Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    As soon as you can prove that Holy can't do the job we can all /clap
    Holy can do the job, but viable doesn't mean good, effecient, or optimal. In perfect conditions (no other healers around, especially disc), Holy shines, but when does that ever happen? The Percentage of people playing the spec both in 10s and 25s throughout the entire xPac speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    Holy can do the job, but viable doesn't mean good, effecient, or optimal. In perfect conditions (no other healers around, especially disc), Holy shines, but when does that ever happen? The Percentage of people playing the spec both in 10s and 25s throughout the entire xPac speaks for itself.
    So again, you're not forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    So again, you're not forced.
    So the fact that the vast majority of raiding Priests are Disc isn't a problem at all? Holy is a jack of all trades and a master of none, but in 25 man raiding you might as well take the masters...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    So the fact that the vast majority of raiding Priests are Disc isn't a problem at all? Holy is a jack of all trades and a master of none, but in 25 man raiding you might as well take the masters...
    Community problem does not mean design problem. Lazy players does not mean that something isn't an option.

This is madness
    No, this is /zzzzz

lol at all the people who say spriest...some people just need to learn how to spriest.

class: monk
    spec: spriest

"My class/spec because reasons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yeaaaa, no warrior would agree.

In PvE: Hunters.

In PvP: Spriests.

Why do you think hunters have suffered the most? They were super strong early mop (as usual with expansions) and they're not bad right now. Quite good AoE, nice burst, mobility, can provide most buffs.

Although they don't really bring something super unique, but it's always good to have atleast one when doing 10man.

I'm going to say rogue, and only because I think it's probably the class that has had the least amount of changes over the years. It is so dull... But that's just what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Why do you think hunters have suffered the most? They were super strong early mop (as usual with expansions) and they're not bad right now. Quite good AoE, nice burst, mobility, can provide most buffs.

Although they don't really bring something super unique, but it's always good to have atleast one when doing 10man.
    Has not been the case since TBC. (I think. Don't remember when Mages got their Bloodlust)

Marksman Hunter - crap from the start and stayed crap. Other hunter specs did ok.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

PvP -- MW monks in arena and (especially) WW monks in arena/rbgs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I saw a fire mage once in this expansion. Just once.

They used to be beastly in PvP back in Cata, now they're pretty much extinct.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2014-01-01 at 11:22 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

WW Monk - imagine being the worst melee class out there, how much would that bum you out?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Shadow priest, no doubt about it.
    Spriest is probably the only questing spec that is outright BAD from 85-90. You are much better off as disc or even holy. Boomkin is almost as bad. If you don't like leveling or questing as feral, bummer. And if you would prefer to stay speced tank/heals, double bummer.

I liked shadow before they "fixed" it. Shadow seems clunky now, almost like ret.

Speaking of paladins, I've never liked ret but I've always liked prot. Prot used to be a great leveling and questing spec, but that got thoroughly nerfed in MoP. I still can't stand ret, so I spent a lot of time doing 10-15k at level 90 on my paladin before I got some half decent gear. (Holy is actually worse than that.)

I think most classes/specs are fine in MoP (I have 9/11 at level 90) but the shadow/boomkin/protadin being really poor at questing thing (unless you have normal mode raid gear) annoys me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    lol at all the people who say spriest...some people just need to learn how to spriest.
    The only thing anyone can do to spriest better is get better gear, and get taken to fights where you can multidot. Aside from that, you're unloved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Enhancement Shaman....especially in PvE, we've been sooo good all expansion that when WoD rolls around we will be murdered by nerfs
    Somewhat agree to this. I've played enhancement since vanilla. Blizzard have yet to fix our 'we have nothing to do right now' moment in the rotation. However, it isn't as bad with the 4set bonus from SoO, which in my opinion should be a passive. It went to a more 'we have nothing to do right now, except pray to the gods that lava lash procs'.

Make the 4set bonus a passive, increase the proc chance and it will close the gap that we need. Other than that, Enhancement seems to be on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Spriest is probably the only questing spec that is outright BAD from 85-90. You are much better off as disc or even holy. Boomkin is almost as bad. If you don't like leveling or questing as feral, bummer. And if you would prefer to stay speced tank/heals, double bummer.

I liked shadow before they "fixed" it. Shadow seems clunky now, almost like ret.

Speaking of paladins, I've never liked ret but I've always liked prot. Prot used to be a great leveling and questing spec, but that got thoroughly nerfed in MoP. I still can't stand ret, so I spent a lot of time doing 10-15k at level 90 on my paladin before I got some half decent gear. (Holy is actually worse than that.)

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing anyone can do to spriest better is get better gear, and get taken to fights where you can multidot. Aside from that, you're unloved.
    I have an 88 Shadow Priest right now and I don't know wtf you're talking about. They don't feel any "different" than any other class at that point. Druid was the most painful to level followed closely by a tie with Shaman+Warrior. I don't think shadow is as fun or interesting as it was in TBC (didn't play priest Wrath or Cata) but it's just an awkward hybrid between Warlock and Mage.

Also, I think people are confused by time here. Who honestly remembers leveling in TBC? (I say because Vanilla doesn't count so much for this discussion) I recall entire guides showing from what level and which spec point to spend for the most efficient and speediest leveling course. I don't think it was until Cata that honestly leveling as Protection for Paladins was a complete option. It sure as hell wasn't in Tbc and it was completely not fun at the start of Wrath.

Frankly, I would argue that compared to leveling Blood everything sucked to level in MoP. Blood was apparently the ONLY tanking spec which could not only put out damage (not pure dps levels but still better than the others) and have nearly 100% survivability levels. With Guardian you'd as a player would die of boredom before killing anything and Warriors just don't solo Prot very well compared to the "We heal all day long" alternatives. Can't speak on Monks given I only did Brew till spiny kick of death was rewarded but out of the big 4 I'd say if you could calculate damage, survivability, and speed together Blood dominates the rest with Paladins coming in a distant second followed by a tie for shit place with Warriors and Druids. (I don't think I died once on a rare with the Dk. Death Strike is OP)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    WW Monk - imagine being the worst class out there, how much would that bum you out?
    Fixed. Seriously though, I have to side with the idea that most people were already playing something else as a main so they didn't feel the sting of this. If anything, I believe people were expecting another Dk level of awesomeness and Blizzard held back A METRIC SHIT TON because of the first 3 months of Dk madness.

Deleted
    The remake of Spriest in MoP was really really terrible. Cataclysm spriest was almost absolutely perfect. All that had to be done was to make a more powerful/fun dps CD, and increase the single target no ramp up time burst by a tiny bit. I realised that spriests were kind of shit to play already at the MoP pre-patch (like who the heck designs that shit?). After less than a month at lvl 90 I decided to reroll to warlock. And that was after maining shadow priest ever since I rerolled from holy/disc to shadow in late Tbc. At least the demo warlock was extremely fun to play in back when I raided heroic modes in 5.0 and 5.1.

I couldn't really give a damn about numbers that much (as long as it is bearable). If I can't make it out of the 5man heroic progress stage without falling asleep because the spec I am playing is terrible then I couldn't really care less about 25man heroic BiS numbers.

Unless they completely revamp shadow priests again, I guess I am going to play my warlock once again when I activate my account when the new expansion arrives. It's quite sad though. I have a lot of rare stuff on my priest that I would love to use but can't since the only dps spec they have is depressing to play. It amazes me how Blizzard managed to make spriests the ranged ret paladins in MoP (shit ton of procs) but without any actual cds to compensate. And all of it was because a couple of people complained about the damage being slightly affected my rng the first 20 seconds of a fight (like that ever mattered over the course of a 10 min heroic raid boss).
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2014-01-02 at 12:21 AM.

To prove my point why Marksman Hunter had it worst just check this:

Yes, the lowest line is marksman hunter
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an 88 Shadow Priest right now and I don't know wtf you're talking about. They don't feel any "different" than any other class at that point. Druid was the most painful to level followed closely by a tie with Shaman+Warrior. I don't think shadow is as fun or interesting as it was in TBC (didn't play priest Wrath or Cata) but it's just an awkward hybrid between Warlock and Mage.

Also, I think people are confused by time here. Who honestly remembers leveling in TBC? (I say because Vanilla doesn't count so much for this discussion) I recall entire guides showing from what level and which spec point to spend for the most efficient and speediest leveling course. I don't think it was until Cata that honestly leveling as Protection for Paladins was a complete option. It sure as hell wasn't in Tbc and it was completely not fun at the start of Wrath.

Frankly, I would argue that compared to leveling Blood everything sucked to level in MoP.

[...]

Fixed. Seriously though, I have to side with the idea that most people were already playing something else as a main so they didn't feel the sting of this. If anything, I believe people were expecting another Dk level of awesomeness and Blizzard held back A METRIC SHIT TON because of the first 3 months of Dk madness.
    I haven't played WW but I have a MW that has been played quite a bit and it's a fine spec. It might be my new favorite mob grinding spec, at least at the gear levels I have access to. Haven't tried BM at level 90 yet but I am collecting gear, will do it soon. MW is going to be different in WoD but I think that's fine. I also think WW will be a lot less broken. Blizzard would, I think, like to improve the representation of Monks so they might well be FOTM for several months come WoD.

I couldn't stand shadow. But, some people liked it better than the old one. That's fine.

Druid was indeed horrible to level because I just didn't want a feral spec. If I had 3 specs I would have made a kitty, but I enjoy both boomkin and resto and I think that having to use multiple addons to remember my skills and visit a trainer to get/swap that 3rd spec is just stupid. But most of my druid leveling I did by herbing, so, although it was slow, it mostly didn't matter whether combat sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    To prove my point why Marksman Hunter had it worst just check this:

Yes, the lowest line is marksman hunter
    There is SO MUCH sample bias in Top 100 parses. You can't say anything about how MM is in general from a sort of Top 100 parses.