10+ Year Old Account

What buy after grievous weapons?

Hello guys, im a big pvp newbie in arenas this week started and bought my griev weapons (im full tyran), what next, rings, trinkets, shoes? or the 5 tier pieces?.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%BCn/advanced

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post
    Hello guys, im a big pvp newbie in arenas this week started and bought my griev weapons (im full tyran), what next, rings, trinkets, shoes? or the 5 tier pieces?.

Thanks in advance.
    Get the random proc grievous trinket 1000 extra agility when it procs. Get your 5 piece then everything else.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2013-12-29 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Chest, shoulders and helms doesn't drop from celestial boses. You can go for these first and hope for luck on clestials

Deleted
    Weapons > set items (head, shoulder, chest, etc) > non set armor (wrist, belt, boots) > jewelry.

Never hit the celestial boss if you don't have a warforged seal to blow on it or it's a big waste.

If you're non-Human, getting your PvP trinket early on is a pretty big thing. Weapon and 4set are generally the most important for a lot of classes though. Legs, head, shoulders and gloves being the most important to get after weapon (glove bonus, shoulder enchant, meta gem and leg enchant).

After that it doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks very much for the reply guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    If you're non-Human, getting your PvP trinket early on is a pretty big thing
    To be fair, you should just make do with the Tyrannical one. 300 Crit/Spirit and 99 PvP Power is probably on par with a Ring/Neck/Bracer upgrade at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought some grievous tonight u can check my armory in the first post, im sooo happy

1. Shoulders
    2. Helm or Chest
    3. Weapon
    4. Chest or Helm
    5. Proc or Use Trinket

Assuming you have Tyrannical in every slot, it does not matter what you upgrade after this. Neither trinket drops from world bosses, but as pointed out the CC break trinket is not a large stat upgrade because of the way it's budgeted, so you leave that for the very last. Everything else has the same ratio of Conquest Points-to-stat points, so you buy whatever doesn't drop.

In my case, nothing dropped (well, all of my alts got at least two PVP pieces, but I only PVP on my main -.-) so I rented the rings, neck, and trinket until I had 7k Conq or so saved up and only then did I start buying. Again: didn't matter what pieces I bought because I could have gotten any of them as a drop the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    1. Shoulders
    2. Helm or Chest
    3. Weapon
    4. Chest or Helm
    5. Proc or Use Trinket

Assuming you have Tyrannical in every slot, it does not matter what you upgrade after this. Neither trinket drops from world bosses, but as pointed out the CC break trinket is not a large stat upgrade because of the way it's budgeted, so you leave that for the very last. Everything else has the same ratio of Conquest Points-to-stat points, so you buy whatever doesn't drop.

In my case, nothing dropped (well, all of my alts got at least two PVP pieces, but I only PVP on my main -.-) so I rented the rings, neck, and trinket until I had 7k Conq or so saved up and only then did I start buying. Again: didn't matter what pieces I bought because I could have gotten any of them as a drop the following week.
    Why shoulders over 1k plus agility on the proc trinket as well as 400+ pvp power? When the shoulders and trinket cost the same... If he lines that up with double jade steel and orc racial dat damooge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbeer View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Btw you don't have to use the pvp meta you can get the agility/crit meta or the stun reduction. I think the + crit damage is better personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    To be fair, you should just make do with the Tyrannical one. 300 Crit/Spirit and 99 PvP Power is probably on par with a Ring/Neck/Bracer upgrade at best.
    The proc trinket is 1000 agility and 400 pvp power over the tyrannical one.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2013-12-30 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    The proc trinket is 1000 agility and 400 pvp power over the tyrannical one.
    Yeah, for some reason I always associate the words "PvP trinket" with the Freedom trinket, especially as the mod mentioned non-Human specific. My bad ;p

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it also depends on your comp and playstyle. If your playing summit like turbo or beast cleave as enhance on use dps trinkets will be far more valuable first. Also remember your stat priorities as after you get your 4 set, because of wanting to stack crit/mastery the boots/belt are stat wise a better upgrade than say the shoulders as all three have the same amount of agil/stam

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Yeah, for some reason I always associate the words "PvP trinket" with the Freedom trinket, especially as the mod mentioned non-Human specific. My bad ;p
    You were right, I was talking about the cc-breaking trinket, and you are completely right that someone should get the honor one over the conquest one until they are fully geared. Stat-weight wise it's one of the worst upgrades.

I brainfarted a little bit and thought I was answering what order the pieces are most important, not which to buy with conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Btw you don't have to use the pvp meta you can get the agility/crit meta or the stun reduction. I think the + crit damage is better personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, i gonna replace the meta now.

Deleted
    To buy the weapon you need 7k+ to earn in season. First you should buy any of the armors that can't be dropped by worldboss. When you get to 3,5k+ season points you should start to collect your points to let it be ready when you earn that what you need! to buy the weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd get all the 2250 pieces, then most of the 1750 pieces mixed in with getting 2 1250 items+ per week to speed up your ilvl, don't forget to do celestials with a warforged seal before you buy stuff each week

My theory of getting the parts with the best secondary stats first in order. For example i would get the boots or the belt before gloves, since they got crit/mastery, hence gloves only have hit, and shoulders only have expertise as secondary . so my gear order is this, legs-chest-head(even if not optimal secondary, the agi outbeats)-dmgtrinket-boots-belt-gloves-shoulders-then the rest 1250 as please. now this is if gearing from previous season though, otherwise i would fit the gloves after head for the bonus. and weapon when you have saved it up after 2 pieces at start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're in full Tyrannical.

Best way I believe is:
    Big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (2250 earned)
    Trinket (not the CC cancelling one, the one with the PvP power) 1750 (4000 earned)
    Weapon 3500 (7500 earned, so you're over the 7250 buy in for weapons)
    Other big armor item that can't drop from Celestial (head or chest) 2250 (9750 eaned)
    Meta Gem 1000 (10750 earned so you're over the 10000 buy in for the meta gem)
    Shoulders 1750
    Trinket (the CC cancelling one) 1750
    Then you can start buying items that can drop from the Celestials (the goal being you want to give yourself as many chances as possible to get items that cost conquest for free)
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-01-06 at 06:21 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks fahrenheit