Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

MSNBC Mocks Mitt Romney's Grandson (No bias)

Considering the OP was a bit flagrant and got infracted, and his thread closed I thought I'd create this thread to continue the topic:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/msnbc-host-...023826137.html

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czMoPk9trqg

From the story:
    MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry concluded the “What’s So Funny About 2013?” segment of her Sunday show with a chorus of laughter at the black grandson pictured in former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s family Christmas photo. The chuckles were directed at baby Kieran – who was adopted by Romney’s son Ben and his wife Andelynne in September.
    Please keep the discussion civil.

My thoughts from the prior thread is the MSNBC was being bigoted, plain and simple.

It's an incredibly low and somewhat racist blow.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

As usual America media has double standards. If a conservative said this on TV they would be fired and beat with a stick by the liberals and media. A liberal says it no one does or says shit an they think its funny. Amazes me people talk about Fox news yet MSNBC is this biggest piece or shit news channel on TV. Where is Rev Al an Jesse Jackson to defend the innocent black baby. Oh wait there to busy going after Phil Robertson and would never go against the lefties anyways.
    As the OP of the other thread said it, this is how I feel as well.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Almost ironic after Romney himself made a point of mocking blacks and mexicans in a behind-the-scene video with donors during the 2012 campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    MSNBC cast and crew like to masturbate on-air to the idea of a black/white race war, so no surprises here.

I'm trying to figure out if I should be offended by this or not. I really don't know. I personally didn't feel like it was that much of an attack on the baby as it was on the Republican party and their relationship with blacks. That's just me though.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this adoption to be purely political when considering the history of the LDS.

... I saw it, I chuckled when I heard the song. It wasn't racist, it wasn't over the top lol. It was if anything an off joke.

How people work:

Person A supports x news media, oh and they're conservative. Person A gets flack from person b and y liberal media when x media is saying stupid racist things or anti immigrant things, or anti gay things, or anti non christian things. Person A then procedes to latch onto any little thing y media does and blows it out of as though x and y really are the same.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-12-31 at 10:22 PM.

I think laughing at irony isn't racist but ok.

I never saw an "oh the irony" statement rile up conservatives so lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    As the OP of the other thread said it, this is how I feel as well.
    I think if a conservative said it, they might just win a primary in South Carolina:

Rove invented a uniquely injurious fiction for his operatives to circulate via a phony poll. Voters were asked, "Would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain...if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This was no random slur. McCain was at the time campaigning with his dark-skinned daughter, Bridget, adopted from Bangladesh.
    http://www.thenation.com/article/dir...d-john-mccain#
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    MSNBC cast and crew like to masturbate on-air to the idea of a black/white race war, so no surprises here.
    Not unlike conservative posters on MMO-Champ.

Speaking of the Karl Rove strategy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I never saw an "oh the irony" statement rile up conservatives so lol.
    Well, liberals are really determined to stick with this odd idea of "all conservatives hate black people, even the black conservatives", and it's starting to get really old.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post

My thoughts from the prior thread is the MSNBC was being bigoted, plain and simple.
    Really? I didn't think so..

- - - Updated - - -

Well, liberals are really determined to stick with this odd idea of "all conservatives hate black people, even the black conservatives", and it's starting to get really old.
    Well... the shoe fits often times. Racist who hate blacks are more likely to be conservatives than liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a child and his race as a political weapon is pretty disgusting.

I think its just easier for MSNBC to be bigoted because they mentally disassociate themselves from it. I watch abcnews but they aren't perfect either.

Most Liberals don't say "all", they say "the sheer vast majority." Because if they said "all", then conservatives would just get a singular black best friend, like they tend to do and say "See? We're not racist!"

Also, I find it funny that Republicans weren't outraged when Karl Rove used a made-up fear-mongering story about John McCain having a black child.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-12-31 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It worked for Bush in South Carolina...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Well... the shoe fits often times. Racist who hate blacks are more likely to be conservatives than liberals.
    So of course, the rest of us must be racist by association.

I would remind everyone that domestic terrorists have statistically trended toward being liberals. Judging each other by our fringe groups isn't a good road to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Using a child and his race as a political weapon is pretty disgusting.

I think its just easier for MSNBC to be bigoted because they mentally disassociate themselves from it. I watch abcnews but they aren't perfect either.
    Where were they being bigoted though? I really am missing this glaring bigotry?

So far this is the trend I am getting from this forum.

If person does something racist (clearly racist) and they're not a liberal then it's not really that racist and any excuse will be made to try and say it's not racist.

If person does something that mentions race in an off way (not clearly racist) and they're a liberal this forum will crucify them. I feel like i'm sitting around a bunch of conservatives lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Liberals don't say "all" they say "the sheer vast majority." Because if they said "all", then conservatives would just get a singular black best friend, like they tend to do and say "See? We're not racist!"
    Okay, the vast majority then. It's still an incorrect and intentionally divisive statement.