Hunter WoD Concepts

Been looking through a ton of threads about what hunter changes should be made in WoD.

Changed Abilities:
    Aspect: Hawk (replaces Aspect of the Hawk) 3 min CD
    -Attune your party with the hawk, increasing the critical damage of party or raid members within 40 yards of the player by 20%. Lasts 10 sec. (does not stack with Skull Banner)

Aspect: Cheetah (replaces Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack) 2 min CD
    -Attune your party with the cheetah, increasing the movement speed of all friendly players within 10 yards by 60% for 8 sec and removing all roots and snares on those targets.

New Abilities

Aspect: Viper 3 min CD
    -Attune your party with the viper. Party and raid members within 40 yards increase their spirit by 200% for 16 seconds.

Maim Strike (Beast Mastery) 15 focus
    -Your pet maims the target, dealing (?) damage over 15 seconds.

BM and Marks no longer get Serpent Sting. BM gets Maim Strike, Marks gets a buff to existing abilities.

Here is an edited Talent Tree, without the first tier since the program only allows 6 tiers. I edited previous abilities to work without a pet.
    http://mop-talent-grid-maker.appspot...ew&gridId=4001
    Last edited by xazrael; 2013-12-27 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been talking about turning aspects into CD's for some time. I think it would be a great idea especially considering warriors are the only ones currently bringing their warbanner effect(s)

"Maim Strike" is really just Lynx Rush renamed and given more uptime. It doesn't really make BM anymore unique if it just takes the place of a sting and with current pet AI would actually end up being a loss since it would, in most cases, be harder to keep up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    Changed Abilities:
    Aspect: Hawk (replaces Aspect of the Hawk) 3 min CD
    -Attune your party with the hawk, increasing the critical damage of party or raid members within 40 yards of the player by 20%. Lasts 10 sec. (does not stack with Skull Banner)

Aspect: Cheetah (replaces Aspect of the Cheetah and Pack) 2 min CD
    -Attune your party with the cheetah, increasing the movement speed of all friendly players within 10 yards by 60% for 8 sec and removing all roots and snares on those targets.

New Abilities

Aspect: Viper 3 min CD
    -Attune your party with the viper. Party and raid members within 40 yards increase their spirit by 200% for 16 seconds.
    Hawk and Cheetah isn't unique, feels just being clones of other classes abilities. Aspect of viper however is interesting. Also I don't believe if we can get all these aspect raidbuffs all together so it must be talent choice of 1 out of 3. Aspects has almost no use ingame now and tailoring them into game as raid cooldowns seems wise idea.

Deleted
    Like above, Viper sounds really cool. Cheetah and Hawk are not unique enough. Here's an idea though. Unlike Ace's suggestion of talents, what if they gave you a debuff to everybody the aspect affected like Exhaustion, but only specific to that particular Aspect. This would encourage raids to bring 2 maybe even 3 hunters to raids on WoD. For example, lets say all the aspects give a personal 5 minute exhaustion, so you would want 2 hunters for the Hawk/Viper cooldown, and maybe even a 3rd for cheetah (not as important because of druids). Could be interesting.

The buffs are probably not meant to be unique. Remember, most times the new mantra is "unique -> bad", so a nice wording on how we could get copies of other classes buffs, maybe even ones that are unique today, is a good idea.

Unsure about the serpent sting idea though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    The buffs are probably not meant to be unique.
    We already are buff filler class so I dislike idea of having "hunter banner" and "hunter stampeading roar" like abilities. We are solid class that deserves having some tools to help raidgroup in progress.

Deleted
    Regarding Viper. we wont ever get a raid buff that does nothing for our own class.. just no gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Regarding Viper. we wont ever get a raid buff that does nothing for our own class.. just no gonna happen.
    Shroud of Concealment.

So you want more cooldowns?
    I mean... more? Current 200 not enough?

Yea DarkAviator is correct, I intended them to not be unique. ATM, skull banner and stampeding roar are unique abilities, which i feel should not be unique. Most raids suffer a huge dps loss without skull banner, and a big time utility loss without a druid. By doing this, it would essentially not add more cds, but give hunters some cds. The viper cd is also based off of mana tide totem.
    The suggestion about making all 3 share a similar cd isn't a bad idea. It would make the raid want to bring hunters more often.

2 hunters, but no druid or warrior? One hunter can pop Hawk, and the other can pop Cheetah, allowing you to not lose the dps you would lose normally. Of course having it at a 5 min cd would generally make the druid/warrior version superior (smaller cd), but at least you could bring it to the table.

Not to be devil's advocate against my own class, but the design promotes hunter stacking, which is ultimately bad for raid encounters. Even with a 5 minute exhaustion shared between all of them, you would need at least 2, provided the cd is longer than the debuff.

I also think Blizzard would want to discourage chaining skull banner-esque cds, ie bring 5+ warriors/hunters to each encounter to make burn phases irrelevant. They would need some shared cd which then gets into some sloppy design.

I would suggest a stormlash like cd as it is easiest to balance even if it is less exciting.

Viper sounds good though. Shamans can be hard to come by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard argues how useful MD and traps are, but MD is really the only thing being used on most encounters and I think we'd see more hunters playing again and raiding and being wanted if we turned our aspects into CD's like Stormlash or the warrior banners. Currently hunters aren't terrible, and are actually really useful for 1-2 fights due to how our specs work but what if that isn't so in the future? There just isn't much incentive to have a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needing a hunter to buff a healing stat seems... weird to me. Would be like warriors having a shout that restored mana. o_0