Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    I drop trains in the auction house.
    This is why every last one of my alts has a Wind-Up Train Wrecker in its bags.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

I liked to PvP in Skettis in BC. There were so many quests that involved aggroing dangerous mobs. I could just wait for someone to aggro a Talonsworn Forest-Rager and then attack. As a priest I could just open with a fear and they would aggro a bunch of stuff.

Skettis was such a small area with most of it a lake that it made for a wonderful non-consensual PvP arena.

Deleted
    fapping during boring lfr fights

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    When a PUG reeks of fail, I pretend I don't know English. I taught myself some Bislama just to be convincing. I've been kicked from a Flex run for it because they thought I was a terrorist.

I've done LFRs just to watch people derp to death.

I rolled my vanilla Warlock so I could get away with telling people things like "I want you to cut yourself in real life." It wasn't an RP realm. See, when my Paladin said that, it got called "verbal abuse". When a Warlock says it, it's "in character" and GMs apologize for wasting your time.

My guild leader stopped having me babysit interrupts after I admitted to having ADHD. I haven't told him there's two types and mine's mostly impulse problems. He doesn't ask, I don't tell -- I want as few raid duties as humanly possible. Half the time I pretend to be spaced out so he doesn't ask me to summon people.

My first BC realm was full of gold beggars. I used to put 2g in the trade window, alt-tab to work, and time how long it took them to realize they'd been had. The record was about 45 minutes.

I leveled a hunter just to grief people. I'm thinking of undeleting my hunter for this very reason.

During BC, I realm transferred during an SSC run. 10 seconds after the raging alcoholic GM finally gave me something (gotta love "loot council"), I hit Alt-F4, loaded my browser, and finalized. It worked.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-12-31 at 12:04 PM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Some of you aren't really confessing - you're just trying to show you've done stuff that is grief-ish and pretty common/typical. Boring! Have some courage and 'fess up!

My confession would be that I played the game only for PvP from vanilla all the way up to Wrath (except for a one-year break when I quit the game after battlegrounds were introduced - I felt they ruined world PvP. Still feel that way, to be honest). Anyway, I wouldn't raid at all; participated only in PvP/arena guilds; did only as much PvE content as I absolutely had to do; referred to PvE'ers as "Carebears" or "Dragonslayers"; was patronizing about anyone who played on PvE servers; spouted the usual rhetoric about how raiding took no skill because the encounters were all pre-determined...blah, blah, blah.

In Wrath, I ended up in a very nice guild that showed me how raiding can be challenging and fun. But the 'confession' part is that I recently started leveling an alt on a very high-population PvE server (I like playing the AH on big servers) and found the quality of life there to be SO MUCH BETTER than anything I have experienced on PvP servers.

Just as one example, I was able to finish (and read) the STV quest series for the first time ever, lol. Granted, it's a server that is known for a good environment, but overall I must confess to my previous close-minded and condescending attitude toward PvE players, make amends, and state here for the record that I wish I'd played on PvE servers long ago.
    Last edited by Saravat; 2013-12-31 at 08:25 PM.

I play on a PvE server because random PvP has zero appeal to me as a rule of thumb. I am considering finding someone in my guild with a toon on a PvP realm dominated by my faction, getting invited over there, and grinding out the bloody coins for the achievement and pets.

My confession is that I want to do this on another server because I think the people doing it on my server are awful, horrible people, and I am not even remotely sure that I would be any better picking a PvE realm to do it on -- especially because I want it completely dominated by my faction so that most of them are PvP flagged but not actually any good at PvP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    My confession is that I want to do this on another server because I think the people doing it on my server are awful, horrible people, and I am not even remotely sure that I would be any better picking a PvE realm to do it on -- especially because I want it completely dominated by my faction so that most of them are PvP flagged but not actually any good at PvP...
    I've actually created an alt on another (pvp) server to do this....

I used a leveling service in vanilla.

Right before one of our durumu attempts in tot I hit alt F4 instead of my pre-pot keybind Alt 4, I blammed it on a dc

I have lied to get out of a raiding schedule because I didn't want to let the team down, but just couldn't stand living my life around a game anymore. I made up a personal story so that I could leave with no pressure and enjoy increased freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Moon Guard and I'm happily attached to the realm (seriously I'm scared to level a character on any other realm)

10+ Year Old Account
    I had sex with a girl IRL that i met in trade chat... Met her in SW in a drunken stupor singing the song, "I just had Sex" in trade chat... It didnt end well months later...

Me and a couple of friends caused our guild to disband at the end of WOTLK. Someone joined the guild, got in real tight with the GM, became officer pretty much instantly and got spots in raids even though her DPS was abysmal. GM started to listen to her more and every other officer less and we said fuck it and left, apparently more people felt the same way and by the end of the drama we took about 1/2 to 2/3 of the guild with most of them being raiders.

Deleted
    I discovered "Vanish" at level 58...

Deleted
    Ahh, I remember vanilla days when I was such a massive noob, not a lot has changed... These are all confessions of my first ever character Rayith the Undead Warlock.

- On my first day of playing I was running to Brill and agroed about 4 wandering corpses. I thought I could lose them by hiding behind a tree...
    - Out of game a friend who was playing a Rogue told me that Agility was the best stat for him. I sold all of my cloth stam/int gear and bought anything that had agility on it.
    - I ninja'd some gear in Zul'Gurub the day after being invited to a guild - It wasn't on ML and I hit need after being told to pass... oops:P About 30 seconds after doing so I faked a power cut (telling my gf to alt F4 too) We both didn't log in for 3 days. When we did log in I told the GM that our internet connection had been down!

Deleted
    I was healing on my Holy priest against Gothik and did a hell of lazy horrible healing, the raid wiped 2 times because of me. The other healer, she was trying to prove herself to be on our main setup and performed like a goddess of healing.

Then the spirit trinket dropped, and i needed... I knew she wanted the trinket but i didn't gave to her because of my inner golum.

that torments me every time i see a spirit trinket dropping

Back in WotLK I ran pit of saron through LFG. There was this retribution paladin in our group, running around with one hander + shield, mix of cloth/mail/plate gear for different roles, random talents etc. You could easily say it wasn't your average 'bad' it was something much worse than that. His dps was obviously terrible and I started making jokes that hunters pet is doing more dps than him, and bashed him. He never replied to it. Eventually I said 'Lets kick that paladin, he is useless', and then he went (he said exactly these words and used caps) : NO KICK, PLZ NO KICK PLZ. He said it few times before we kicked him.

Few minutes later I got whispers from random level 1 talking shit to me, it wasn't usual rage whispering though, it was quite weird. It went like this (all in caps): YOU ARE BAD WHY KICK, YOU DIE I HATE YOU, YOU EVIL. I thought that this guy must be trolling me and I took the bait. I started shit talk him back, using most obscure words I could think of. Eventually I told him I wish his father punished him with anal sex and other really mean stuff like that (Yes it went waaaaaay too far). At this point I started to suspect that this guy is not trolling me, and is just really weird beacuse he responded with 'NOOOO STOP, PLZ NO, YOU ARE EVIL, BAD' but well, it only made me come up with even worse stuff, death wishes, cancers, you know, usuall stuff people say when they want to offend someone over the internets. After that guy went quiet for few minutes and i got this respond:

'Hi, this is <paladin's name> dad. I see you are a tough guy over internets. You must be a real man to bully my son. I'd like you to know that he is 19y/o, is deaf and suffers from (some sort of mental disability I don't remember the name of). I'll make sure you will get reported to game masters.'

I felt bad. Perhaps it was a really good troll, but since that day I never trash people like that anymore. I regret what I did and this is my confession.

10+ Year Old Account
    I furry gay cybered with a Night Elf. We couldn't even talk to each other. We just got it on in bear form. One time our guilds followed us and we barely kept them from killing each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love female night elves....

Deleted
    Back in original Zul'Aman bear run, while we were on the way to last priest with 5-8 min to go, I tried to ress a party member who died on the way... only to realize I was casting Astral Recall...
    Faqd over my entire raid group.