Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    The music in Ascalon is the best though <3
    It's the only good music in GW2, IMO.

don't like the music in GW2?

I think it's pretty good. Not Soule's best stuff but still I like a lot of it.

Not really. Didn't he do the Skyrim music? I liked the music in that, but GW2 just sounds generic fantasy and unmemorable to me for the most part. I probably couldn't hum you a single tune and I've been playing with the music on for over a year. (Completely the opposite for WoW and I haven't played it in going on 4 years.)

I usually love game music too. I have a collection of soundtracks from various games (Okami, Suikoden, Quest for Glory, WoW :P, etc.), but GW2's just does nothing for me.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-12-22 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    don't like the music in GW2?

I think it's pretty good. Not Soule's best stuff but still I like a lot of it.
    The soundtrack is actually very good. There is just like not enough of it. The pieces are very brief, play infrequently and the sound mixing muffles some of the instrumentation.

Morrowind, Total Annihilation and Eye of the North are still Soule's best work.

That Morrowind soundtrack is unforgettable. Some of the best music to theme and setting composition I ever heard. Haunting stuff.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-12-22 at 10:20 PM.

I get the shiverspeaks music in my head all the time. I would say that Soule was lazy with most of the soundtrack, basically retouching his themes and tunes from the first game. The one noted exceptional exception would be Fear Not This Night.

Though I'd say ANet's in-house staff have done a really good job with the post-launch stuff. The two holiday themes, Bazaar of the Four Winds, and SAB are all great. The Southsun music is pretty haunting as well.
    Last edited by zed zebes; 2013-12-23 at 01:27 AM.

I enjoyed the Four Winds music too. That was neat.

Meanwhile, ArenaNet tries its best not to support the second largest language in the Internet (according to Steam):

http://goo.gl/ExIC2

10+ Year Old Account
    Argos revamped the armor and weapon gallery site - now includes a live event viewer and much better previews on weapons and armors. Includes ascended weapons but he's still filling out the armor pics.

http://argos-soft.net/
    Valar morghulis

Hey everyone, I was looking through the historical tab of the achievement panel and noticed how many achievements that I was missing for one reason or another. So I wanted to think of a fair way to get them after the fact. I thought would it be nice if The Grove had like a tree of some sort, where if you went there to meditate you could "experience" previous events from Tyria's history. This would of course allow players to relive some of their favorite or missed living story updates. Although the rewards would have to be changed.

Lets say things like skins and pets could no longer be acquired once the original event ended. Instead you would merely get a loot bag or something else. This is to keep players playing when the events come out instead of just waiting a few months and going back to get everything they want. The tree is there to provide those who missed out a chance to experience the content and those new to the game to learn what has happened so far.

Placing the tree in The Grove will also give it something special like the SAB in Rata Sum or the Queen's Pavilion in Divinity's Reach. I also hope that this will make The Grove a hot spot for creating new and helpful guilds. Obviously this tree would have it's own tab under the LFG system so that players can que up and do the events as groups. I am aware of problems such as scaling for things like the Karaka Invasion or the Karaka Queen. But since the larger events seem to have remained like the Karaka Queen or Scarlets Invasions. I would imagine that those would be excluded, along with other one time or recurring events such as the Bazaar of the four winds and the Mad King destroying the lion in Lions Arch.

Hopefully as the time goes on we would actually see the tree grow larger maybe have pictures from key events in Tyria or perhaps the heroes we assisted would visit the tree and provide special boons while you complete events related to them. I know these are lofty goals so I would rather just leave the idea here and let you guys tear it apart and find any loopholes or gaps in understanding before I decide creating a thread on the official forums suggesting the idea. Also I'm sorry for just calling it "the tree" I can't think of a good name for it.

it's been suggested before and the devs acknowledged that they would like to put in something that allows players to revisit the events (perhaps something similar to the hall of monument pool from GW1). But there is no timetable for such a feature.

Just wanted to wish everyone here on MMO-C GW2 a merry christmas.

Well, it's looking like if I ever want to enjoy WvW again I'm going to have to transfer. Any NA suggestions? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, it's looking like if I ever want to enjoy WvW again I'm going to have to transfer. Any NA suggestions? -_-
    Why is that?

Deleted
    Best way to check for active servers is on the WvWs forums (before anet close it for ever).

That or http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups

My husband and guildies are in WvW all the damn time on Blackgate. They win a lot and the server is crazy super busy.

I play on Tarnish Coast. We're okay, I guess. I don't PVP in WvW.

Don't know what the rankings are, to be honest. But both those servers are very lively and fun for PVE and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Why is that?
    Everything, basically. Poor coverage, poor participation (seeing "outnumbered" is becoming commonplace), subsequently an inability to hold more than one map at a time and even doing that poorly. Lack of (willing) commanders. Lack of WvW guilds.

It's been this way (and progressively getting worse) ever since the week after the season ended. I've tried to be patient given the time of year, but it's obvious our opponents (even the ones ranked below us) are not suffering the same way we are and this has been going on for a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't know what the rankings are, to be honest. But both those servers are very lively and fun for PVE and PVP.
    I've been considering TC for a while. I'm not sure I'm competitive enough to be in T1 (Blackgate) though.

I've also thought about going to a 'bronze league' server. They seemed to have the most balanced matchups during the season. I just don't know which one would be best. I'm also worried another season is going to screw up things (again).

I've also thought about going to a 'bronze league' server. They seemed to have the most balanced matchups during the season. I just don't know which one would be best. I'm also worried another season is going to screw up things (again).
    Gates of Madness is very fair-weather. There will be multiple zergs holding all sorts of stuff one night, then the next night they're trying to drum up interest. There's a guild or three dedicated, but I'm not an active Wv guy myself. It's probably fairly representative of the third tier, I'd think. As you say though, no way to know what a new season might do. (I guess we're also doing Tequatl nightly, but I haven't tagged along yet.)

What server are you on Lane?

It's Christmas/New Years week. Coverage hasn't been normal on many servers.

Gate of Madness is without a doubt the coolest named server and where I originally wanted to roll until a friend (who quit less than a month later :P) intervened.

However, what you described is something I've already experienced extensively and I really don't want to be on another heavily fairweather dependent server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    What server are you on Lane?

It's Christmas/New Years week. Coverage hasn't been normal on many servers.
    Crystal Desert. Here's a fun comment from our current matchup thread that basically sums up WvW now, "Yesterday devolved into a race between HoD and BP to see who could cap all of CD’s keeps before point turn over."

Coverage may not be "normal" on other servers, but it also hasn't degenerated to the extent ours has. It hasn't been showing any signs of getting any better either. I've simply lost my patience with it. I keep saying "I'll give it another week", but fact of the matter is instead of perpetually waiting (especially when things appear to only be getting worse) I could be enjoying myself now somewhere else. Apparently quite a few came to that conclusion before I did.

We're blue, btw. /sigh

Last edited by Lane; 2014-01-01 at 07:15 AM.

Gate of Madness is one of the final missions in Guild Wars 1. It was basically going down to hell to talk to the gods. It was freakin' awesome.

Anet gave a lot of the GW2 servers names based off GW1 lore and stuff. Jade Quarry, Yaks Bend, Devona's Rest, Kaineng, et cetera.