Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    So who ready for some Log Horizon?
    My body is ready.

Deleted
    Valvrave took the exact route I feared it would. With the exception of a bit of average at the start, it's been an awesome ride... until last 5 minutes of the last episode. Everyone already summarized my gripes with the ending, so I won't go into the details...

I wonder though, maybe it was done so inconsistently on purpose? The entire "We CAN live in harmony!!" into "Let's conduct a genocide on both Magius and everyone suspected to be in cahoots, kay?" into "Hey, green aliens! Let's be friends, we're a friendly race!" - it's one person's ideals colliding with humanity's collective wall of NOPE. I mean, it was Haruto and L-Elf along with a small number of like-minded outcasts who wanted the harmony. Rest of humanity had their own ideas and the ending certainly shows how much one person's desires are worth when compared to the entire world.

I don't like how 200 years of plot got squished into few future flashes + 5 minutes at the end, but at least I can look at the lest of the ending from that perspective.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-12-28 at 09:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    White Album 2 - Damn, this episode. The beginning and the airport scene... shit.

Overall a decent series. Nice visuals, good OST, written decently well. One thing I like in particular is how all three of them can be blamed partly for what happened. Despite what I've been reading in the /a/ thread (some people seem to really hate Setsuna), all three of them have some blame in all the drama that went down. If both Touma and Haruki had been honest about their feelings from the start, nothing would have happened. Had Haruki not accepted Setsuna's confession, things might have turned out differently. Setsuna obviously has blame too for realizing their feelings for one another and still stepping into it, but it's not like the fault lies on her alone. Everyone played a part.

Hopefully this gets a sequel, I heard there is something after this that takes place after they graduate. The ending kinda left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    White Album 2 - Damn, this episode. The beginning and the airport scene... shit.

Overall a decent series. Nice visuals, good OST, written decently well. One thing I like in particular is how all three of them can be blamed partly for what happened. Despite what I've been reading in the /a/ thread (some people seem to really hate Setsuna), all three of them have some blame in all the drama that went down. If both Touma and Haruki had been honest about their feelings from the start, nothing would have happened. Had Haruki not accepted Setsuna's confession, things might have turned out differently. Setsuna obviously has blame too for realizing their feelings for one another and still stepping into it, but it's not like the fault lies on her alone. Everyone played a part.

Hopefully this gets a sequel, I heard there is something after this that takes place after they graduate. The ending kinda left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.
    I think the main reason for all the hate for Setsuna is that Touma and Haruki complete each other better then if he went with Setsuna. During the beginning with them playing music together and able to express their feelings through music more.

- - - Updated - - -

Off to Comiket to stand in line for several hours to get in! Currently 7am here starts at 10am. Wish me luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    gl yami! post pics of your war spoils!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Tokyo Raven worth watching?
    Definitely. It has the type of story I think everyone in this thread would enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    gl yami! post pics of your war spoils!
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wormslut View Post
    bring a non-kancolle non-touhou doujinshi
    >not wanting Kancolle

But it's so new and exciting! And it's getting an anime!

WA 2 - I'm not sure how I feel about that ending. On one hand I liked it and on another I didn't. It didn't necessarily feel rushed or incomplete, but rather something just felt off to me. And it's not even something I can really fault the show for I feel. The ending didn't feel haphazard and I definitely think for the type of show it was it ended as it should have, but I still feel like I'm missing something. I guess it may just be because largely I lean towards happy endings as my preference and this certainly wasn't one. Touma left and Setsuna's relationship with Haruki certainly isn't in the best situation. I was definitely rooting for Touma, but you can't help but feel bad for Setsuna.

I guess what I'm having issues with is that to me it felt as if there wasn't really a complete sense of resolution to the story, like something more should of happened to wrap everything up. Instead we're left with Touma on an airplane flying away and Setsuna clinging to Haruki and that being the end of it. And I can't even fault the show for that I feel because it feels in line with the rest of the show and the direction it was taking. That ending to me was very much an appropriate one for for the series in my opinion and I still feel like I wanted more. It may just be because essentially everyone lost and it was a shitty situation all around. I don't know. The show was certainly good though and I did enjoy. I certainly wish Touma had won though.

Deleted
    Log Horizon Damn that was an awesome episode, plus that ending! I wonder if the knights need to be saved, or if something else is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log Horizon - Akatsuki is fucking adorable. This episode was amazing. I absolutely love the interactions between Krusty and the Princess and I think this episode has made Krusty one of if not my favorite character.

It also seems the technology of the People of the Land is so far behind they don't even have boats? Strange for them to not have one of the earliest creations. Maybe they mean navigation? It'd be interesting if even for a little bit the show delved into deep stuff in the world even like star navigation and what the star map is in this world, or the creation of the compass. I can't wait to see all the stuff the Adventurer's and the People of the Land create in this world with what they have. I feel like it's going to go into a Cold War of technology between the two of them.

I also seriously SERIOUSLY hope the mage at the end isn't part of some typical evil organization that wants to capitalize something like a lot of shitty stories have but actually incorperates into the story well. I doubt this show will disappoint though.
    The writing of this show blows me away. Mamare-sensei is a genius.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-12-29 at 01:07 AM.

Deleted
    What Galil means is "Bring touhou doujinshi"
    That is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monogatari - Amazing ending. I knew about Nadeko's wish to be a mangaka, and also knew about Kaiki being attacked afterwards, but it still was really good. The whole conversation about how nothing is irreplaceable was well done, and the Ararararagi and Kaiki interaction was also nice.

Overall, loved this season. I liked Bake/Nise, but until Monogatari S2 I never really thought the Monogatari series was that amazing. Monogatari S2 is probably one of my favourites of all time now, and is without a doubt my anime of the year.

Really excited for Hana. Especially considering I've already been spoiled about some details of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Log Horizon - Akatsuki is fucking adorable. This episode was amazing. I absolutely love the interactions between Krusty and the Princess and I think this episode has made Krusty one of if not my favorite character.

It also seems the technology of the People of the Land is so far behind they don't even have boats? Strange for them to not have one of the earliest creations. Maybe they mean navigation? It'd be interesting if even for a little bit the show delved into deep stuff in the world even like star navigation and what the star map is in this world, or the creation of the compass. I can't wait to see all the stuff the Adventurer's and the People of the Land create in this world with what they have. I feel like it's going to go into a Cold War of technology between the two of them.

I also seriously SERIOUSLY hope the mage at the end isn't part of some typical evil organization that wants to capitalize something like a lot of shitty stories have but actually incorperates into the story well. I doubt this show will disappoint though.
    The writing of this show blows me away. Mamare-sensei is a genius.
    i believe they probably have boats, but they don't have large boats for transporting goods. ie cargo ships. my guess is that they probably have smaller ones though, but transporting goods in those would not be very efficient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i believe they probably have boats, but they don't have large boats for transporting goods. ie cargo ships. my guess is that they probably have smaller ones though, but transporting goods in those would not be very efficient.
    Society on the level shown in Log Horizon should have access to large ships, that's a bit weird. I'd go with navigation being the issue - but then again, if it's purely logistics within the Japan-like island anime takes place in, there's no need to leave coastal waters for the sake of shipping goods. Navigation only becomes an issue when you leave the sight range of the shore, after all. I am a bit curious what exactly the issue is, my guess is it's linked to the phenomenon Maryelle observed on the beach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    my guess is it's linked to the phenomenon Maryelle observed on the beach.
    Ooh, nice connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    WA 2 - I'm not sure how I feel about that ending. On one hand I liked it and on another I didn't. It didn't necessarily feel rushed or incomplete, but rather something just felt off to me. And it's not even something I can really fault the show for I feel. The ending didn't feel haphazard and I definitely think for the type of show it was it ended as it should have, but I still feel like I'm missing something. I guess it may just be because largely I lean towards happy endings as my preference and this certainly wasn't one. Touma left and Setsuna's relationship with Haruki certainly isn't in the best situation. I was definitely rooting for Touma, but you can't help but feel bad for Setsuna.

I guess what I'm having issues with is that to me it felt as if there wasn't really a complete sense of resolution to the story, like something more should of happened to wrap everything up. Instead we're left with Touma on an airplane flying away and Setsuna clinging to Haruki and that being the end of it. And I can't even fault the show for that I feel because it feels in line with the rest of the show and the direction it was taking. That ending to me was very much an appropriate one for for the series in my opinion and I still feel like I wanted more. It may just be because essentially everyone lost and it was a shitty situation all around. I don't know. The show was certainly good though and I did enjoy. I certainly wish Touma had won though.
    Well, i heard this is 'only' the introduction. Lets hope for a season 2, since there are 2(?) novels left. For me this would be a must watch. I was blown away by the last 2 episodes. I share your thoughts, but I think it would have been a bad idea to just let one of the girls 'win'. That would have been rushed like 'yeah we are out of time, have this'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final version of the chart is out.

http://i2.minus.com/i1Y8WVUXF2it7.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Final version of the chart is out.

http://i2.minus.com/i1Y8WVUXF2it7.png
    32 shows which caught my interest. I guess next season will be a bit busy until I decide what to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    Well, i heard this is 'only' the introduction. Lets hope for a season 2, since there are 2(?) novels left. For me this would be a must watch. I was blown away by the last 2 episodes. I share your thoughts, but I think it would have been a bad idea to just let one of the girls 'win'. That would have been rushed like 'yeah we are out of time, have this'.
    Having one of the girl's win near the end I'd agree with probably wouldn't of turned out well. There's probably a way they could pull if off without it feeling misplaced, but I imagine that would be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized with the chart that no shows start airing until the 4th of January. That's the latest the anime season has ever started as far as I know.