Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think they should change aspects to give utility only,aspects should not directly influence in DPS, because then there will always be the "right choice".

My expectations:
    They keep aspects, and come up with something to make it interesting;
    They change how each specs works (although they already said they'll do it), i think that BM should work a bit more like rexxar, summoning and using wild beasts to fight, more abilities like Dire beast and A Murder of Crows could work well with the spec;
    They make our abilities scale better with crit, mastery and haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    If you don't like hunters you aren't forced to play them. I could personally never see myself playing another class. And to say they are the same is laughable, especially this tier. You pretty much can't get further apart than BM and SV playstyle right now.
    I'm sorry but as someone who has mained a hunter since classic I totally agree with him. I love hunters and I still play mine, regardless; but lets face it the specs feel exactly the same and the class if more boring now than ever. Blizz nerfed the hell out of us and took away all our fun.

My WoD predictions are more of the same. They will promise us the world but instead nerf every new ability we get and remove more iconic abilities till our class is no longer recognizable. Which will then push them to give us a mid-to-end tier buff and the cycle will start all over again in 7.0.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I only wish our PVP didn't nerf our PVE.

Deleted
    Well, seeing the latest blue posts I think we can all rejoice. For WoD they're giving us new pets!!! /sarcasm

Seriously, what's with the devs and Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    Well, seeing the latest blue posts I think we can all rejoice. For WoD they're giving us new pets!!! /sarcasm

I don't see the reason to be a pessimist about something that isn't even mandatory... That twitter part was just about why some sorts are not tameable.
    If they do add them there will probably be 0.000% incentive to get them if you don't want to get them, and atleast the final post went about making hunter specs feel differently in WoD.

This is what's wrong with this community tbh, they discuss one thing that appeals to some people and which is optional and you got someone else instantly jumping on a forum announcing doomsday.

They're playing to their audience. Although this forum may not reflect it, I have a feeling a larger portion of the playerbase is into that sort of thing. The cover of WoD, for example, is very cartoon-ish. I don't think that's an accident.

Edit: Okay, they changed the WoD cover. I was wrong. :S The older silhouette one was what I was referring to.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-01-01 at 04:59 PM.

because the ~casual~ hunter players enjoy taming pets

thats why i have every hunter pet come at me nerds im the beastmaster

10+ Year Old Account
    More fun pets to tame

CA being active how it normally is and again in execute range

Bola Shot being the normal talent pick

Sniper Shot or whatever its called getting the Chao Bolt type treatment where its like a mother fucking Kamehamea Wave but takes 3 episodes to wind up and 3/4s of a 4th episode including us reflecting on your hunter life from that first tame to one of your proudest acheivments as a hunter to this very momement when the cast is over and it flies toward the target and Parry -_-

With or without you being bad into oblivion then blizzard goes we want it to be talent more people take and buffs it. Pvpers complain and it gets nerfed back into oblivion.

Black Arrow getting a partial nerf in damage taken off cool down allowing it to be spread around for lnl procs
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    I don't see the reason to be a pessimist about something that isn't even mandatory... That twitter part was just about why some sorts are not tameable.
    If they do add them there will probably be 0.000% incentive to get them if you don't want to get them, and atleast the final post went about making hunter specs feel differently in WoD.

This is what's wrong with this community tbh, they discuss one thing that appeals to some people and which is optional and you got someone else instantly jumping on a forum announcing doomsday.
    My point is they should focus much less on pets and much more on the class. I clearly remember when 5.2 hit, the hunter community was crying for buffs (as we always do, to be honest) and what they got was 3 new fugly spirt beasts to tame. And do you remember what the most highlighted addition to the class was in WotLK? Exotic pets. I could hear all those 15 yo kids yelling "me rides with devilsaur! me so pawerfall!"

It might just be me, but the more focus they put on pets the least I feel like playing my hunter. I wish it was more an archer than a stable master - and don't tell me SV or MM have that feel because they just don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    They're playing to their audience. Although this forum may not reflect it, I have a feeling a larger portion of the playerbase is into that sort of thing. The cover of WoD, for example, is very cartoon-ish. I don't think that's an accident.

Edit: Okay, they changed the WoD cover. I was wrong. :S The older silhouette one was what I was referring to.
    I agree of course, as I said it looks to me like hunters have been designed to attract kids more than other classes. But hey, might just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Sniper Shot or whatever its called getting the Chao Bolt type treatment where its like a mother fucking Kamehamea Wave but takes 3 episodes to wind up and 3/4s of a 4th episode including us reflecting on your hunter life from that first tame to one of your proudest acheivments as a hunter to this very momement when the cast is over and it flies toward the target and Parry -_-
    That made me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

If you were around during the MoP beta, a bunch of us who were theorycrafting in the beta thread kept insisting we keep calm and not shout Blizzard down about things they still hadn't fixed. We said the same thing in the beta for Cata. And in WotLK. Hunters have continued to see the lowest development among the classes except rogues, and basic things like pet AI/late expansion scaling are still fundamentally broken. Not to mention the lack of raid utility and the penalty we pay for being balanced around being "mobile ranged" when in reality all the top players can play at/near 100% on the run as well. Not to mention the crazy attention to hunters who play to collect pretty pets in all sorts of rare colors (my tallstrider is blue because the closest ones to Stormwind were in Swamp of Sorrows, deal with it).

TBH, for this beta, I'll still be saying people should calm down, but that's because I'm generally a calm person. I am slightly worried though, that this promise for something that's an overhaul-but-not-really-an-overhaul will just be a whole bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing. It's not the result of being a "bad community" but the result of being burned quite a bit. Especially in light of the revamp warlocks got after not being horrible in Cata (sure, they were behind mages and rogues, but still had that legendary staff of OPness). The problem is, hunter is the widest played class, but with a very small upper-echelon community, which suffers because of the perception that "people love the class, no need to fix what ain't broke."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Nice troll, try harder next time.
    I'm trolling? I believe I wasn't tbh, or atleast I hope not, but yes focus is really bad.

Not really relevant, just thought about this scene when I saw the topic. I'm off to bed, good night
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    thats why i have every hunter pet come at me nerds im the beastmaster
    LOL
    /10char

Marks: Turret spec, stands still, casts big nukes

SV: highly mobile. passive speed increase, can do full dps while moving, etc

BM: Hunter literally jumps on his pet's back and player controls pet, with lots of differing pet abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they change so we can pick the buff the pet gives, I don't see any point it being based on the actual pet. If we can bring one we shouldn't be limited to the pet that can use it. For example ALL mages can cast Arcane Intellect, so why shouldn't ALL hunters be able to bring ONE of available pet buffs without changing pets.

Also they are reducing CC, which sounds like they will remove some CC removal aswell. That makes me believe Snake Trap and Master's Call being removed. If you then are worried about Master's Call being removed for PvP then you can use Posthaste instead.

As for Aspects, I kind of want them to stay but become updated. Of course one should be damage increase, one speed increase and one should turn into a raidwide CD speed buff. Then they should remove the Daze effect from the speed ones. If they ever add a fourth tank spec they could always add a Aspect for that

I actually interested in seeing what some new pets look like.

I don't see myself getting to play without a pet, because then we'd be missing that buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I don't see myself getting to play without a pet, because then we'd be missing that buff.
    That would be the easiest fix to apply tbh.

On a side note, I've been thinking it would so much better if they reverted the whole "no penalty when moving" idea of our class. It just makes it harder to balance us and easier to play the class. Has anyone made an in-depth topic about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    mana more mana and mana some more to revive the hunter class.