Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1. Stop hitting on "chicks" in games, it is really... sad.

2. I would much rather look at a female ass/body all day, since i do not have a fancy for male asses/bodies.

3. WoW's current male models are usually horrible, while female models are decent.

Don't hit on girls in video games - every female gamer i met said they absolutely HATE being hit on by online creepers...

I highlighted the really important parts.

If males only played male characters, Blizzard could just abandon female character models - since 99,99999% of WoW's player base is male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    since 99,99999% of WoW's player base is male.
    Definitively not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Definitively not.
    probably still 90% tho, there aren't nearly as many women playing this game as you might think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crixes1 View Post
    No, a guy playing a chick is weird. That is a terrible excuse using male models and I rather stare at a girls butt is even worse, your just a drag queen getting hit on by guys and then you complain about guys looking for romantic relationships, that's cause your playing a chick toon. That's what it means to play a chick toon as a guy. Your a drag queen.

Mod Edit: No need to be insulting.
    how did you know my fave film is priscilla, queen of the desert?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nionori View Post
    i play different genders depending on race, humans are almost always male, undeads are always male, trolls are always female, gnomes are always female, orcs are always male, tauren are always male, blood elf it can be both, will never play goblin or pandaren, dwarf are male, draenei are female and night elf are female

it's probably more than you think
    well anecdotal evidence I know but out of all the people on my friendlist I know ~95% are male and out of the people I know in real life that play WoW only one is female. gaming is largely considered a male dominated industry, thanks to the stereotypes about gaming that don't seem to die, even tho the social stigma against gaming has somewhat diminished
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-12-30 at 04:03 PM.

I only play one female character, a blood elf mage since I really dislike their male ones. While running dungeons I got several whispers of how pretty my character is and all....

And they kept complimenting me for my DPS, soemthing I never get on my male characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well anecdotal evidence I know but out of all the people on my friendlist I know ~95% are male and out of the people I know in real life that play WoW only one is female.
    Well, it's the exact opposite for me: Seven out of ten people I have on my RealID-friendlist and also know IRL are girls.

Deleted
    I did it on my Orc just for the fact transmog looked a lot better, now I have changed to Worgen, mainly flavoring male, for the human form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a female character with my name, Robert. I don't think it's much of a mystery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axolotls View Post
    I have a female character with my name, Robert. I don't think it's much of a mystery.
    At least have the dignity to name her Roberta!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least have the dignity to name her Roberta!
    It was most certainly taken
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Well it's a game... and roleplay. So you want to stop me playing my paladin which is male?! (I'm indeed female)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendia View Post
    Well it's a game... and roleplay. So you want to stop me playing my paladin which is male?! (I'm indeed female)
    yes you weirdo!! (I'm being sarcastic mods!) ofc you are not weird, it is perfectly ok to play the opposite gender in a stupid game ffs, also every human has a male and female part of their personality, so we can indeed empathize with the opposite gender (and roleplay as the opposite gender, crazy I know!)
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-12-30 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paperfire View Post
    This is big issue that needs to be addressed. Can guys stop playing female characters, or at the very least admit if they are guy if playing one? It causes alot of confusion and I got into a pretty uncomfortable situation because of this.
    So just how much gold did you give away before you found out it was actually a guy?

Deleted
    yes you weirdo!! (I'm being sarcastic mods!) ofc you are not, it is perfectly ok to play the opposite gender in a stupid game ffs, also every human has a male and female part of their personality, so we can indeed empathize with the opposite gender (and roleplay as the opposite gender, crazy I know!)
    Oh come on, stop being so liberal; playing the opposite gender is per se sick, playing Forsaken is a clear sign of necrophilia and running around as a Tauren screams zoophilia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    1. Stop hitting on "chicks" in games, it is really... sad.

2. I would much rather look at a female ass/body all day, since i do not have a fancy for male asses/bodies.

3. WoW's current male models are usually horrible, while female models are decent.

Don't hit on girls in video games - every female gamer i met said they absolutely HATE being hit on by online creepers...

I highlighted the really important parts.

If males only played male characters, Blizzard could just abandon female character models - since 99,99999% of WoW's player base is male.
    1. Agreed.
    2. I'll never understand the mindset that looking at one cartoon's butt is better than looking at another.
    3. Agreed. I personally can't stand the way Male Night Elves, Humans (they aren't as bad as some of these), Draenei (the worst), and Worgens look.
    4. Another important reason why people pick the gender is due to their animations as well.

Real easy solution to this is, don't try to get sexually involved with people on wow, or if someone is willing to type a paragraph about fucking you, just roll with it and don't ask too many questions?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Real easy solution to this is, don't try to get sexually involved with people on wow, or if someone is willing to type a paragraph about fucking you, just roll with it and don't ask too many questions?
    Looks can be deceiving hahahaha.

May be only partially on topic but I'm super duper sick of - even gd Ghostcrawler does it - the tired, lame argument: "Well, if I have to stare at a butt all day, I'm at least going to stare at a female butt".

Maybe I've been doing it wrong since open beta but when I play wow I do not stare at my character's butt in the first place.

I mostly play male characters, but I do have a couple of female ones as well. I don't stare at their anatomy either.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I've found most interesting is that according to the Daedalus Project, men often select female avatars when planning to play more support-type roles--an interesting peek into perception of how one gender is more appropriate to a particular play style. Conversely, women tend to be more indiscriminate, with character role not having a direct correlation to which gender they select.