Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    Many that have whined about the LFR and the loot give away seem to not have as much of problem with really given them away now. If your going to be up in arms over LFR gear give away, you should be even more pissed about giving gear for looting a chest, because this does require anything and is extremely lazy on Blizzard to have allowed this in the first place.
    Everyone who cared about the integrity of the game already quit - that's why you're not seeing a big ruckus about it.

All you have left is the hurp-derp crowd, some PvP'ers that don't care about LFR/TI, the guys who raid 'seriously' and the occasional guy like me who tries to navigate the piss stained swampland that the game has become for the most part and only stick around because friends are still playing (who pay for my subscription by the way).

Yay, more people that can not comprehend the complexity of a 3 digit I Level and is forced to rely on color coding instead.

It's not fun to think the same as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantil View Post
    I don't think you understand what welfare means. There is basically no reason for someone geared in current normal mode raid epics to farm timeless isle for the BoA epics, other than perhaps to loot the one time only chests. Starting on the isle in blues is by no means grounds for concern. Within 4 hours of hitting 90 in quest greens and a few dungeon blues, I had a warlock geared in full 496/535 epics with the exception of a second trinket and a weapon (476 from the AH).

Welfare means giving someone something for doing basically nothing, which is exactly what the timeless isle is. Looting chests and tagging a mob with one spell to get enough free gear to be able to immediately jump into a current raid is not what vanilla or BC were about. It started in Wrath, and now has become out of control. And no, it has not always existed. The only way to get epics in vanilla was to buy them from the AH if you were lucky, get one from a specific dungeon boss if you were extremely lucky, or raid. If you wanted more than 2-3 epics, you were doing at least Zul'Gurub, most likely MC. And while those raids became much easier as new raids were released and people were able to be carried through them by players with higher tier gear, it still required time, effort, drop luck, etc.

If you spent a few nights a week raiding during the first tier of this expansion, then you took a break and came back and discovered that any could go 1-90 and out gear you all in the span of a week, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?
    I dont get this at all, how in the flying spaghetti monster does that affect you what so ever?? please explain how someone else having some gear changes your gameplay at all, how does it affect anything to you personally at all? You dont even need to explain because the answer is already known, which is, it has no affect what so ever to you at all and should really be of no concern to you. It is like complaining that someone somewhere is getting paid more than you in some job somewhere, nonsensical.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Actually Id like to see them get rid of the daily cooldowns in favor of more components coming from raid drops
    Why, exactly?

The way to bypass the 21 or 30 day cooldown requirement is with the raid drops.

People can get free gear 60 item levels below what the standard people that try get. Let's complain!

No one cares about the color of loot anymore and no one has since 2007, the ilevel matters. Why do you care what someone else can get in the first place?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there was some dude complaining that you could pick up off the ground gear that was 8 ilevels below what you could obtain from the previous tier's LFR.

Is this what the game has come to?

I mean seriously what the fuck.

If you spent a few nights a week raiding during the first tier of this expansion, then you took a break and came back and discovered that any could go 1-90 and out gear you all in the span of a week, wouldn't you be a little pissed off?
    I did exactly this and I'm not at all pissed off. Raided at start of MoP, progressed half way through heroic modes before guild collapsed and then I unsubbed until now. If anything I'm pissed off that we're only getting an easy 496 set, I'd rather have it higher.

My normal/heroic MSV gear and Timeless Isle gear are useless now and I'm facing the same reason that I quit: too much of the game is about gear so you either keep raiding even when you'd want to take a break or you take that break and come back to find that you can't raid because you don't have gear. 496 gear is meaningless at this point of the expac, you might as well be wearing greens as much as pugs and guilds are concerned, and the idea of doing LFR garbage for weeks so I can get back to proper raiding isn't exactly getting me excited.

I hope they end up with some sort of squish between different gear modes. The gap between low geared and high geared is way too high now.

That has happened at the end of EVERY EXPANSION. TBC with ZA justice gear. WoTLK with new 5-mans and Emblems of Frost gear. Cata with LFR Dragon Soul. It's called catch-up for alts and lowbies. Is MoP your first expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to suppose that if the same items with the same ilevel and same stats were being passed out on Timeless Isle as blue items this thread wouldn't exist. Which only goes to show how stupid the text color system is and how many players are too taken in by that and the word 'epic'.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-23 at 08:01 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Easily accessible shit with the same ilevel from heart of fear/terrace on normal mode, which was 2 tiers ago.

More time consuming grindy way of obtaining gear with the same ilevel as last tier's heroic mode gear.

The second part is a bit excessive, despite how grindy it would be to get a full set of the stuff, but first part I have no problems with.

And really in Cata you could farm up gear that is just as good as normal mode current tier gear by running dungeons and shit. I'd say this is an improvement.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

There are two things I dislike about the timeless isle gear. First thing is that it is too easy to get, you just walk up to a chest, done. I like to be rewarded for actually doing gameplay instead. I have 5 level 90s and it takes me about 20 minutes of no combat at all on each character to get a total of 20 timeless isle pieces. This is an MMORPG, it just doesn't feel good to me to get so many rewards without fighting anyone for it.

Second problem I have is taht it makes dungeons completely irrelevant. I like dungeons, and they should be a part of pve progression, but since the gear is so far behind TI gear, they feel like a step back instead.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

They should've made the tokens and 496 items blue just so they don't clutter guild info pages imo

Deleted
    They had no new dungeons, which basically did the same exact same thing as what they did on timeless, gave you "welfare" loot. Stop complaining, welfare loot has been around since I can remember.

This is almost as bad as the random threads about how MoP is a childish expansion ONE YEAR into the expansion, completely mind blowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the TBC system of losing arena matches or BGs for epics didn't count as "welfare epics"... owait... isn't that where the term came from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    God forbid loot that has an ilvl that dates back a year ago.
    Remember: everyone wants everyone who isn't them to be in greens and blues well into the next expansion.

Which is what happened in Cata and subs dropped like crazy, because being locked into wiping on 2+ hour long heroics was what people thought they wanted based on
    "vanilla popular opinions."

the point of timeless isle is to lower the profits of enchanters before killing the profession off entirely next expansion.

also 496 + dreadwastes quest weapon + one 437 trinket = 1 hour in throne of thunder lfr to replace both and then queue for soo
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Deleted
    Wrath was worse with tier available for emblems of frost.

Timeless isle is incredibly disposable though. A Couple of visits and you're done.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always one, isn't there.

People have spent the past year crying like babies that MoP has been WoW unfriendly. The moment it becomes alt friendly (the epic BoA drops on TI) people start...... crying like babies. No pleasing some people.

Timeless Isle is more than just looting "welfare epics" anyway. I'm still awaiting my Spineclaw Crab drop on my server because the damned thing spawns like once a week. Despite people killing crabs all of the time.

The term welfare epics may have originated with arena gear, but true welfare began technically with the last patch of BC, when they added the badge of justice system. Running karazhan to gear up a character was legitimate, but running karazhan while getting currency that you could use to purchase BT quality gear was what spawned this whole thing. Come Wrath, blues were practically more rare than epics. There's a reason blizzard changed Cata heroics to only drop blues, because they wanted epics to mean something again. Sadly that disappeared after the first patch again.
    Not really. You could get the previous seasons arena gear (including weapon and all) with honor in TBC. That lead to people afk'ing a few matches in AV and then get epics, up to full epic sets. And back then the PvP stats were ok in PvE for certain classes.