Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    I was a shadow priest all through the expansion, a class that was neither known for its massive damage output (mana battery) nor its amazing CC. I don't really recall a group ragequitting through a run I was in, and every class had SOME form of crowd control.
    I gave up on Shadow Priest at the beginning of Cataclysm because I was pretty much worthless unless there were undead in the instance. I got kicked from many a group simply because we didn't have enough CC and I had nothing to contribute in that regard. So if they start taking away CCs again they need to tailor trash pulls accordingly. If the go back to Cataclysm-style dungeon difficulty (like they claimed they were) then they need to leave the CC alone. Otherwise it'll be Cataclysm all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You had/have root/mc/fear? Its not like you dont have any CC as SP.
    MC only works on Humanoids and effectively takes you out of the fight, so there was a significant DPS loss. Fear had to be glyphed to be effective, and even then it was only good for eight seconds. SP's Root only works against undead, so in most instances it was completely worthless. I switched to my Shaman because between bind elemental and hex I could CC almost anything.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Contextual links so I know what we're talking about!

love your signature. surprised it has not gotten you an infraction.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The need for CC's was not a good mechanism for dungeons when the capability of each class to bring suitable ones varied considerably.
    I saw many ragequits from a group because it was lacking a certain class or spec.

Players whine about something but are too short-sighted to see any reasons other than the one they fabricated in their own mind.

Those complaining about lack of CC's will also complain about class homogenisation, when in reality that is exactly what the game would need more of to meet their expectations.
    They want one thing which is completely contradictory to another they want.

As has been stated before, the players do not know what they want.
    i know what i want. to go into a bg and not see stun>fear>silence>fear>stun>poly>stun>cyclone>fear>fear...ect..ect...
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

You could remove every form of CC and the game would be the same as it is today. I have yet to a see a single sheep or sap from a rogue for a pack of mobs in a five man since TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    You could remove every form of CC and the game would be the same as it is today. I have yet to a see a single sheep or sap from a rogue for a pack of mobs in a five man since TBC.
    you should try some arena
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    I feel like people really exaggerate this to drive a point home. I very rarely experienced this phenomenon through BC and only really noticed it with H MgT where a group with a mage made the run significantly easier due to the large humanoid groups, but even then classes of all sorts got to run through it.
    Neither did I. People ragequitting usually aren't good enough for the challenge. While I usually had some form of CC, I loved to get creative with the classes. I never took a mage into dungeons. I preferred rogues, warlocks or hunters over them and got some hate for it, because everyone just pugged with mages. Ironically, it was the mages feeling left out, not the group... those dudes usually were happy to display the skill they had using their form of CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    i know what i want. to go into a bg and not see stun>fear>silence>fear>stun>poly>stun>cyclone>fear>fear...ect..ect...

yep. and pvp is the ONLY reason for any push to remove CC. it was never unmanageable in any past dungeon/raid content. it was only yet another test of skill in playing your class. in B.C. a good hunter could keep a mob trapped while kiting a third the entire length of a fight. now you ask a hunter to cc an individual mob just for the duration of the initial pull and you are usually in trouble.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Nobody gives a crap about arena. It's ruined PvE quite enough as it has, no need to justify any more changes/not changes with arena. It's never going to be "fine" in arena. Ever. Until Blizzard finally decides to make a true spell split with each spell having one PvE aspect and a PvP aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    LOL it will be a cold day in Hell before I set foot in any area or PVP area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget impatient players, the sole reason i raid in a guild, in every pug i join there is always some people ragequitting after one wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Dont forget impatient players, the sole reason i raid in a guild, in every pug i join there is always some people ragequitting after one wipe.
    And half of the time they are the problem and the subsequent bosses are no problem at all. I'm always amazed at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Seen someone quit a Vanilla dungeon LFD because I was pulling 5 seconds below his/her standard and said person raged quit after 3 mob pulls (was using 5 seconds to loot stuff)

Seems people just want GOGOGO and YOLO mode these days

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And half of the time they are the problem and the subsequent bosses are no problem at all. I'm always amazed at that...
    It's pretty hilarious actually. Yesterday I zoned into a Scarlet Halls heroic that the previous healer had left. The tank was running from boss to boss without stopping, not even bothering to actually grab aggro. We killed the second to last boss and he immediately ran off and pulled the remaining groups up to the boss. We all caught up to him and immediately pulled aggro off of him (not just me; the entire party). The next thirty seconds were non-stop stuns and group-wide AoE. After we wiped he said, "Why is everyone so slow today?" After we VTKed him I commented that we were all there but that his failure to keep aggro is what screwed us over. The group said that the previous healer had left for that reason. The next tank zoned in a minute later, and we finished the rest of the instance in a couple of minutes. I'm amazed at how oblivious some players are. I still couldn't tell if the guy was stupid or just trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how removing some forms of CC would have any effect on a tank. I haven't seen CC used in a dungeon since the first month of Cata before the 5 man nerf. Aside from tossing a trap or quick sap no one uses it.

Removing interrupts. Now that would be an issue but then again most people don't do that either in 5 mans or even LFR.