It's beautiful! No dead pixels (I paid a little extra for the perfect pixel model) and no screen bleeding. My only complaint, and it's a small one that I was aware of before purchasing it, is that the stand it comes with is pretty flimsy, especially when you consider the size of the monitor it is holding up.

Edit: I will be doing a full post in the gaming setup thread once the cooler for my video card arrives, I just wanted to share this quickly here.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-31 at 01:35 PM.

Remove the plastic stripping, geeze!
    The stands are their worst part, yeah.

I'm starting to dislike IPS more and more since I got the Nexus 4. The black levels are atrociously bad, even with this phone which has good black levels for an IPS.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Remove the plastic stripping, geeze!
    Ha, I'm leaving it on until I have it in it's permanent place, which won't be until I move into an apartment of my own.

Speaking of pricing, FWIW, the r9 290 costs ~75% of the GTX 780 and the X costs ~81% of the Ti.
    Prices in both camps include aftermarket coolers. I see little reason to go nVidia at this point unless one wants Shadowplay, which is understandable -- but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

It's beautiful! No dead pixels (I paid a little extra for the perfect pixel model) and no screen bleeding. My only complaint, and it's a small one that I was aware of before purchasing it, is that the stand it comes with is pretty flimsy, especially when you consider the size of the monitor it is holding up.

Edit: I will be doing a full post in the gaming setup thread once the cooler for my video card arrives, I just wanted to share this quickly here.
    I have a X-Star one, so ours is pretty much the same. It is a good monitor it's colors are warm, but it just does not pop out like my Asus one.

Speaking of pricing, FWIW, the r9 290 costs ~75% of the GTX 780 and the X costs ~81% of the Ti.
    Prices in both camps include aftermarket coolers. I see little reason to go nVidia at this point unless one wants Shadowplay, which is understandable -- but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now
    Um, for me GTX 780 non reference is still cheaper than r9 290 non reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-...52,146&sort=a7
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um, for me GTX 780 non reference is still cheaper than r9 290 non reference. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-...52,146&sort=a7
    American oligopoly, always leads to price-gouging - just check out the telecom market for comparison. :P
    The MSRP hasn't changed, mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    BRRRRRRRRRR.

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    but it's not working that great with .... (xsplit? twitch?) right now
    Why not? Last time i tried it worked just fine. Only downside is the fullscreen-only.

@Cheezus, i dont get it.

Oh and happy new year everyone.

Happy new year y'all. Time to sleep I think.

Anybody know any anti-virus software that can get rid of Strep.? Sore throat and irritating cough since yesterday :/

Welp, I successfully removed half of the torx screws on my 680, then tried for over an hour using various methods to remove the remaining with no success. I eventually stopped because both my torx screwdriver and the screws themselves were starting to strip. Apparently this is a known issue because they use locktite on the reference screws. Some people are saying that they sent their cards back to the manufacturer and the manufacturer removed the screws for them, but I think I'm just gonna send the ARCTIC cooler back and wait for the next generation of cards.

Welp, that's awkward. First time I've heard of them being that crazy difficult.

I had regular Phillips heads on my reference 680?

First I've heard of proprietary screws on a GPU. Laptops and consoles? Yes. But GPU coolers? Nah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Anybody know any anti-virus software that can get rid of Strep.? Sore throat and irritating cough since yesterday :/
    I can tell you do not eat beef jerky with strep, it is the stupidest thing that you can do.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I can tell you do not eat beef jerky with strep, it is the stupidest thing that you can do.
    I'll keep that in mind.

I had regular Phillips heads on my reference 680?
    There are four phillips head screws attaching the heatsink backplate, but the "frame" for the reference cooler is held in place by ~12 torx screws.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    There are four phillips head screws attaching the heatsink backplate, but the "frame" for the reference cooler is held in place by ~12 torx screws.
    Have you tried using a screw extractor? Or perhaps try carefully drilling the screw head out with a small drill bit.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Have you tried using a screw extractor? Or perhaps try carefully drilling the screw head out with a small drill bit.
    The emphasis on carefully is so impossible to emphasize. lol

Sorry to hear that, Drew. =/ I find it weird though, every non-reference I've seen is only held on by the four screws around the GPU........ and that's it. ._.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Nah, I don't have a screw extractor and I don't have the courage to try to drill them out, I'd rather just return the cooler and wait until the next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Drew. =/ I find it weird though, every non-reference I've seen is only held on by the four screws around the GPU........ and that's it. ._.
    I've never seen a GPU with just four screws. The following picture isn't great, but I've circled some of the torx screws I'm talking about:

I read some more about the issue last night, and people are blaming locktite or cheap screws or both. Some of them had success drilling them out, etc, but I don't have the experience or knowledge to do that.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-01-02 at 01:36 PM.