Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    SHADOW PRIEST pve-pvp give us justice in WOD

Love hearing people complain about sp as an elemental. Your utility is just as good and you out Dps us by a solid 10% on average.

I think all the classes were really well represented and pretty decently balanced. At first Hunters and Warriors were OP in pvp, but that's fixed pretty well. I'd say we learned a lot about chain CC and that's going to be fixed, so I'm really hopeful for the future of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    hunters of any spec, they became dull, dreary and boring to play, all 3 specs feel the same. Was playing hunter as main since tbc, mop made me reroll warlock, the master class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    In PVE arms warrior was terrible all xpac, not pvp though (hallelujah).
    Woah, Woah... Arms warriors were terrible in PvE? I think not.... Before I put my account at a frozen state, which was about three to four months ago, I was number 5 in simcraft dps on my realm for warriors. The way it went, granted it was a few months ago, and things have changed. Fury, Fury, Arms, Fury, Arms, etc. Now Granted my warrior isnt the best gear, I mean I dont even have flex gear I still pull over 200k dps as arms. Granted that I do LFR and that means nothing... I was still number one DPS in about EVERY LFR I did. Pulling 200k plus every fight, 800k plus for AoE... Yeah, maybe you were looking at the shit arms warriors. Arms warriors had it good in PvE. PvP... dont care, PvP sucks its a gear game, not a skill game anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs, we start out strong and solid then gets thrown in the dumpster as stronger gear becomes available, nothin was done to address that problem in this expansion.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2013-12-31 at 07:25 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    WW Monks, there is NO place for them, everything they can do, another class can do it better..

Hunter MM, isnt mop the second expansion that this spec is lolnope in pve? i remember it was quite good in cata with full bis.

Arms warriors are pretty good at padding metters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajimo View Post
    Mages, because of the level 90 talents
    LOL I really can't believe someone said that. I guess they're oblivious to the fact that mages have been on the top of the PVE meters THE ENTIRE EXPANSION by like 20k over the next specialty (the second specialty being another mage spec). Then in PVP they've got a ridiculous amount of CC and control piled with large burst capability. Team up with a warrior and you can burst down one team so fast that they'll both die before you run out of CC to lock them both down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cainito View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying spriest? Seem to be a top 10 DPS spec entire xpac? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

WW monks or holy priests. Every class has a decent spec at least, maybe hunter and DKs would be worst in terms of never having a spec dominate in tank/heals/dps.
    Shadow priests have literally been dead last as far back in this expansion as I can remember, even now. I do have to agree that they got very little love this expansion; I knew 2 friends that got so disheartened that they rerolled.

marksmanship hunter

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    LOL I really can't believe someone said that. I guess they're oblivious to the fact that mages have been on the top of the PVE meters THE ENTIRE EXPANSION by like 20k over the next specialty (the second specialty being another mage spec). Then in PVP they've got a ridiculous amount of CC and control piled with large burst capability. Team up with a warrior and you can burst down one team so fast that they'll both die before you run out of CC to lock them both down.
    Well, to be fair, the OP's question is pretty vague. It wasn't, "Which class has put out the worst damage?" It was, "Which class has had it the worst?" If we're talking about the level 90 talents, I would wager we're discussing it from a QoL or fun-to-play aspect, particularly in the way the flow of the class changed due to the addition of those talents. At least, that's my understanding... As I've not seen anyone yet saying that mages didn't still do good damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windwalker Monks, no doubt about it. Moderate damage, absolutely zero utlity. You get a shitty dispel and a crit buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cynsacat View Post
    Well, to be fair, the OP's question is pretty vague. It wasn't, "Which class has put out the worst damage?" It was, "Which class has had it the worst?" If we're talking about the level 90 talents, I would wager we're discussing it from a QoL or fun-to-play aspect, particularly in the way the flow of the class changed due to the addition of those talents. At least, that's my understanding... As I've not seen anyone yet saying that mages didn't still do good damage.
    Well every other class being stated mentions poor PVP burst or utility capabilities or poor dps/healing quality in PVE, but maybe I am mistaken. Nonetheless, if the only thing mages have to complain about is that they don't like there last talents, then I hardly say that makes them the hated class XD

Also said a few times that they got nerfed repeatedly each patch; this was to counteract the fact that they did so much more damage than everyone else. After all those nerfs theyre still on top haha so a lot of good that did. Warlocks also got nerfed repeatedly each patch and they needed it as well, but at least now they're middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post

Shadow priests have literally been dead last as far back in this expansion as I can remember, even now. I do have to agree that they got very little love this expansion; I knew 2 friends that got so disheartened that they rerolled.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/ Uh, they are 7th.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/ Uh, they are 9th.

So, where are they dead last?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about damage at all.

Mages lose quality of life big time this expansion. Shadow Priests second, moonkin third.

First, this is not only about dps. Shadow priests have: no burst (have no ability to get 3 orbs when needed = can't burst at the start of fight with the whole raid = not only much lower overall damage, but also unable to burst something quickly when needed), no dps cooldown (EVERY other DD spec has one. Every fucking other. Homogenisation is bad, but unequality at this level is WAY worse), huge ramp up time, very boring gameplay, bad resource management system (we should have 5 slots for dark orbs for better planning and not wasting procs), awful loss of damage dealt on the move. Oh, and Greg "Let's nerf Shadow Word: pain" Street. Should I continue?
    Second, if you look at detailed bosses statistics, you'll see that they are playable on half of the bosses, its the optimistic view.

I don't know about superiority of shadow priests in pvp on the start of MoP, and neither I care. Blizzard should not cripple class in pve because of pvp reasons, it is awful design. I also don't understand Blizzard's nonsence about "every class having their place in the DPS ladder", it is bullshit. It should be "bring the player, not the class". It definitely should not be "we bench shadow priests when we have a single-target based boss progression". It definitely should not be "warlocks do 20-25% more dps than everyone else".

Noxxic has them listed as dead last in almost every iLvL range

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Noxxic has them listed as dead last in almost every iLvL range
    logs>sims

OT: WW monks have been an utter disappoint for most of MoP.

My friend told me shadow was so bad that she ended up rolling disc for the first time since playing in BC.

Marksman Hunters have been useless for the *majority* of the expansion. Perhaps to a less extent on the PvP side, but they've definitely been far from mainstream in PvE.