Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    -snip-
    I got most of the ones you listed, saw through a lot of mod spotlight and top weekly mods. The modding community is amazing, so much extra to do because of them. All these stories, quests etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/
    As for gameplay changes, id also recommend this one. Completely delevels the world, rebalances items and upping the difficulty in general among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have not even touched the mods that actually ADD content. I'll wait until I'm through the original game...which I'm at 119 hours on my main character now.

The craziest thing about the modding community is that whenever I am playing and I think, "you know...it would be cool if I could [blank]", I've gone to the Nexus and found the mod. Like last night I thought, "it would be cool if I could dual wield daggers, but have the offhand in a reverse grip". Sure enough, there's the mod sitting on Nexus!

I should start playing with mods more extensively. I got over 800h played, but I have only once or twice modded anything out of QoL mods. So... basically good ol' skyrim, but stuff like that horses dont agro on anything (like dragons) and maybe some other minor stuff. I dont know how I managed to get that high played and basically playing the same old game again and again and again...

A week ago I started playing again and atm I play like I usually do, but I dont use quick travel or abuse stuff to level up skills (i think I was going to do that a long time ago, but didnt) ... maybe I should up the difficulty too a bit. With quick travel you start to miss stuff like being attacked by a tiger randomly...

Most of the suggested mods are stuff that change ui, adjust abilities, looks, ect, but its all the same where I look. When I did look for quests and similar stuff, I rarely found any interesting quest lines or dungeons. I understand it is large project to make proper stuff, but even the best ones (the ones I tried) were not that good. Maybe my expectations are too high, but none I have found are exactly something I really liked. :/
    Last edited by Morae; 2013-12-26 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I should start playing with mods more extensively. I got over 800h played, but I have only once or twice modded anything out of QoL mods. So... basically good ol' skyrim, but stuff like that horses dont agro on anything (like dragons) and maybe some other minor stuff. I dont know how I managed to get that high played and basically playing the same old game again and again and again...

A week ago I started playing again and atm I play like I usually do, but I dont use quick travel or abuse stuff to level up skills (i think I was going to do that a long time ago, but didnt) ... maybe I should up the difficulty too a bit. With quick travel you start to miss stuff like being attacked by a tiger randomly...

Most of the suggested mods are stuff that change ui, adjust abilities, looks, ect, but its all the same where I look. When I did look for quests and similar stuff, I rarely found any interesting quest lines or dungeons. I understand it is large project to make proper stuff, but even the best ones (the ones I tried) were not that good. Maybe my expectations are too high, but none I have found are exactly something I really liked. :/
    have you tried falskaar? 20+ hours of added content.

Deleted
    just wondering, sorry if its already been answered on this page, but with mods, do you need the DLC for them to work? or do are all/most of the mods available without the DLC?

some mods require certain DLC's, should say on the mod if they require them

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    have you tried falskaar? 20+ hours of added content.
    Yeah, but not recently. I may have to try it again since the last time I tried it (if they have added enough stuff. 20h content sound more than last time), there was only some big dungeon full of draugr. I started to get bored killing them. Otherwise everything else was basically empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    just wondering, sorry if its already been answered on this page, but with mods, do you need the DLC for them to work? or do are all/most of the mods available without the DLC?
    Like Doozer said, most mods will not require any DLC. Some will require Dawnguard, but I haven't seen any that require Dragonborn. Some will also prompt you to DL a different file if you don't have Dawnguard. Good thing is, most mods have enough info in them that they will tell you what other mods you might need and what mods might cause conflicts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Yeah, but not recently. I may have to try it again since the last time I tried it (if they have added enough stuff. 20h content sound more than last time), there was only some big dungeon full of draugr. I started to get bored killing them. Otherwise everything else was basically empty.
    I'll have to look for the names, but there are 3 mega DLC-sized mods being worked on now that are on par with Falskaar. I saw them on "Skyrim Mods Weekly" on YouTube not long ago.

I've also seem some content mods that add in an epic series of Boss fights around Skyrim as well as a recreation of Diablo 1 named "The Cathedral".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Doozer said, most mods will not require any DLC. Some will require Dawnguard, but I haven't seen any that require Dragonborn. Some will also prompt you to DL a different file if you don't have Dawnguard. Good thing is, most mods have enough info in them that they will tell you what other mods you might need and what mods might cause conflicts.
    There are some that require Dragonborn and some that require all of them. Just have to read the fine print. I've been looking forward to Falskaar, but I still have like...hundreds of hours of base game to get through. Every night I make a goal to knock out some quests from my log and just end up with 20 new ones in their place.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    There are some that require Dragonborn and some that require all of them. Just have to read the fine print. I've been looking forward to Falskaar, but I still have like...hundreds of hours of base game to get through. Every night I make a goal to knock out some quests from my log and just end up with 20 new ones in their place.
    LOL YES! That has been me the past few weeks. I think I spent one evening just arranging the weapons and armor in my house, that way all my ingredients and components are neatly stacked...of course for some reason my daggers love to shimmy out of the closed display cases... =/

But yeah, I try to stay immersive, but at the same time I just want to clear out my backlog of quests. I avoid talking to people outside of my quest objectives for this reason.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But yeah, I try to stay immersive, but at the same time I just want to clear out my backlog of quests. I avoid talking to people ouside of my quest objectives for this reason.
    When I first started playing, I was talking to everyone I saw because the world was so alive. Then every single person had a quest for me. I was astounded at how awesome that was. Fast forward a couple of days and I run from NPCs like they have the plague. I dread those times I step out of one of my homes in a city and a messenger stops me. I try to kill them so they won't give me more quests, but you can't lol. It's honestly not a bad thing, so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. That game is like a nonstop A.D.D adventure.
    BAD WOLF

i couldnt find enough time to finish this game

I just started playing and wondering how is being a mage in skyrim? Like can i choose to be the magicka route sorta thing like mage or warlock or is most of the combat in this game melee and magic is sorta a side thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I just started playing and wondering how is being a mage in skyrim? Like can i choose to be the magicka route sorta thing like mage or warlock or is most of the combat in this game melee and magic is sorta a side thing?
    unless modded magic is kinda crap other than restoration and i think illusion theres not much point going for magic/spell stuff

but you can use a sword and then magic in the other hand or you can favourite your weapon/spells to easily switch between them when needed

but im not sure about a specifc "class" since any race can use any skill (except for racials obviously)

midas magic is a good mod.

I think theres other ones as well that expand upon the 'mage' archetype but I don't know the names off the top of my head.

Get the Apocalypse Spell Pack and SkyRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without modding, the magic in Skyrim does not scale well at all. The good news is that there are a lot of magic mods that make magic viable, such as Mighty Magick or Forgotten Magic. They take different routes of re-balancing magic, so you have to read up on them and try them out to see if its your cup of tea.

It is possible to play the game with unmodded magic. Its sort of tedious, though. To make even slightest dents on your enemies you will have to run around waiting for your mana to regenerate so that you can use powerfull enough spells. Later in the game when you get that master level lightning skill, you can shoot down dragons from the sky...

If you are going to play unmodded magic character, you are going to need tons of extra mana. High elf is good for that. Never used it myself, though. They look ugly.

Conjuration is your friend. Those atronarchs cost tons of mana, but they can usually block enemies from getting to you or actually kill them while you regenerate mana. I found it fun to summon those lightning atronarchs and then cast chain lightnings on them so it jumps directly to enemies without having to aim. Illusion is good, if you are using stealth. Many of the magic schools have something usefull for unmodded caster. I think there was magic absorb alteration or maybe restoration, mana regen, making yourself more durable, casts make no sound, ect.

Unmodded casters just cant go about pwning everything like non casters and you have to pick abilities that are actually usefull and use them too. Melee can just go in and beat whatever buttons you want and mobs tend to die in one or two hits.
    Last edited by Morae; 2013-12-27 at 03:37 PM.

Started off pretty boring but i hung in there and once i started getting some spells and my FUS RO DAH thing going on it is mighty fun to play. Though i feel kinda cheap doing the invisible chest trick in dawnguard (or dawnfall or something) but hey this game is huge a little extra loot isn't going to really make or break it.