Greatsaw Greatsword or Precursor? Greatswords!

So I've been taking a break from GW2 since around Halloween 2012. I ended up getting a Greatsaw skin and saving it. I just started playing quite a bit again and noticed the massive prices that people have put in for orders on the Saw. With that I can buy the precursor Greatsword Dawn with some change or Dusk.

What do you guys think is the cooler sword in terms of looks and value.

Any opinion shared is greatly appreciated =]

Or just post your favorite greatsword! There are lots of new ones I haven't seen
    Last edited by Pizzakid2093; 2013-12-26 at 05:04 AM.

Greatsaw skin will forever to continue to go up in price but legendary are cooler looking and you can change their stats at will and contain 2 infusion slots.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Greatsaw skin will forever to continue to go up in price but legendary are cooler looking and you can change their stats at will and contain 2 infusion slots.
    you can change their stats at will now? that is pretty cool. How do they work now that there is that ascended gear though?

personally my favorite greatswords are the Claymore of the Sunless (drops from Tequatl)

and the Crystal Guardian (champion box drop)

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    you can change their stats at will now? that is pretty cool. How do they work now that there is that ascended gear though?
    Their stats are the same as ascended now. Out of combat you can change it to any existing stat combination. 2h have 2 infusion slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    personally my favorite greatswords are the Claymore of the Sunless (drops from Tequatl)

and the Crystal Guardian (champion box drop)

The Crystal one is amazing. I have a bad feeling about all the Greatswords I am going to end up hoarding >.>

I still need to make a decision about this damned Greatsaw. It is quite cool, but the fact that there won't be any more is always tantalizing in an MMO. Though I do love the legendaries. Or I could just keep all that gold and work towards getting a bunch of other amazing Swords

It is only tantalizing if you are going to use the skin. If it is just gonna collect dust it is not much of an accomplishment if nobody knows about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Twilights and Sunrises all day long but the Chainsaw always makes me stop and go whoa (infinitely cooler when a Charr is wielding it for some reason!)

Just depends on the look you want really, I like the Cobalt for my norn guardian, but it goes with her icy blue look and has some quite showy effects also.

Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is only tantalizing if you are going to use the skin. If it is just gonna collect dust it is not much of an accomplishment if nobody knows about it.
    I do indeed mean using the skin. It would be silly to hold a skin to appreciate in value if I thought it was the best looking one. I also opened it myself so it would feel pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I see Twilights and Sunrises all day long but the Chainsaw always makes me stop and go whoa (infinitely cooler when a Charr is wielding it for some reason!)

Just depends on the look you want really, I like the Cobalt for my norn guardian, but it goes with her icy blue look and has some quite showy effects also.
    Those are some amazing screens, thank you for sharing. Looks great with both the armor and the profession

Deleted
    So many great skins ^^ I'd say go what you feel like you wanna have. I got my Sunrise a few days ago, and I'm really really happy with it!
    Before that I often played with the Cobalt and Chiroptophobia. But I gave the last one to my warrior cause of Sunrise.

I think the Greatsaw is pretty cool! But not my style/doesn't fit any characters of mine.

Jesus the Greatsaw now has 1100 gold orders put in. It looks amazing, and I'm so close to just using the darned thing but I'm worried Anet would bring it back like they have with some other skins

Deleted
    Greatsaw is all gorry and shit, but dem lights on Sunrise sure look shiny. And don't get me started on the footprints and magic aura that comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Greatsaw is all gorry and shit, but dem lights on Sunrise sure look shiny. And don't get me started on the footprints and magic aura that comes out of it.
    I do really like the skybox inside it myself

And to think Greatsaw went for as low as ~220g back around Sept/Oct... Now it's over 1000g :/
    Does anyone actually know what happened though? I guess people were expecting it to make a return during Halloween, and when they found out it's not coming back prices suddenly skyrocketed.

just like any limited edition item, the more time passes the more that item's perceived value will rise