Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Holy, is something i have always played and i rank alot but that's not good enough, most guilds don't want one and won't take one for progress i mean why would they when shamans druids monks disc are so much better, even thought about going disc because the numbers are clearly not that high as holy but i enjoy holy and hope we get some tweaks for WoD.

Holy will never hit high numbers unless there's a fight with predictable, constant, aoe that requires far more than 300k healing per second where groups of players are always within 30 yards of each other.

Disc's HPS limit is far more than what any heroic fight requires, so there really is no reason at all for a holy priest to bother.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe true but Atonement is soooo fucking boring and takes zero skill its just ridiculous...

same as Shaman placing healing rain and totems where u dont even have to watch silence/aoe/whatever....just cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    Maybe true but Atonement is soooo fucking boring and takes zero skill its just ridiculous...

same as Shaman placing healing rain and totems where u dont even have to watch silence/aoe/whatever....just cheap
    This.

I play both but since our guild has 3 disc priests I went holy. Believe it or not, I can still keep up. But this is only on fights that need heavy healing. If the damage is low the output is low but that is to be expected. I usually switch to Serenity with low damage. As long as the boss dies and people don't then what is the big deal?

If a guild is shunning you b/c you do rank yet your output appears lower than other healers then they are a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about heals. You downed the boss and you ranked so obviously there isn't a healing issue. Besides, someone has to come in lower on the meters and if there is disc or paladin then your heals are sniped way too quickly in 10 man vs 25 man.

Holy is not broken. Chakra could use a revamp and mana regen is not as easy as for us as it is for Disc/Monk. DH and GS are still fantastic. And, quite frankly, DI is awesome with Holy. Not to mention the 2 pc tier that works nicely with FDCL and Serendipity.

Really, it's a playstyle preference. If it's ten man I usually go disc but in 25 man I have no problems being holy. Depends on the raid makeup and the player themselves.

If you think holy isn't viable you obviously aren't playing a holy priest (or not playing it well).

Quote Originally Posted by Daoshi View Post
    If you think holy isn't viable you obviously aren't playing a holy priest (or not playing it well).
    And you obviously are not doing heroics. My biggest pet peeve are noobs that like to use LFR as a base line for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post

Well you could try playing without atonement and see how awful a disc priest can be, when nazgrim goes D stance everyone goes from being 100% topped off to dotted/tanking people getting below 50% cause of shit expensive healing outside pwshield/atonement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    And you obviously are not doing heroics. My biggest pet peeve are noobs that like to use LFR as a base line for wow.
    Holy is 100% viable on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    My 'biggest pet peeve' are people (no need to get insulting here) who dismiss everything out of the main stream as only possible when carried through LFR.

As a main spec Holy Priest whos 9/14H 25-man, Id describe Holy this way:

Pros:
    Raw HPS Potential is sky-high
    Highest DPS potential when needed

Cons:
    Rigid Healing Pattern is suboptimal for many fights
    Slow to cast means high skill-curve to reduce overhealing
    Cannot prevent damage (to himself or others)
    Subpar raid utility (compared to other healers)

If you run with 6 or more healers on Heroic, you will top the charts on only a few fights. Chakra has the opposite of its intended effect and makes it very difficult to be versatile as a Healer. Overall, the spec is just clunky but effective in certain situations and with skill. You will have to make more decisions each fight than if you play Disc.
    Last edited by Azghoul; 2014-01-02 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Holy is 100% viable on heroic.
    Yes, so were marksman hunters in tier 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Yes, so were marksman hunters in tier 14.
    almost every spec has remained viable in heroics. Don't confuse fotm/op specs with non-viable specs. While i will agree that certain dps specs of pure dps classes aren't viable. 99% of hybrid specs are viable at all times.

I am going to drop some LoL terminology on you with the word meta. Heroic Guilds and Raiders all develop a meta to thier comps for healing/dps/tanking/etc. With healing groups you tend to have a tank healer, raid healer, and a fill. In 25 man this is more drawn out and can get more specific but i will keep it simple for now. These roles for healers I will call subroles since healing is more dynamic but does tend to follow a trend.

For each subrole a group wants the best it can have that also synergizes with the other roles. Disc is top tier for tank healing and mid tier for raid healing. Holy is low tier for tank healing and mid tier for raid healing. However you can have a holy tank healer and still get by.

Finally heal sniping is probably one of the worst arguments for a class. Heal Sniping is generally not encouraged and eats excess healer mana. If you went oom in a fight where you were sniping you are doing it wrong. Furthermore if keeping everyone alive is easy enough that you have heal snipers, why do you care whos healing the best? I played a resto shaman in heroics for some of the worst raids for resto shamans and did fine. It was a challenge, but it was doable. Hell SOO was so easy to heal with the buffs i got extremely bored.

Anyway i am looking forward to rolling a priest in wod (never could level past 14) and will probably pick up holy as an easy transition. I have healed with a lot of priests and i can tell you that the more you heal with a group and develop a flow, the better your heals are. Healer groups that synergize are far better than groups of "elite" healers.

Deleted
    Absolutely nothing wrong with holy. It has crazy raw throughput atm, only rshamans come anywhere near. The only problem is that to get the best use out of holy you need to drop your healers down to the bare minimum, because holy has no mechanism to deal with overhealing.

Holy also has the highest DPS out of any healer. If you gear it for DPS you can fairly close to the bottom half of the DPS specs. The problem is you can't heal and DPS at the same time very well.

I think the only improvement holy needs is some mechanism to deal with overhealing and mastery needs to affect renew ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Didn't Holy oneheal Garrosh Heroik tenman?
    yes, this is the thing - one heal - so no competition on meters.
    holy can heal everything and be great, but holy - when healing with other healers (especially when taking more healers then needed) - will appear, on meters, below other healers and this is all that counts right? (at least here it seems to be)