Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Hey, you actually had to move a few meters to pick the reject ending.

Gears of War combat.
    There's tons of games with shooter elements and cover. I wonder why you chose this game in particular?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I dont remember space pulling doubleduty on everything pre-3.
    I'm fairly certain it did on 2 too.

Personally I didn't mind the ending. For me the whole third game was an ending, as I saw the conclusion of what I considered to be the real stories - that of the Krogan and Geth/Quarian situations. I found those to be much more interesting and involving than the Reapers invasion which was just some unfathomable cosmic horror we'd need a deus-ex-machina to take down, and as deus-ex-machina go I appreciated the Asimovian final choice even if it was (initially) a bit brief.

Just had a thought,
    Wouldn't it be incredibly awesome to see political factions forming in the fourth game? Such as a Krogan - Human alliance, emerged from an honor bond based around N7 operatives, Shepard spesifically, curing the genophage. Witnessing a bromance between Humanity and the most unlikely of all species, Krogan military defending Human rights in every chance they get and so on, would certainly be unusual.

Let's assume that the emerging factions have disagreements over the ownership of dead reaper shells and weaponry, causing an Allies - Axis situation in the long run. An adventure with no greater evil to defeat, nothing heroic, and certainly not a monomyth. Just playing a character struggling to survive and accomplish his personal or national goals in his own way, in a galaxy at war. That would be refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA, different people on the team, and gears of war.

Even better when you play Deus Ex; HR and get to the ending(s).
    "Adam, pick a button and press it for an ending."

Me: "Really? That's it? I push a fucking button?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This does not classify as "bad" about ME3 specifically since all three games have GoW combat.

Besides, I belong to the minority that thinks that the ending was good actually. Yes, it is illogical and confusing. But it is probably the most emotional ending I have ever seen in both video games and movies. Especially with Extended Cut. They really kicked it with the music and cinematic. It is definitely better than in other Bioware games with their generic happy ends.
    I . . . might have shed a few tears of manily manhood at the end. Manly tears, may I point out.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Adam, pick a button and press it for an ending."

Me: "Really? That's it? I push a fucking button?"

- - - Updated - - -

I . . . might have shed a few tears of manily manhood at the end. Manly tears, may I point out.

When I was going up the elevator, I was like " YES! Now, all will be reveled!"
    Then the catalyst happened.. "Oh..."
    Then the R-G-B Ending happened.. "......Oh"
    Then the old man/kid started to talk "..............."

Then I turned my PC off and went to bed, felt bad man.

Of course. Nothing else to be expected.

Deleted
    Yes, Mass Effect have brought forth the sorrow to shed manly tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that finds the Vanguard class infuriating ? I have to freaking spam charge in order for it to work sometimes... this is really aggravating especially in multiplayer where charge can save lives ... there's a dude basically 5 feet in front of me and it just won't fucking charge him at all for whatever reason...

Deleted
    He might be farsighted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    other than the ending, what was so bad about ME3? I thought it was great.
    It's the ending that people have trouble with. It's the ending that ruins the game for a lot of people. It's still a great game, but not as great as it could have been if it had a better ending. As the ending is the last thing you experience, it can often decide your opinion. The journey can be great, but if the destination sucks, the fun you had during the journey won't matter.

Right now, Mass Effect 2 beats Mass Effect 3 by a very small margin on the list of best games I've ever played. If Mass Effect 3 did not have such a horrible ending, it would have bashed Mass Effect 2 into the ground and might have actually been the best game I've ever played.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-12-25 at 12:33 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Right now, Mass Effect 2 beats Mass Effect 3 by a very small margin on the list of best games I've ever played. If Mass Effect 3 did not have such a horrible ending, it would have bashed Mass Effect 2 into the ground and might have actually been the best game I've ever played.
    I personally think that Mass Effect 2 has also failed at ending. The whole suicidal mission was amazing, but the human Reaper was meh. I expected something more epic, like fighting Harbinger himself, or some kind of Collector leader... definitely not fighting oversized T-800.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I personally think that Mass Effect 2 has also failed at ending. The whole suicidal mission was amazing, but the human Reaper was meh. I expected something more epic, like fighting Harbinger himself, or some kind of Collector leader... definitely not fighting oversized T-800.
    At least the game had a proper boss fight at the very end, something ME3 lacked.

I actually enjoyed the lack of a boss fight. Too few games go that route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    At least the game had a proper boss fight at the very end, something ME3 lacked.
    Boss fight isn't a pinnacle of game design. And to me the missile-defending thing at the end was a bossfight enough. A lot better than having one sucker who just likes to be a sponge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    But why should every game have a "proper boss fight"? Doesn't that concept get old and boring?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Marauder Shields was the boss, you silly gooses.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks. I haven't played ME3 yet and don't know the story, so I'm doing my best to avoid reading any of the posts in this thread. I just got the digital deluxe edition during Amazons digital sale and I want the "good" DLC's which have better endings. I've heard that I should get the extended cut DLC and the Citadel DLC. Are there any others I should buy? I want to get and install them before I start playing. I just finished ME1 and I'm working on finishing ME2 again so I can have a perfect save file to bring over. Thanks for the advice.

Leviathan DLC has some good lore in there if you are into that.

I thought the Omega was the weakest DLC out of all of them but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you can skip Omega, unless you are into female Turians or Aria.
    Leviathan has some puzzles (hidden object, quests) in it for you to solve and provides some Reaper lore.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome guys. I appreciate the recommendations. I'll probably grab Extended (is that free?), Citadel and Leviathan.