why does every1 want me dead? i'm adorable
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Just like Old Yeller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    So, she helps you for all three games and you just kill her first chance you get without trying to resolve the issue? I didn't like her much either, and I let her die in ME1 because Kaidan was my FemShep's love interest, but to just kill her off for no reason after she's been with you for all that time? No, that's just cruel and wrong.

Never really understood how people can be Renegade anyway. Killing Mordin, dafuq man. Being an ass to all those lovable characters, ugh, I get a bad feeling just thinking about it.
    First she was completely blind to see that the alliance was denying help to the people in the terminus systems.

Then says how changed shepard is because he is "WORKING FOR CERBERUS!1" Even though he's just working "with" them, and just because there's no other way to stop the reapers and help people out. The council couldn't care less if he was alive or dead so shep was out of options.

Then on ME3 as we are working together to stop the earth invasion, she just keep whining over and over why she can't trust shepard.

If you don't trust shep just leave! Omg, just take a shuttle and go do something else! But nope. she has to stick around and do that.

Then when the elevator thing happened, gives shep no benefit of the doubt, goes straight to " I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! f'ing cerberus operative!"

So yea, good riddance.

Also, my shep was never "100% renegade" I like to keep my renegade shepard as someone who will do what it takes to get the right thing done. No talk, no reasoning with bad guys. My paragon is the opposite, I try to resolve everything without fight/bloodshed.

I've never killed mordin with either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    First she was completely blind to see that the alliance was denying help to the people in the terminus systems.

Then says how changed shepard is because he is "WORKING FOR CERBERUS!1" Even though he's just working "with" them, and just because there's no other way to stop the reapers and help people out. The council couldn't care less if he was alive or dead so shep was out of options.

Then on ME3 as we are working together to stop the earth invasion, she just keep whining over and over why she can't trust shepard.

If you don't trust shep just leave! Omg, just take a shuttle and go do something else! But nope. she has to stick around and do that.

Then when the elevator thing happened, gives shep no benefit of the doubt, goes straight to " I KNEW IT ALL ALONG! f'ing cerberus operative!"

So yea, good riddance.
    Yes, there is that. And, still, I freaking love Ashley, not romantically of course since Liara is there, but still. She is a very loyal Alliance soldier and keeps her loyalty even when her favorite commander denies the Alliance and invites here on board. Yes, she is a bit thick, but, still, such a loyalty is very rare. Alliance is happy to have her, and she definitely deserved to be promoted into Spectres after ME1 events right away.

And I always kept her in team. And killed Kaidan. Don't know why, but he really didn't make an impression on me. The same Karth Onasi who has gotten quite annoying after 10+ KotoR walkthroughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, there is that. And, still, I freaking love Ashley, not romantically of course since Liara is there, but still. She is a very loyal Alliance soldier and keeps her loyalty even when her favorite commander denies the Alliance and invites here on board. Yes, she is a bit thick, but, still, such a loyalty is very rare. Alliance is happy to have her, and she definitely deserved to be promoted into Spectres after ME1 events right away.

And I always kept her in team. And killed Kaidan. Don't know why, but he really didn't make an impression on me. The same Karth Onasi who has gotten quite annoying after 10+ KotoR walkthroughs.
    Weird, I've only had one or two KotoR playthroughs where I've had Bindo and Juhani survive. Most other times I've ended up killing them. It was the same thing for KotoR 2, I was only able to convert the Hand maiden into being a Jedi. I had no idea that all the other human companions could be Jedi as well. So when I converted Atton, I was quite surprised (this came to me this year as well). I didn't look into the walk through guides, just stumble my way through and find out new things all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashley's best talent is being roasted by nuclear hellfire.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ashley's best talent is being roasted by nuclear hellfire.
    Just like Kaidan.

I rather wish i could fry them both.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Just like Kaidan.

I rather wish i could fry them both.
    Like: "You two stay with the bomb and make sure it goes off... I'm off... to save Kirahe... right! [To joker: Normandy over that tower now!]"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Weird, I've only had one or two KotoR playthroughs where I've had Bindo and Juhani survive. Most other times I've ended up killing them. It was the same thing for KotoR 2, I was only able to convert the Hand maiden into being a Jedi. I had no idea that all the other human companions could be Jedi as well. So when I converted Atton, I was quite surprised (this came to me this year as well). I didn't look into the walk through guides, just stumble my way through and find out new things all the time.
    The first time I didn't manage to persuade Juhani to return to the enclave, even though I'd spent literally all the points into "Persuade" skill and had quite good Charisma. So I thought it was impossible and killed her the next 4 or 5 walkthroughs. When I learnt that she could be saved... I started a new walkthrough that very day.
    I didn't like her that much as a companion though. She felt too whiny and generic. But the fact that I saved her from the Dark Side... Well, I like to do good things, even if I end up having someone in my team I don't like.

As for Jedi companions in KotoR 2, I never really bothered converting them to Jedi. I used only Kreia and Visas in my team anyway, switching Kreia to Mira when she leaves, so Mira is the only companion I converted into Jedi every time. Also, since I love power builds, I never level Mira before she becomes a Jedi, so I always have to fight that wookie (don't remember his name as I've never recruited him anyway) with Mira being level 2... The only way I manage to do it is through an exploit in the engine: I get close, hit him, instantly save before he hits me back, load the save - and the round restarts and I get to hit him again. The fun thing is that I also have to do the same with all other enemies in the area, and there is a lot of them, and they all are very durable... I really hate that mission now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Like: "You two stay with the bomb and make sure it goes off... I'm off... to save Kirahe... right! [To joker: Normandy over that tower now!]"
    Or save Saren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It depends on people, I guess. I just merge with my characters too much in games. And, since in the real life I am such a kind dude, I just can't make my character do terrible things. Some of my friends play RPG games like this, "Haha, lol, let's kill this idiot". I can't play like that.
    It's as if you are describing me. I did a Dark Side playthrough of Star Wars The Old Republic (Sith Sorcerer), but I made nothing but Light Side decisions. I just can't be that guy to kill here and be an ass there. I'd much rather be respected/loved than feared/hated. Both are powerful motivators, but in the end, I think respect/love come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who says you have to kill Mordin to be renegade? My Renegade Shepard killed Mordin only once, and I never finished that playthrough because it felt so bad, especially after Wrex tried to kill me. But my next Renegade Shepard didn't kill him. She aimed a gun at him, but couldn't fire on an old friend.
    Even pointing a gun at him is wrong. It shouldn't have even crossed her mind, in my book. I will never ever do any Dark/Renegade playthough in any game. I hated that I had to (spoiler for Battlefield 4 ending) choose between those two characters at the end of Battlefield 4.

Still need to start that second playthough of ME3 with all the DLC, but I'm having too much fun with other games and not to mention the fact that I dread having to do a lot all over again.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    It's as if you are describing me. I did a Dark Side playthrough of Star Wars The Old Republic (Sith Sorcerer), but I made nothing but Light Side decisions. I just can't be that guy to kill here and be an ass there. I'd much rather be respected/loved than feared/hated. Both are powerful motivators, but in the end, I think respect/love come out on top.

Even pointing a gun at him is wrong. It shouldn't have even crossed her mind, in my book. I will never ever do any Dark/Renegade playthough in any game. I hated that I had to (spoiler for Battlefield 4 ending) choose between those two characters at the end of Battlefield 4.

Still need to start that second playthough of ME3 with all the DLC, but I'm having too much fun with other games and not to mention the fact that I dread having to do a lot all over again.
    related to bf4 ending: you can actually not choose any of them at the end of BF4 xD but they destroy your ship...

Deleted
    They are fools. You should eat them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The two are similar but different enough. You can tell they likely used the Mass Effect art for inspiration though. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0541645/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr50 has worked on X-men and Star Trek which is the same sort of "vibe". http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/818/in...or-mass-effect even references how they took inspiration from Solaris (which the previous mentioned artist worked on).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Could be a simple homage or reference.

It happens in works of similar settings.

Man, you should see all the Fist of the North Star references/parodies/homages in anime and manga to this day.
    Its staggering.

Deleted
    Let me just get this out of the way so you guys arent overly surprised when it occurs:

Mass Effect 4 Day 1 DLC

And while we are at it: The ME3 megathread have served us well, but its end is approaching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just get this out of the way so you guys arent overly surprised when it occurs:

Mass Effect 4 Day 1 DLC

And while we are at it: The ME3 megathread have served us well, but its end is approaching.

Perhaps in it's next incarnation we shall just keep it as the BioWare megathread. This way we can avoid the unpleasant you cannot talk about that here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this something significant?
    Statix will suffice.