile FFA, not a "3rd faction". When all the people looking to gank are ganged up looking for newbs, it's kinda disgusting.
    I wish you got coins for killing those who are censered. Occasionally I'll have to suicide and drop my censer to clear out the other people that have censered and mob-gank people leaving everyone debuffed.
    I do think that the guards at the Celestial Court should be hostile; you're declaring yourself a minion of their primary enemy, Ordos, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issari View Post
    I don't PvP much, but honestly I see no issue with it. People just need to learn to laugh stuff off. So you got ganked fighting a mob? You've lost 30 seconds of time and MAYBE one kill. If it's that much of an issue, get a group. Or crossrealm to a different server. Or do what I do and "accidentally" get them caught in one of the god awful aoe's on the isle. I have dispersion, rogues...don't.
    People tend to not expect their own faction to go after them like animals. Opposite faction? Yeah I'd expect it. Case in point: The item was an experiment but a bad one indeed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi