Tip: Instead of giving your computer a good dusting, try a good de-dusting!

15+ Year Old Account
    I have had a horrible day, my graphics card decided to die. I Thought it was my ram, but nothing wrong there. At first I tried my motherboard, but it does not support 1440p, so I got on my old gpu and that worked. Ill try my 'good' one tomorrow, lets lets it sit.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-12-22 at 01:35 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What GPU is it? D:
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What GPU is it? D:
    My old one is a 6950(flashed to 6970) so it is not too bad, my new on is a Sapphire 7970 ghz. This is not like it is random or anything, it has caused me random flashes and recenltly crash a xhutter in audio/video lag, though this is bad time as all the video cards prices are all up...>.< Maybe I can get it rma.

Does anyone have any experience with Sphhire rma/ticket process?
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-12-22 at 05:35 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

An external hard drive that was configured on a mac isn't recognized by Windows? What the fuuuuck??!! Apple just lives to keep their hands around the consumer's neck , dont they...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    An external hard drive that was configured on a mac isn't recognized by Windows? What the fuuuuck??!! Apple just lives to keep their hands around the consumer's neck , dont they...
    That's not at all surprising, pretty sure they use different file-systems or something or other.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That's not at all surprising, pretty sure they use different file-systems or something or other.
    I cant quite remember what it was, but yes, apple use a different filesystem.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    So... after many tears and mucho blood... I finally figured out what was causing the buzzing in my speakers, especially when GPU is under heavy load.

RCA.

Fuck you RCA.

What I did... was grabbed the cable I had originally planned to use for my XLR mic before I bought the Blue Snowball... and just went one speaker (only have one of the cables) and prayed to God it would work. OH MY GOD it immediately was night and day. ALL BUZZING GONE. ALL ELECTRICAL NOISES GONE!

Hitting Monoprice again for a gold splitter, another 3.5mm to TRS and 1/4 inch TRS cable. This will fix all the problems!

"A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold splitter? Not good enough, need a platinum quality one at the least, preferably mjolnir quality. Bettar audioz.

Also this is my first message on mmo-c posted from my phone. Good lord how do people type like this...my glorious keyboard skillz are useless here
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Just ordered a QNIX QX2710, I'm excited for it to get here! I also ordered (and already received) a DXRacer Smooth Chief and I'll be picking up my new desk the first weekend of January, after that my setup upgrade will be complete.

Now all I need is the position I've accepted to open up (so I can get my own apartment) and I'll be set!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how high i must place my 2312HM on the stand. I could not even imagine the amount of books that i'd have to place below that QNIX :P

On another note, shadowplay is awesome. I've finaly been able to test it a bit, also tested the twitch feature. Works sublime. Only annoyance right now is the lack of quality settings. 60fps is wasted if youtube or most videohosting sites are restricted to 30.

As long as I've loved newegg, I'm quite disappointed with how they've handled AMD GPU pricing as of late.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125499

$150 on top of MSRP because they know it's the best card with the best cooling solution for mining. Blatently price gouging is not cool, this reeks of toy stores in the 90's selling Furbys and such for $150 during the holidays.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahhaaahah holy shit NO
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    As long as I've loved newegg, I'm quite disappointed with how they've handled AMD GPU pricing as of late.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125499

$150 on top of MSRP because they know it's the best card with the best cooling solution for mining. Blatently price gouging is not cool, this reeks of toy stores in the 90's selling Furbys and such for $150 during the holidays.
    supply vs demand

you can thank litecoin for the supply problem

10+ Year Old Account
    $700 for a 290X...what the actual fuck? Yeah mining is partly responsible, but this is probably the weirdest thing that has ever happened in the GPU market.

So currently 780 Ti is a no-brainer: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125489
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-12-26 at 09:05 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Same. Deltrus and I were actually complaining about that to each other a few days ago, it's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Yeah mining is partly responsible
    As far as I can tell, it is 100% responsible. There are no issues with manufacturing as far as I know, the cards are just flying off the shelves due to the current mining craze.

Well this card with samsung memory gets 600Khash/s at 1175MHz@1.036V/7000MHz. If I could somehow get that modded bios to run stable on my system I could easily get 1300MHz@1.21V same goes for my other 780 with elpida memory. Now it's just undervolting like hell and needs more power to get higher clocks. I don't really see the point of buying that R9 280x just for mining if a 780ti can get close to its hashrate and performing a lot better in games.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

What, why blame newegg? That's how businesses work. Supplies sell out even with this price. It's still less money than here
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What, why blame newegg? That's how businesses work. Supplies sell out even with this price. It's still less money than here
    I can't get any 280x here in belgium and the price is still at 300eur so that's how newegg should deal.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D